A little worrying

+
It's a little worrying that CPDR's stance seems to be the problem is bugs and performance on PS4/XB1 with no mention of the shallow/incomplete stories/romances, the clumsy illusion of choice, the enormous amount of missing promised content, or just shallow/missing basic RPG elements that we'd expect in any game.

Agreed - only time will tell what the plan is and how much they’ve been listening.

im glad they released a statement. Always better than silence and at least addresses the serious nature of what’s happening.

now it’s just a waiting game.
Yes I am glad to hear from them. But ignoring the larger problem to focus on the smaller problem doesn't inspire confidence.
My concern is in 6 months we'll have the same game without the bugs. That would be very disappointing.

It's a little worrying that CPDR's stance seems to be the problem is bugs and performance on PS4/XB1 with no mention of the shallow/incomplete stories/romances, the clumsy illusion of choice, the enormous amount of missing promised content, or just shallow/missing basic RPG elements that we'd expect in any game.
I think it's just not important for them to discuss this right now. We will see what we will get in the patches and the free DLC's. 3 DLC's for free in a very short time? Perhaps they listen to us.
Did they say something about it in the past, how many paid DLC they plan to release?

There are lots of people who enjoy the game, so i find that the glimpse we have of their strategy is most likely a valid one.

The overhaul will be Cyberpunk 2 in x years.
Compare the Witcher 1 to TW 3 (honestly, I liked TW1 more far more) ... worlds in between and most would say the development was huge. Could be the same with CB.

CP2077 is in the core as it is. You can't rewrite the core, at least not in a few weeks or months. You can just add or change on the surface.

Regards

Yes I am glad to hear from them. But ignoring the larger problem to focus on the smaller problem doesn't inspire confidence.
My concern is in 6 months we'll have the same game without the bugs. That would be very disappointing.
Current console sold 200 mio. in the last years? Financial that it is not a "small" problem.
I think it was more a speech for the investors. There is no lawsuits about cut content and stupid AI.

i disagree..
the story is epic... no change needed
even some sidequests are
you have choices..
kill the cop, give him the video, blackmail him, knock him out and leave him for the cops
what do you expect? change the world?
also the game has 7 endings.. depending on your choices

the story takes part in a 1-2week timeperiod..
and some people expect to marry a person they just did meet
people wanna turn a lesbian into a bi or straight woman... as if that would happen in real life

i just dont wanna go into what type of game it is... because people have diferent opinons of that

i love the game, and it runs good on PC

PS4 and X-Box One players have all the right in the world to be angry

People on Twitter and Facebook only seem care about penams backside and Judy.

When did we lose the ability to critically think about mechaniks and narrative?
That dopamine hits them hard.. that is why they like this game too. Shoot, shoot here and a shoot, shoot there.. the game is made for that majority of people that are made NOT to think but to react. And that is why we wont see good stories anymore because if a game has bigger prologue and GOD FORBID CANT SHOOT ANYTHING...that is a bad game...

There are lots of people who enjoy the game, so i find that the glimpse we have of their strategy is most likely a valid one.

The overhaul will be Cyberpunk 2 in x years.
Compare the Witcher 1 to TW 3 (honestly, I liked TW1 more far more) ... worlds in between and most would say the development was huge. Could be the same with CB.

CP2077 is in the core as it is. You can't rewrite the core, at least not in a few weeks or months. You can just add or change on the surface.

Regards
To be clear, I enjoy the game. That does not make the shortcomings I've pointed out less true, nor does it change the fact we paid for something we didn't get. I also agree that the gap between what we were led to expect and what we got is so large that it is unlikely to ever be closed. It would be to large and costly a product. That's why I today's announcement was worrying, by not addressing it at all, he seemed to confirm that worry.

People on Twitter and Facebook only seem care about penams backside and Judy.

When did we lose the ability to critically think about mechaniks and narrative?
I can worry about both! :)
Post automatically merged:

i disagree..
the story is epic... no change needed
even some sidequests are
you have choices..
kill the cop, give him the video, blackmail him, knock him out and leave him for the cops
what do you expect? change the world?
also the game has 7 endings.. depending on your choices

the story takes part in a 1-2week timeperiod..
and some people expect to marry a person they just did meet
people wanna turn a lesbian into a bi or straight woman... as if that would happen in real life

i just dont wanna go into what type of game it is... because people have diferent opinons of that

i love the game, and it runs good on PC

PS4 and X-Box One players have all the right in the world to be angry
Sure we can all have our opinion, I can even agree with you that the story is epic. It IS an epic story. But not from the perspective of V. It's not V's story. It's not my story. V is basically someone that a lot of things happen to and all end the same way to a large degree regardless of what happens. V is an NPC is another story.

PC players also have a right to be angry because the game they marketed and sold is not what they delivered, even if you enjoy it.

you'd rather they release additional content on a rocky foundation than make sure it runs smoothly on all platforms first, then add new stuff?

Top Bottom