A little worrying

+
I've read different things, about the cut content, but how do we know what was really cut and what was never ingame? Are these just things like a subway or car customization, or is there really an evidenz that they cut some things of the main story? Perhaps some of these things are always planned for the DLC's

I suppose it depends on when you define content as planned or actually cut. DEUS EX: MANKIND DIVIDED wanted to have a DLC at the start of the game so they literally extricated a vital plot mission from the story (the game is about investigating a terrorist attack, they removed the mission about you finding out who carried it out) then presented it as free DLC. That's certainly cut content as it was in the game and removed.

However, obviously you can plan any number of things that might be unfeasible or things you just decided not to include.

I think it's just not important for them to discuss this right now. We will see what we will get in the patches and the free DLC's. 3 DLC's for free in a very short time? Perhaps they listen to us.
Did they say something about it in the past, how many paid DLC they plan to release?
I wish it was important for them because that information is literally the only reason why I'm sticking around.
Bugs/performance will be obviously ironed out. There is no doubt about that if they wanna keep looking like a competent studio.
But after that, what? The game has no longevity in it's current state. And free cars and leather jackets in dlcs won't change that either.

i dont get your point
the end is writen in stone... period
ofc there had to be retcons...
every damn game dose that
its the illusion of choice
you dont have any

PnP is as interactiv as it can get...
and let me tell you a DM secret
it dosnt matter what the Players do...
in the end they do what i whant them to do

if i gave them 2+X choices of doors to choose...
they can open any of them
guess what..
behind the door is what i whant it to be... dosnt matter what they choose (if it fits ofc)

a very popular adventure is the Curse of Strahd
you lay down Taroka cards for the players..
they decide the fate..
the players can do what they whant...
but nothing can change that fate

and choose to belive...
yeah ofc i do choose what ending i like most

witcher 3 had 3 endings..
ofc i didnt choose the death of Ciri to be the real ending

p.s.
plot holes and such
think of the Hobbit.
why didnt they use the Eagles to begin with...
they could have done a 20min movie/short book

also you should read maybe this post... theres so much detail to explore

I have the same concern (in fact, had it since their first apologies). When you see them talking about Last gen constantly and even saying that they're proud of the PC version.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there's definitely things to be proud of when it stands to the PC/Next gen versions of the game but there's also a lot to be ashamed of. It's unacceptable to release a game in that state of unfinished with the number of bugs and IA flaws that are plaguing the experience.

I just hope that they're aware of it and are working on improving those too, so everyone's happy in the end and not just Last gen console's owners.

Last edited:
Could be they are being careful what they promise (smart move after this mess) and are indeed planning on fixing more than bugs and minor things, or they really don't see anything wrong with the game and it will not see major changes.
My bet is on the latter but I would like to be pleasantly surprised. Time will tell.

Could be they are being careful what they promise (smart move after this mess) and are indeed planning on fixing more than bugs and minor things, or they really don't see anything wrong with the game and it will not see major changes.
My bet is on the latter but I would like to be pleasantly surprised. Time will tell.

They can't share specific details. Everyone has thrown a tantrum and now they're being watched closely by regulation authorities and legal entities. So anything they share and communicate at this point in time is likely scripted and reviewed by their legal team to ensure they do not "commit" to anything unachievable.

So this whole situation that some of us, the players, have created is now biting us back. All the details we'll get at this point are going to be fairly vague.

They can't share specific details. Everyone has thrown a tantrum and now they're being watched closely by regulation authorities and legal entities. So anything they share and communicate at this point in time is likely scripted and reviewed by their legal team to ensure they do not "commit" to anything unachievable.

So this whole situation that some of us, the players, have created is now biting us back. All the details we'll get at this point are going to be fairly vague.
I would say that it's a situation they created for themselves. The consumer can and will voice their dissatisfaction with a product that is unsatisfying. It's in their right. But I agree with what you're saying.

I do not wanna be rude with CDP but it's clear since their first apology they will fix bugs and stop.
This video is just redundant of what we already knew with almost the same justifications, and it has been made for sure under suggestions by some lawyers: if you see carefully it is all vague, there is not a clear roadmap and clear understanding of fixes at all.

