A little worrying

+
Everything is subject to change. Just don't jump into hype train and believe everything you saw. Never trust promotional video or speculate anything and don't put your expectation too high. Just, don't ever pre-order if you don't want to feel disappointed. Wait until it released, see the review and decide.

Last edited:
Everything is subject to change. Just don't jump into hype train and believe everything you saw. Never trust promotional video or jump into hype train with so many speculation and put your expectation high. Just, don't ever pre-order if you don't want to feel disappointed. Wait until it released, see the review and decide.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the the blame for overhype goes both ways. All the Cyberpunk branded crap released in the past year wasn't the fans idea. I don't remember GTA V getting this much promotional material. It also wasn't our idea to attach big name stars to this game, which may or may not have ham-stringed the story. And yes, waiting for reviews is great advice, assuming the publisher isn't deciding what can or can't be shown, something else CDPR is guilty of and barely acknowledged in this video. Their commitment to quality is questionable at best right now.

Maybe...just maybe...that the guy actually in charge would have a clue and not treat their customers like brainless wallets that don't know any better.
First, those problem every literary not in their hands. the only wrong doing for him is probably agreeing to or suggested to publish the game anyway.
Second, I'm not sure how long a game dev have to explain things so he could understand any of the terms he used, and more detailed problems? that's a old man with no background, let the devs do their job.
So, the thrid, wait or call for a game dev psa is the best thing to do.

I mean this is hardly surprising. They've been signalling from day one that the game is "done" on PC. The present lack of additional bug-fixes on PC is a little unprecedented, but I suspect CDPR is scrambling to get the game reinstated on the playstation store, which is itself an unprecedented situation.

I hope this wakes people up to the fact that CDPR isn't special among the big game studios, and that prior reports of their toxicity (e.g. crunch) should have been taken more seriously, if nothing else as a sign of the quality of the product to come.

Realistically, though, most people aren't going to care and it will be back to businiess as usual in a few months when the playstation issue is sorted out.

I love the game better then any game out atm. I am thankful for the hotfixes and hopefully optimistic for patch 1.1 and updates thereafter. I also am wishful for a true next gen port on PS5 and Xbox X.

IMO this game probably shouldn't have been released for old generation consoles due to their limited capabilities.

The problems go way beyond some issues on last gen consoles. The game is replete with multiple bugs, obviously cut content with frayed edges where things were patched up, missing/terrible AI, lack of substance outside of mission structure, etc. and all of these are there regardless of what system you are playing on.

The video OP is referring to is IMO nothing more than a carefully constructed PR attempt to control the narrative and keep CDPR looking good enough to hopefully avoid more serious litigation.

I don't think it's a message to the consumer as much as it's a red herring being put in place to try to make everything seem like it all comes down to a few little bugs on 'outdated' hardware. :/

at least the DLCs were mentioned in plural. That's my only consolation right now.

Witcher 3 many free DLCs were just some armors, one or two questlines you could do in 15 minutes and I think a few hairstyles.
I would temper the expectations of the many free DLCs.

I would like to hope that these DLCs are the cut content they had to abandon to push the December 2020 release date.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the the blame for overhype goes both ways. All the Cyberpunk branded crap released in the past year wasn't the fans idea. I don't remember GTA V getting this much promotional material. It also wasn't our idea to attach big name stars to this game, which may or may not have ham-stringed the story. And yes, waiting for reviews is great advice, assuming the publisher isn't deciding what can or can't be shown, something else CDPR is guilty of and barely acknowledged in this video. Their commitment to quality is questionable at best right now.
CDPR will do what other companies are doing, by doing business. Many players are bit naive IMHO, what company cares are profit not their players. And I mean by review is not that IGN review type, I mean honest YouTube review, mostly will came out 2-3 days after released.

Its really unhealthy to cling to a game like this barely a month after a rocky launch and build up this fantasy in your head of what it could or should have been and then imagine a timeline of when it can all be made good.

Game dev is difficult and time consuming and it cannot operate on the moment to moment wants of individual players, who (guess what?) all want different things.

Just go do something constructive with your time. Play and enjoy another game and when you are finished, check back in to see what has happened in Cyberpunkland. I do this with Warframe all the time. Play for 6 months on and off and the cool thing is, I never feel disappointed. I stop playing when I'm bored or if some bugs are ruining my favourite things to do. I play something else. I come back 6 months later and now I suddenly have 2 big content drops to playthrough and its like a new game again.

But if you want to feel permanently disappointed by all means, hang on the CEO's vague words for the next 6 months and feel the crushing weight of disappointment at the realization that game dev doesn't work on your personal schedule.

you nailed it!

CDPR will do what other companies are doing, by doing business. Many players are bit naive IMHO, what company cares are profit not their players. And I mean by review is not that IGN review type, I mean honest YouTube review, mostly will came out 2-3 days after released.
Yes we've heard this tired excuse again and again. They are business and exist to make money. We know. No suprise you handwave away CDPR being just as responsible for over promising. And Youtube reviewers were also restristriced in what they could show in B roll footage. Shady practices are shady practices.

