A little suggestion pile for the devs

+
So. After 24 hours in the game where i tried to literally try everything i could - and, let us not touch hordes of bugs with almost none of promised optimization, here are my most notable suggestions which are really a "boner-killers":
  • Some choices in Character Creation menu are very shallow or missing. For example: Why any hair-color option except Hairstyle color do not have full palette? Where are body muscles options (especially if i want to RP Strength based character)? Where are nipple-navel-genital piercings?
  • Why even bother to add nudity in the game, if only place you can see it - is in Character Creation, and then add censorship via forced panties? Why no NPC reaction when player dressed (or not dressed at all) erotically?
  • Why the City is so barebonedand immersionless? Cannot interact with junkfood stalls, cannot dance in nightclubs, cannot visit strip clubs, cannot hire hookers, cannot smoke, cannot use trains and subway (the way they suppose to be, not as silly fast travel points), cannot get yourself in jail / arrested by police, cannot sit on benches and etc, no surgery animation for immersion when changing your implants, no plastic surgery clinics and no barbers (in the city where you can literally replace your skeleton, WTF?). I swear i saw pissing hobo when i ran from some bandits one time, but all you can do with toilets - meditative flush them into the oblivion. Nothing to RP around. Not to mention that 99% of any other small shops or buildings are force-Closed from the player.
  • Driving is either clunky as hell or hyper-sensive (Personally i was forced to move on foot because of it). It need to be moore slower with turning and gaining speed, while accelerating these values the longer player presses said buttons.
  • Lifepath choice is mostly irrelevant and very lacking in the character's life. Why even bother?
  • Vi-Jackie bonding memories fast-forward after first Lifepath mission is Extremly immersion-breaking. Why you decided to not let players experience it was a good idea?
  • Item crafting. Why player even allowed to craft anything without a proper tools and workbench? I cannot explain this in any way except Vi have "Folding portable workbench" implant in his/her ass.
  • Police spawns are horrible and remindes me of zombie-spawns from L2D, where zombie horde may start spawning in the secluded toilet stall.
  • No New Game +. Du-dun-duuun...
  • Why even bother to keep Health regenerating implants and perks for player choosing on Hardest difficulty if they do not work at all?
CP2077 can be brushed to be literally GOTY, but it looks and feels so raw, edgy, unpolished and rushed right now that i have suspicions CDPR spent more money on ads instead of working on the actual game :shrug:

Those sound less like suggestions and more like grievances to be honest.

I get that you're disappointed about the features you listed, but I'm assuming there's a good reason they are the way they are. (The reason is probably not enough time and/or a mismanaged development schedule.)

I'm willing to bet the developpers are very aware of all these things, too. There's probably a dev on that team who made a super cool design for NG+ but never got the chance to put it together. Another guy wished he could've spent more time on the character creator to give better options. Another dev probably had big plans for a playable intro sequence, but most of it was cut because it wasn't a priority etc. etc.

Just to clarify, I didn't work on the game at all, but I have game dev experience and all of this sounds very familiar. You may not get all the stuff you wished for, but if it's any consolation, the dev team probably wished for it too.

I've just completed the main story and I am disappointed with how it's turned out. After completing it, I've watched the final cut scene and skipped the credits, where a message appeared saying the usual "Thanks for playing, you can claim a reward". So I pressed the option to Claim My Reward, this just took me back to the Main Menu. Clicked Continue and it took me straight back to the credits.

I then tried a different way to end the game, as I believe there's quite a few ways to choose how it ends. I watched the credits, pressed Claim Reward and it just took me straight back to the start of the last mission but didn't get my reward?

Basically, the only way to continue free roaming and doing the side missions after completing the main story, is by loading your last saved game.

You'd expect that you'd be able to continue free roaming and doing side missions, straight after the main. Hopefully they bring out a DLC soon to sort this out.

Okay, i`ll bite. If we take aside my suggestions - i am mostly irrated that final product is different from what they promised. Your Lifepath choice will have great impact? Lies. Immersive and interactable city? Semi lies. Content that they showed in trailers as playable - suddenly became nothing but memory flashbacks. Nudity is a thing? Boom, panty-censorship. Should i continue?

I never expected such poor tested and overall low-quality product from the devs who made Witcher 3, honestly. Feels like totally different studio.

Last edited:
Okay, i`ll bite. If we take aside my suggestions - i am mostly irrated that final product is different from what they promised. Your Lifepath choice will have great impact? Lies. Immersive and interactable city? Semi lies. Content that they showed in trailers as playable - suddenly became nothing but memory flashbacks. Nudity is a think? Boom, panty-censorship. Should i continue?

I never expected such poor tested and overall low-quality product from the devs who made Witcher 3, honestly. Feels like totally different studio.

I totally get the frustration, and where you're coming from. Definitely feels like a lot of corners were cut to ship on time. I'm willing to bet the game will be much better a year from now, but it sucks because we're playing it now.

The only thing I'll add is please don't use "poorly-tested" if you're referring to the bugs. Again, game dev experience speaking, but almost all games ship with a backlog of bugs/issues that never got fixed. The problem is almost never testing, and almost always running out of time.

Top Bottom