A little worrying

+
It was nice that CDPR did the apology, but the fundamental issue remains.

CP2077 is not doing that well on PC, unlike what was claimed in the video.

This is Witcher 3 on metacritic:

1610598411027.png

This is Cyberpunk 2077 on metacritic:
1610598433486.png

I think the score is only going to drop further down from here on out, as more people finish the game and/or replay it. The flaws become more apparent when you see how the game has little to no replayability. It's nothing related to bugs or performances. It's a product design (or lack thereof) problem. Big one, if you ask me.

Us gamers have learned the hard lesson...

Ya, no "we gamers" haven't...

It isn't so much what the CEO said, it is what he did NOT say... He made zero mention of revamping the totally nonexistent AI, including the lacking NPC AI driving, the cop chase /stars system and also the AI of the NPC pedestrians and in general the true immersion of the game/city that was promised but never materialized...

There was zero mention of adding back content that was cut, nothing about adding back the train system, or the walk climbing, or dual welding or any number of dozens of features and functionalities that were promised in the numerous trailers but then suddenly abandoned and cut out at the very last minute in order to ship a broken and incomplete game under false pretenses just to pump up sales revenue for the holiday season....

He said as much as he could given the pending lawsuits, in my opinion.

So in essence, there will be a few bug fixes, but that's pretty much it.... you can tell by the tone of the CEO that in his mind the PC version is already pretty great and basically don't even need fixing, and the main focus will be on making the last gen consoles versions more playable...

Makes perfect sense given what has been said about the console versions, in my opinion.

What is most disheartening perhaps is towards the end of the video message the CEO is just brushing Cyberpunk aside and already on the verge of pimping to us the next new games/titles that CDPR has in the pipeline and in the works...

This has been common knowledge for awhile now and they are completely separate teams working on those other projects while the CP 2077 team works on.....CP 2077.

I for one will never again pre-order another game from CDPR, and most likely will never buy nor play another CDPR game ever again if their DLC ends up being just some more story telling missions and does nothing to fix the AI, to add back functionality that was in the trailer but cut out at last minute, or to make good on the immersion that was promised that would befit a city of this genre...

But if we are to take the CEO's own words at face value, there is no evidence that any of this will ever happen. The only thing he mentioned was bug fixes, primarily on the last gen consoles, and still refused to admit the PC version is also horribly broken in that its basically missing at least a full 1/3rds of the content/functionality/immersion that was cut out in order to rush the shipping date and also to load-shed the game enough to conform to the last gen consoles least common denominator...

Me thinks your best bet might be to just get a refund and move on. Just my opinion.
Oh and welcome to The No Pre-Order Club :) We welcome you.

It isn't about the money to me, I would gladly pay hundreds or thousands of bucks for a true NightCity that lived up to its full potential... but what we are hearing from the CEO today, is that they will do some bug fixes, push out a DLC with no mention of adding back cut functionality and content/ immersion, no mention of fixing AI, NPC, etc and basically just wrapping it up and now they already want to rinse and repeat and ready to sell us the NEXT game...

Seems to me that you completely missed the entire point of the video, in my opinion. Its main purpose, in my opinion, was to apologize for the mess and take responsibility for it. Not to respond to ever little complaint we have. I mean that first part of the video is kind of a huge deal. If you don't get that I don't know what to tell you.

I watched and listened carefully to the message the CDPR CEO broadcasted through the video today and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed and feel like its a hopeless situation, like this is the final end of the road for Cyberpunk.

Us gamers have learned the hard lesson that we shouldn't read between the lines and interject our own personal hopes and dreams into a game when the developer doesn't explicitly made such a promise in writing, even when its hinted and reasonably inferred or all but assumed, we have to stop short of letting our imagination run wild and we must go by what is actually stated...

It isn't so much what the CEO said, it is what he did NOT say... He made zero mention of revamping the totally nonexistent AI, including the lacking NPC AI driving, the cop chase /stars system and also the AI of the NPC pedestrians and in general the true immersion of the game/city that was promised but never materialized...

