A little worrying

+
CDPR says nothing - Out with the pitchforks

CDPR says something. - Out with the pitchforks

It's a lose lose situation of there own making i guess

No, but when the CEO says "we will make consoles run just as well as the PC version did on release which we are all proud off" without even mentioning the glaring issues of completely broken systems and things that make absolutely no sense like entire perks intended for mechanics that are not in the game you'll get people who would take issue with that.

It wasn't mia culpa we didn't deliver what we promised it was we delivered what we promised on the PC or at least we think we do, we will continue to support it with more content but now our first priority is to make the game run somehow on 7+ year old consoles.

It's not just about the cut content, the entire game is just one rushed job with half of the pieces missing this is why you have mods that don't work, a stat system that is not even something you would want as a placeholder during the early prototyping stage, perks that make you undetectable in water or tied to hacking mechanics that aren't in the game (anymore at least), things like the gorilla arms that were intended to be used to force open doors and other things (it's still in their description) being made irrelevant the nanowire that was turned from a remote port hacking tool to Wonder Woman's whip for no reason etc.

The game at it's core is unfinished and broken, no performance or bug fixing would change that and until CDPR would not acknowledge that people would be upset.

When you have a CEO that says that he is proud of a game where no one can drive and cops teleport into a freaking elevator or a bathroom the moment a warrant is triggered yes it's time for pitchforks, or at least the middle finger.

I watched and listened carefully to the message the CDPR CEO broadcasted through the video today and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed and feel like its a hopeless situation, like this is the final end of the road for Cyberpunk.

Us gamers have learned the hard lesson that we shouldn't read between the lines and interject our own personal hopes and dreams into a game when the developer doesn't explicitly made such a promise in writing, even when its hinted and reasonably inferred or all but assumed, we have to stop short of letting our imagination run wild and we must go by what is actually stated...

It isn't so much what the CEO said, it is what he did NOT say... He made zero mention of revamping the totally nonexistent AI, including the lacking NPC AI driving, the cop chase /stars system and also the AI of the NPC pedestrians and in general the true immersion of the game/city that was promised but never materialized...

There was zero mention of adding back content that was cut, nothing about adding back the train system, or the walk climbing, or dual welding or any number of dozens of features and functionalities that were promised in the numerous trailers but then suddenly abandoned and cut out at the very last minute in order to ship a broken and incomplete game under false pretenses just to pump up sales revenue for the holiday season....

So in essence, there will be a few bug fixes, but that's pretty much it.... you can tell by the tone of the CEO that in his mind the PC version is already pretty great and basically don't even need fixing, and the main focus will be on making the last gen consoles versions more playable...

What is most disheartening perhaps is towards the end of the video message the CEO is just brushing Cyberpunk aside and already on the verge of pimping to us the next new games/titles that CDPR has in the pipeline and in the works...

I for one will never again pre-order another game from CDPR, and most likely will never buy nor play another CDPR game ever again if their DLC ends up being just some more story telling missions and does nothing to fix the AI, to add back functionality that was in the trailer but cut out at last minute, or to make good on the immersion that was promised that would befit a city of this genre...

But if we are to take the CEO's own words at face value, there is no evidence that any of this will ever happen. The only thing he mentioned was bug fixes, primarily on the last gen consoles, and still refused to admit the PC version is also horribly broken in that its basically missing at least a full 1/3rds of the content/functionality/immersion that was cut out in order to rush the shipping date and also to load-shed the game enough to conform to the last gen consoles least common denominator...

It isn't about the money to me, I would gladly pay hundreds or thousands of bucks for a true NightCity that lived up to its full potential... but what we are hearing from the CEO today, is that they will do some bug fixes, push out a DLC with no mention of adding back cut functionality and content/ immersion, no mention of fixing AI, NPC, etc and basically just wrapping it up and now they already want to rinse and repeat and ready to sell us the NEXT game...

Fool me once....

NO... JUST NO. NEVER AGAIN.