Yes we've heard this tired excuse again and again. They are business and exist to make money. We know. No suprise you handwave away CDPR being just as responsible for over promising. And Youtube reviewers were also restristriced in what they could show in B roll footage. Shady practices are shady practices.
I said 2-3 days after released, no restriction anymore because they can review the actual product. Plus what CDPR has been promoted this whole time is way too good to be true. So far only RDR2 can pull it off about the NPC have their own life, but the scale are not this massive.Are you the type who purchased the game straight after it came out without checking it first?

As for the
For me, it fell apart, the moment he said that the reviews on pc were good - no they were not!

Well it does hold a userscore of 7.2 (PC version) on metacritic and a mostly positive rating on Steam and a 3.8 on GOG...

Objectively speaking, yes, it seems the majority of reviews are positive. Positive doesn't mean devoid of any criticism or valid complaint.

As for the

Well it does hold a userscore of 7.2 (PC version) on metacritic and a mostly positive rating on Steam and a 3.8 on GOG...

Objectively speaking, yes, it seems the majority of reviews are positive. Positive doesn't mean devoid of any criticism or valid complaint.
yeah, hyperbolic, self-serving ratings... not the reviews i would count; not when the credo is supposed to be "honest communication with the community". ;)

I watched and listened carefully to the message the CDPR CEO broadcasted through the video today and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed and feel like its a hopeless situation, like this is the final end of the road for Cyberpunk.

Us gamers have learned the hard lesson that we shouldn't read between the lines and interject our own personal hopes and dreams into a game when the developer doesn't explicitly made such a promise in writing, even when its hinted and reasonably inferred or all but assumed, we have to stop short of letting our imagination run wild and we must go by what is actually stated...

It isn't so much what the CEO said, it is what he did NOT say... He made zero mention of revamping the totally nonexistent AI, including the lacking NPC AI driving, the cop chase /stars system and also the AI of the NPC pedestrians and in general the true immersion of the game/city that was promised but never materialized...

There was zero mention of adding back content that was cut, nothing about adding back the train system, or the walk climbing, or dual welding or any number of dozens of features and functionalities that were promised in the numerous trailers but then suddenly abandoned and cut out at the very last minute in order to ship a broken and incomplete game under false pretenses just to pump up sales revenue for the holiday season....

So in essence, there will be a few bug fixes, but that's pretty much it.... you can tell by the tone of the CEO that in his mind the PC version is already pretty great and basically don't even need fixing, and the main focus will be on making the last gen consoles versions more playable...

What is most disheartening perhaps is towards the end of the video message the CEO is just brushing Cyberpunk aside and already on the verge of pimping to us the next new games/titles that CDPR has in the pipeline and in the works...

I for one will never again pre-order another game from CDPR, and most likely will never buy nor play another CDPR game ever again if their DLC ends up being just some more story telling missions and does nothing to fix the AI, to add back functionality that was in the trailer but cut out at last minute, or to make good on the immersion that was promised that would befit a city of this genre...

But if we are to take the CEO's own words at face value, there is no evidence that any of this will ever happen. The only thing he mentioned was bug fixes, primarily on the last gen consoles, and still refused to admit the PC version is also horribly broken in that its basically missing at least a full 1/3rds of the content/functionality/immersion that was cut out in order to rush the shipping date and also to load-shed the game enough to conform to the last gen consoles least common denominator...

It isn't about the money to me, I would gladly pay hundreds or thousands of bucks for a true NightCity that lived up to its full potential... but what we are hearing from the CEO today, is that they will do some bug fixes, push out a DLC with no mention of adding back cut functionality and content/ immersion, no mention of fixing AI, NPC, etc and basically just wrapping it up and now they already want to rinse and repeat and ready to sell us the NEXT game...

Fool me once....

NO... JUST NO. NEVER AGAIN.

There never was any real missing content. That was exaggerated and made up by the fans who exaggerated it by all standards.

Also, it's INSANE to focus on modifying the game's story and content until it can actually run.

They have their focus correct.

It's a little worrying that CPDR's stance seems to be the problem is bugs and performance on PS4/XB1 with no mention of the shallow/incomplete stories/romances, the clumsy illusion of choice, the enormous amount of missing promised content, or just shallow/missing basic RPG elements that we'd expect in any game.

Uh, I don't think there was ever a chance of them rewriting the game.

Sure I'd naturally expect them to focus on bugs, stability and the legacy console issue first, but like I said to not mention the other issues at all is a little worrying.

Well they said, "In the next half of the year."

Last edited:
yeah, hyperbolic, self-serving ratings... not the reviews i would count; not when the credo is supposed to be "honest communication with the community". ;)

Steam's system is definitely flawed. It's lack of nuances is disappointing.

Both GOG and Metacritic have their fair share of 0s and 10s that are meant to boost or lower the game's score but, overall, if you actually read the reviews, most are very fair.

Top Bottom