There was zero mention of adding back content that was cut, nothing about adding back the train system, or the walk climbing, or dual welding or any number of dozens of features and functionalities that were promised in the numerous trailers but then suddenly abandoned and cut out at the very last minute in order to ship a broken and incomplete game under false pretenses just to pump up sales revenue for the holiday season....

So in essence, there will be a few bug fixes, but that's pretty much it.... you can tell by the tone of the CEO that in his mind the PC version is already pretty great and basically don't even need fixing, and the main focus will be on making the last gen consoles versions more playable...

What is most disheartening perhaps is towards the end of the video message the CEO is just brushing Cyberpunk aside and already on the verge of pimping to us the next new games/titles that CDPR has in the pipeline and in the works...

I for one will never again pre-order another game from CDPR, and most likely will never buy nor play another CDPR game ever again if their DLC ends up being just some more story telling missions and does nothing to fix the AI, to add back functionality that was in the trailer but cut out at last minute, or to make good on the immersion that was promised that would befit a city of this genre...

But if we are to take the CEO's own words at face value, there is no evidence that any of this will ever happen. The only thing he mentioned was bug fixes, primarily on the last gen consoles, and still refused to admit the PC version is also horribly broken in that its basically missing at least a full 1/3rds of the content/functionality/immersion that was cut out in order to rush the shipping date and also to load-shed the game enough to conform to the last gen consoles least common denominator...

It isn't about the money to me, I would gladly pay hundreds or thousands of bucks for a true NightCity that lived up to its full potential... but what we are hearing from the CEO today, is that they will do some bug fixes, push out a DLC with no mention of adding back cut functionality and content/ immersion, no mention of fixing AI, NPC, etc and basically just wrapping it up and now they already want to rinse and repeat and ready to sell us the NEXT game...

Fool me once....

NO... JUST NO. NEVER AGAIN.

I believe you got caught in hype before, but your heads on straight here, he basically said the main focus for the next year is bug fixes, primarily for old Gen systems. Free dlc is pushed until mid year, which means more substantial content is to be determined.

Oh well, wish they had decided not to release on old Gen, looks like fixing old Gen is going to eat a lot of resources. But, I like and appreciate the base game, so I guess I'll enjoy the base game, and hope the modders get really good at stuff

How do you know? On the roadmap - Improvements/Multiple Updates. We dont know whats exactly they planned, it could be for updating A.I. or others.
Have a Patience.

Didn't they say that the police system was part of the bug? Maybe they fixed the police in patch 1.1 or 1.2 as well.

I watched and listened carefully to the message the CDPR CEO broadcasted through the video today and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed and feel like its a hopeless situation, like this is the final end of the road for Cyberpunk.

Us gamers have learned the hard lesson that we shouldn't read between the lines and interject our own personal hopes and dreams into a game when the developer doesn't explicitly made such a promise in writing, even when its hinted and reasonably inferred or all but assumed, we have to stop short of letting our imagination run wild and we must go by what is actually stated...

Fool me once....

NO... JUST NO. NEVER AGAIN.

There is so much they promised right up to launch that just isn't in the game. Like "You can finish the game without doing the main story"
You absolutely cant though, sick of their lies.

There is so much they promised right up to launch that just isn't in the game. Like "You can finish the game without doing the main story"
You absolutely cant though, sick of their lies.

I don't even know what that means.

I presume they mean killing yourself as an option to end the game early but by definition, finishing the game means you've done the story unless it's a joke ending like the ones in Far Cry.

wouldn't panam and judy technically be part of the ops point about romances??...
Well. People basically say that the romances make the game the best thing like sliced bread.

They are only concerned about their ingame sexy time.
Post automatically merged:

Did you read the roadmap? It says 'Multiple updates and Improvements'
He however only mentioned stability, performance and bugs as problems.
Especially on consoles

Guest 4375874

People on Twitter and Facebook only seem care about penams backside and Judy.