Poor assessment in my humble opinion. I'm one of many that have been extremely critical of CDPR and CP2077 but if you can not see the committment they are making by just that initial statement, you missing the point.

Now of course, we will see how this post ages, if you keep it active.

Someone had mentioned CDPR are considering AI a bug, which probably includes all AI in the game (I know how easy it is for one line to completely mess up an entire page of code) and there are random points in the game where something happens that just seems way above what the rest of the game is doing (There was a spot where I cleared out a Valantino gang, I had not left the area yet and after a couple minutes a car flies up and a bunch of Valantinos get out and come after me)

So there's a big chance that some of this stuff you mention is grouped in their "bug fixes" comment.

Poor assessment in my humble opinion. I'm one of many that have been extremely critical of CDPR and CP2077 but if you can not see the committment they are making by just that initial statement, you missing the point.

Who hasn't mentioned a single issue with the game and there are plenty of them other than it runs like dog shit on the previous gen consoles.

In fact they explicitly mentioned that they are very proud of the state of the game as it has been shipped on the PC and that's their target for the base consoles, that isn't commitment to anything besides the fact that they quite likely have to fix that if they ever want to publish anything again on the consoles and not be liable for lawsuits by Sony, Microsoft and retailers for the loss they suffered for having to process refunds.

Someone had mentioned CDPR are considering AI a bug, which probably includes all AI in the game (I know how easy it is for one line to completely mess up an entire page of code) and there are random points in the game where something happens that just seems way above what the rest of the game is doing (There was a spot where I cleared out a Valantino gang, I had not left the area yet and after a couple minutes a car flies up and a bunch of Valantinos get out and come after me)

So there's a big chance that some of this stuff you mention is grouped in their "bug fixes" comment.

Teleporting police isn't a bug, it's due to the lack of an AI system that can actually handle world traversal.

There is a reason why every car chase in the game is scripted, and why even the single race event (which was likely planned as a side activity) is scripted. You compete against a timer which is what defines your placement in the race, your contestants spawn behind or in front of you constantly based on your location in the map and "how well" you are doing - the AI cannot drive.

The crowd is the same, there are two types of crowds the named NPC (those who you scan and have a name) that were hand placed by the developers and are on scripted paths and rails, and filler NPCs that just spawn essentially based on a heatmap in certain areas like sidewalks and latter just scan as NC citizens and they are the ones that are impacted by the crowd density settings and neither of them have any behavioral AI, routines or anything even remotely complex or interesting about them. In fact their crowd system is not only stupid, but stupidly designed and one of the major performance hogs in the game, it's too computationally complicated for the very rudimentary behavior it supports, they actually do collision detection with ray tracing from every entity instead of just simulating the entire crowd as a whole the result is that you are wasting A LOT of resources for absolutely no benefit because it's too fucking slow and they don't have any interesting behavior on top of that.

This game doesn't need a month or two of works, it's probably 2 years away from being finished and the fact that they were proud of their PC release says quite a lot.

Last edited:
They were always going to focus on getting the console versions patched before anything else. Likewise there was no way they were going to commit to improvements to A.I and other content until they had fully tested it on all platforms to see what was achievable. After being burned for overpromising before, expect overly cautious communication until later in the year.

The lack of updates now does not signify that they aren't aware or planning to add systems to the game.

if the haters gonna be true to their words...
we whont see them for a long time... or even never again
but i guess... that whont be the case

A valid argument could be drawn that the AI issues are due to bugs. That being said said, mentioning it is just as subjective as the OP's statements.

I would say, we should raise the question of what is going to be addressed in the bug fixes on the official "Commitment" thread and focus those kinds of questions to hopefully get a response from Dev team.

We need a roadmap for what their vision of the game will be in a years time. They have the entirety of 2021 past February dedicated to content updates, so we all hope that the stuff that we want will be added in that timeframe.

Calling it all over for addressing the most prominent issues seems a little... soon. We're unlikely to see a detailed roadmap until march, if at all.

