A little worrying

+
I wonder if the fact that we have to wait for a while longer for the dlc is a sign it might be something more substantial than just some clothes or a new car but who knows I'm not holding my breath for anything like trains being implemented or something like that but hopefully a few quality quests on par with dream on l.

I wonder if the fact that we have to wait for a while longer for the dlc is a sign it might be something more substantial than just some clothes or a new car but who knows I'm not holding my breath for anything like trains being implemented or something like that but hopefully a few quality quests on par with dream on l.
Probably. Or the fact that many are working from home, and studio access is limited. The game is huge and needs many fixes.

I agree with the OP, that is worrying, to me the worry came to how they stealth patched the censorship in regards to nudity, then having an employee tell people that it's working as intended.

I don't care about nudity, yet let's be real they did a bait and switch with the genital features. At the very least say something about it publicly not just on the forums. "Is it a big deal."

CDPR used it as MARKETING.

They beating around the bush on a lot of the main issues, pretending that they are proud of the PC release, come on now, we need to start being real and stop bullsh!tting and call it like it is. It's damn shame, literally people who're defending it at this point are shoving their heads in the sand with their ass in the air getting screwed with no vaseline.

Two things can be true, you can enjoy the game, yet you also didn't get what was marketed to you and if you didn't catch the marketing you didn't for a fact get a complete game, try to spin it you can't, why? Without being ignorant, tell me what that montage that skips us to be streetkid V is? Hmm? Exactly and that's just a small example out of M A N Y

With all that said, can they turn things around? Sure they can, it's possible, yet let's be real I can't dumb myself down because they apologized, I have to see their actions and see if they can man/woman up and own up to their marketing faults and lack in consistency of game features and quality.

P.S - If anybody wants to still defend the facts that they mislead through their marketing and that the expectations didn't come out of thin air, do me a favor and click "M A N Y" (If it posts near end, click the beginning and watch) above, thanks.

Last edited:
Well, he did say that the PC version, despite having some issues, is a game they are very proud of. So there you are.

Common are people so naive to think the company would state that their product is "unfinished" or something of that nature when such words could be used afterwards in court. Painting the console version as an unfortunate misnomer with and the QA testing part as something beyond their control is their best chance in court.

It's a little worrying that CPDR's stance seems to be the problem is bugs and performance on PS4/XB1 with no mention of the shallow/incomplete stories/romances, the clumsy illusion of choice, the enormous amount of missing promised content, or just shallow/missing basic RPG elements that we'd expect in any game.
The bit in the video where he said they were proud of the pc version broke my heart. The story and quests are staying as they are.
Bearing in mind I enjoyed the game and it ran really well for me on PC. But I'm let down by he whole lack of choice/consequences and clearly cut missions etc
Post automatically merged:

I watched and listened carefully to the message the CDPR CEO broadcasted through the video today and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed and feel like its a hopeless situation, like this is the final end of the road for Cyberpunk.

Us gamers have learned the hard lesson that we shouldn't read between the lines and interject our own personal hopes and dreams into a game when the developer doesn't explicitly made such a promise in writing, even when its hinted and reasonably inferred or all but assumed, we have to stop short of letting our imagination run wild and we must go by what is actually stated...

It isn't so much what the CEO said, it is what he did NOT say... He made zero mention of revamping the totally nonexistent AI, including the lacking NPC AI driving, the cop chase /stars system and also the AI of the NPC pedestrians and in general the true immersion of the game/city that was promised but never materialized...

There was zero mention of adding back content that was cut, nothing about adding back the train system, or the walk climbing, or dual welding or any number of dozens of features and functionalities that were promised in the numerous trailers but then suddenly abandoned and cut out at the very last minute in order to ship a broken and incomplete game under false pretenses just to pump up sales revenue for the holiday season....

So in essence, there will be a few bug fixes, but that's pretty much it.... you can tell by the tone of the CEO that in his mind the PC version is already pretty great and basically don't even need fixing, and the main focus will be on making the last gen consoles versions more playable...

What is most disheartening perhaps is towards the end of the video message the CEO is just brushing Cyberpunk aside and already on the verge of pimping to us the next new games/titles that CDPR has in the pipeline and in the works...