So to bring some peace, we know they will fix bugs and current gen to make the game appear to the psstore again, then move on.

leather jackets in dlcs won't change that either.

Leather outfit you'll soon have to change for newly found metallic pink panties with better stats than heavy advanced tactical platecarrier. Lol. or maybe you'll get a new hat that magicaly grows hair in the back of your bald or high-cut head. This game... is such a dissapointment....

there is not a clear roadmap and clear understanding of fixes at all.

There is a roadmap.

It's outlining a timeframe for events. That's what a roadmap does. They're concentrating on bug fixes and performance issues first and foremost with Patches 1.1 & 1.2, then afterwards they're working on further updates, coupled with improvements (QoL presumably), as well as the planned DLC and the next-gen console update.

There is a roadmap.

It's outlining a timeframe for events. That's what a roadmap does. They're concentrating on bug fixes and performance issues first and foremost with Patches 1.1 & 1.2, then afterwards they're working on further updates, coupled with improvements (QoL presumably), as well as the planned DLC and the next-gen console update.
Roadmap: "We will work on stuff."

From what you've said the only conclusion I can come to is you didn't enjoy the devs story. That's unfortunate but rather than them changing it to satisfy you and a minority, it seems much more feasible to provide the majority who enjoyed it with the updates and additional content.
You would be incorrect in your conclusion. There is an enormous amount of missing or shallow content that has nothing to do with the story. And while I did enjoy the story, in the context of an open-world RPG I did not appreciate the way it was implemented.
Post automatically merged:

I'm more surprised by the, "They keep talking about the Bugs and Glitches! Who cares!"

I'm like, "I dunno, the people who lost a billion dollars of their stock value?"
No one (or at least I haven't) said they don't care about the bugs. My reasonable (I'd thought) point was that in talking about the problems with CP2077 he only referenced bugs and performance on legacy consoles which is worrying if you wanted to hear other problems addressed.

I'm lost. Fixes seem more important to me, at this time. Why add story right now if a portion of players will not even be able to experience it properly?

Burying broken code under new code does not make for good games.
I have no problem with the focus on fixing bugs and performance on legacy consoles. My concern it the other problems with the game didn't get mentioned or even acknowledged as existing.

what about waiting till end of January (guess) to see what patch 1.1 will contain, and then make conclusions???
My point is simply that it is a little worrying if you're hoping they'll take action on certain things if they don't mention those things as being problems they're working on addressing.

Last edited:
No to be a devils advocate but they were/are in the “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” kind of situation (to emphasized on their own making).
There was no easy rights or wrongs. Go silent and this will be bad, say something - but how much is this something.

I think that roadmap says that there will be multiple updates, improvement and free dlc so we can assume, that this means missing content that games should have and due to lack of time was cut off (because it was causing engine instability).

We do have any more to do than just wait.

On the other hand I’m even glad that there was not into about what will be in those dlc.

We heard so much before lunch that now I will be really pleased if this game will “disappoint positivity”.
After all expectations are premeditated resentments

Last edited:
Agreed - only time will tell what the plan is and how much they’ve been listening.

im glad they released a statement. Always better than silence and at least addresses the serious nature of what’s happening.

now it’s just a waiting game.

a hallow apology like all the big buisnesess do when they fuck up is not communication

It's a little worrying that CPDR's stance seems to be the problem is bugs and performance on PS4/XB1 with no mention of the shallow/incomplete stories/romances, the clumsy illusion of choice, the enormous amount of missing promised content, or just shallow/missing basic RPG elements that we'd expect in any game.

Worrying is the wrong word.

It is, however, basically clear that those hoping for any sort of revamp will be disappointed. Beyond the bugs, CP2077 is what was - at the end of development - intended. There will be more of the same.

Expectations are already spiraling out of control again. I feel a bit sorry for those who are setting themselves up for going through the same process twice. CDPR should be much clearer about what to expect. If not, even good additions will upset people even more, as they can not fulfill what will simply not come: a completely reworked base game. Zero chance for that happening. The bug free version of CP2077 is according to that video what they wanted.

Top Bottom