Beyond that, I think CDPR need to play their cards close to their chest due to the controversy, although at this point a simple statement of "Yes we're adding content that should have been in the base game" would be appreciated, but I can see lawyers diving all over that.

72844286b7f6556a3374df207f5d606ebed63a87.jpg

CDPR says nothing - Out with the pitchforks
CDPR says something. - Out with the pitchforks
It's a lose lose situation of there own making i guess
No. The problem is that instead of an apology, they released 5 minutes of new lies. They didn't know about the status of the console versions? Then why did they forbid people from talking about them before the release, and prevent reviewers from showing their own footage of the game?

I sort of agree with this assessment. I don't want to hear that they are planning future projects. I'm not even sure CDPR will exist much longer with all the legal shenanigans they are involved with. It was a half-hearted mea culpa in regards to the console version. It's great to hear about bug fixes coming but what about the stuff that was clearly cut and they did a poor job of hiding that fact? There's clearly a 6th skill tree that can't be accessed, is that going to be added back in a future DLC?
You can see Jonny Silverhands
background in the character creation screen, is he going to be playable? The rail system? Monowire hacking? Dialogue choices that actually matter? What about those? That's what I want to hear about.

Did you read the roadmap? It says 'Multiple updates and Improvements'
That doesn't address what I'm talking about. He only talked about bugs and legacy console performance. He didn't talk about any other issues with the game. The road map doesn't reference any issues either.
Post automatically merged:

the game is at its basis what it was advertised to be, its not what many people hoped or thought it would be. There's a lot of fixes to systems they could do, but what people really want, is the game to push the boundaries of what games are capable of, in almost all respects. I would love it if they could do that, but that is a task rarely achieved, and even harder as production values go up. Square Enix literally said its not really possible to make ff7 world with todays production values.

The game pushed some boundaries, didnt push others, but minus bugs and errors, its about as much as you can get out of a 60$ 5-8year development game with no microtransactions. Also, even aside that, there is tons of subjective things, that some people like and others don't like. Can't fix those, thats just a choice of the creator
The game is no where near what was advertised. What we hoped or thought it would be was what they advertised. The game very factually is missing a lot of contend their marketing showed would be in the game.

what I only saw in that video
this roadmap hurts, if they had only used for the release instead
Capture.JPG

I'm referring to what the roadmap for the "multiple updates and improvements" section will look like.

Correct. That section, including patch 1.1 and 1.2 needs to be properly defined to the community, so we can understand what they have identified as bugs and if any of the core mechanic issues are on that list i.e :

1) Weapon balancing (Crit chance, armor ignore values etc)
2) Ai behaviour
etc etc

Correct. That section, including patch 1.1 and 1.2 needs to be properly defined to the community, so we can understand what they have identified as bugs and if any of the core mechanic issues are on that list i.e :

1) Weapon balancing (Crit chance, armor ignore values etc)
2) Ai behaviour
etc etc

Mhm, yes. I don't think we're going to see that until the patch notes drop sadly, but I have a sliver of hope that alot of the "problems" of the game are going to be addressed in those patches, outside of just bugs.

I'd reckon that patch #1 will be mainly dealing with getting the last-gen consoles up to par with a few important improvements for all platforms, while patch #2 is going to deal with the majority of the ironing and will serve as a springboard into true content updates. I just hope that patch #2 is going to include some of the basic stuff that we've all mentioned which should be easy enough to implement.

If they say anything about what MIGHT be in patches 1.1 and 1.2 and do not match that exactly then people will most likely say that CDPR lied again therefore just saying that there are 2 updates coming with nothing about what they are working on then they might not be raked over the coals as much

Edit:
Just so people are aware I watched the 48 minute game play video in 2018 and then stopped paying attention to any news about CP2077 primarily because I believed that CDPR was overreaching on goals and knew that things would be cut/delayed for a variety of reasons.

Top Bottom