When did we lose the ability to critically think about mechaniks and narrative?
LOL I know right. I'm glad to see the devs aren't making a dating sim their priority. That's what the majority of these posts are about, no insight or vision for continuity or storytelling. My only hope is that the community gets cleaned up over the next few months so that ppl can have practical discussions about their hope for future content

I think there's a sense that the forums can warp the minds of posters as they start to think what they see as the problem of the game is what everyone else sees. The bugs have been the big issue since the beginning that has cost investors billions of dollars and had the game removed from the largest money-making platform there is. It endangers them as a company and also potentially ruins the game.

The game as is, is how it was written and no one at CD Projekt Red is concerned about romances or endings. I mean, it's possible, Mass Effect 3 is the biggest example and there was Fallout 3 before it but the financial burden as well as their survival as a company depends on the game being playable.

They can't and shouldn't think of any story content until this is rectified.

To make an analogy, "You may hate the car's color but make sure the thing runs before we paint it."

Maybe after they fix the console's problems we'll hear out about the missing content and etc.

That's how I think they should prioritize it. I predict we will get things like barber shops, New Game+, and improved AI for cops, but I also think that the game is substantially what they wanted out in the first place.

Guest 4375874

It's a little worrying that CPDR's stance seems to be the problem is bugs and performance on PS4/XB1 with no mention of the shallow/incomplete stories/romances, the clumsy illusion of choice, the enormous amount of missing promised content, or just shallow/missing basic RPG elements that we'd expect in any game.
From what you've said the only conclusion I can come to is you didn't enjoy the devs story. That's unfortunate but rather than them changing it to satisfy you and a minority, it seems much more feasible to provide the majority who enjoyed it with the updates and additional content.

Can anyone explain to me exactly what 'RPG' aspects are missing in CP2077 that The Witcher 3 had? The Witcher 1 was a vastly superior RPG to both of them but I'm seeing this game compared to The Witcher 3 a ton and having played both I can confidently say that they are similar in linearity and CP2077 is VASTLY superior in terms of quest structure and detail. I.E breaking into the ripperdoc in Jig-Jig street, there's 6 different ways in and each one shows you something different.

I do agree that overall your control on the actual narrative at it's core is weak/non-existent but that's the exact same in The Witcher 3.

Like genuinely I want to know what The Witcher 3 does better.

You have to look at the video from a legal point of view that there are lawsuits pending and those lawsuits are basically targeted at the functionality of the game of current gen platforms.

From what you've said the only conclusion I can come to is you didn't enjoy the devs story. That's unfortunate but rather than them changing it to satisfy you and a minority, it seems much more feasible to provide the majority who enjoyed it with the updates and additional content.

I'm more surprised by the, "They keep talking about the Bugs and Glitches! Who cares!"

I'm like, "I dunno, the people who lost a billion dollars of their stock value?"

Like genuinely I want to know what The Witcher 3 does better.

Geralt usually has multiple ways to respond to people, all variations on being an asshole but distinct.

V only has, "Ask question" "Accept Quest" and maybe "Lifepath option."

Geralt usually has multiple ways to respond to people, all variations on being an asshole but distinct.

There's hundreds of skill checks in dialogue though, and they all add something to the narrative. Either way dialogue options are window dressing but CP2077 isn't lacking in that. You can be a raging dickhead in Cyberpunk, started a Corpo playthrough a few days ago and you can literally get into an argument with Judy when looking for Evelyn and she threatens to call the Mox onto you lol. That interaction being like that, effects the whole questline up until you find Evelyn. It even removes optional objectives to keep Judy updated, but you can update her through the phone anyway and she'll be shocked that you helped her. Most quests have things like that in them, although I will admit the previews of what you can say can be misleading sometimes.

I'm more surprised by the, "They keep talking about the Bugs and Glitches! Who cares!"

I'm like, "I dunno, the people who lost a billion dollars of their stock value?"

In Witcher 3 I felt my decisions mattered.
I could help and crown the next monarch of Skellige.
I could also be supportive of these characters or not.

Of which there is a cinematic consequence to my decision like throwing the baby in the oven or not.

There are dozens of examples like this.
I never got this impression with CP2077 unless we are talking about the Demo quest.
And all the consequences of that quest honestly did not have as much of a satisfying conclusions as the Witcher did.

Top Bottom