I for one will never again pre-order another game from CDPR, and most likely will never buy nor play another CDPR game ever again if their DLC ends up being just some more story telling missions and does nothing to fix the AI, to add back functionality that was in the trailer but cut out at last minute, or to make good on the immersion that was promised that would befit a city of this genre...

But if we are to take the CEO's own words at face value, there is no evidence that any of this will ever happen. The only thing he mentioned was bug fixes, primarily on the last gen consoles, and still refused to admit the PC version is also horribly broken in that its basically missing at least a full 1/3rds of the content/functionality/immersion that was cut out in order to rush the shipping date and also to load-shed the game enough to conform to the last gen consoles least common denominator...

It isn't about the money to me, I would gladly pay hundreds or thousands of bucks for a true NightCity that lived up to its full potential... but what we are hearing from the CEO today, is that they will do some bug fixes, push out a DLC with no mention of adding back cut functionality and content/ immersion, no mention of fixing AI, NPC, etc and basically just wrapping it up and now they already want to rinse and repeat and ready to sell us the NEXT game...

Fool me once....

NO... JUST NO. NEVER AGAIN.
I keep seeing people mention like a monorail and being annoyed it was cut. I'm glad it's not in there, I don't want to watch a train ride. People would be annoyed if you were forced to watch the ride, and if you could skip it then what is the point of having them anyway.

We need the prologues back, we need the branching story lines with choices and consequences.

Last edited:
The problem with this part is that in this game the epilogue is full of plot twists and revelations.

So by your very definition, the epilogue is not really an epilogue.

not really what I meant. The epilogue is often part of another story. Thats why its called an epilogue epi=after/outside log=log/story.

The main conflict of this story is, person has to fight through a cyberpunk world set against them to survive(from a brain eating ghost of the past) the next few weeks. The climax is them defeating their enemies and choosing to survive in the way they sees fit. All the stuff about what happens after that is an epilogue, or the beginning of another story with another conflict(sometimes epilogues have no conflict). Some people don't like epilogues, or prefer that epilogues be really small, or not lead into another conflict, but thats just a choice, its not inherently bad writing.

in this case the story is variable, so the climax/story actually moved depending on your choices. Suicide ending for example, the climax is on the rooftop. The Arasaka ending the climax is actually not the Johnny part, but rather the hospital choice. The Pan em, king of the city, and Johnny the climax is the networld Johnny choice.

The Arasaka one is the only one that doesn't really have an epilogue (other than credits convos i guess)
The point of the epilogues is to give the player some idea what happened after the story. For some of those choices, their story goes on to another story.

i will say the arasaka ending is anti climactic, but that is a bit unavoidable, since the arasaka ending rejects the Johnny arc as being the main focus of the story.

1) Bugs must be priority and I don't think he only meant consoles
2] The rest... I see no reason to change perfectly good romances/story/endings...
Hopfully the balance will improve but I would not expect them change loot/shoot game system (though I would wish) as well as adding more impactfull choices to currently implemented stories (defiently nto at big scale).

"The industry leader in creating role-playing games."

Meanwhile a niche anime RPG like SAO Hollow Realization allows you to switch between 3rd person and 1st person view and take any NPCs you befriend with you (and I mean literally almost any NPC that roams the world).

Just uninstall the game and move on. Their silence is as good an answer as any.

The game has been revealed to be a first person game for like 2 years. Taking companions with you has nothing to do with the quality of a game. If those things were important to you, why were you interested in this game?

Agreed. I know they'll fix the bugs, but they have made no mention of the core gameplay issues
Bugs and glitches can always be fixed. But if the core of a game is broken that's a lot harder if not impossible to fix. Rare exceptions happen of course, No Mans Sky being an example referenced here several times. But they'd be doing so at no or negative profit. If they can address the gameplay issues with Expansions or DLC that could work better. But the base game will always be flawed if it's never overhauled.

"The industry leader in creating role-playing games."

Meanwhile a niche anime RPG like SAO Hollow Realization allows you to switch between 3rd person and 1st person view and take any NPCs you befriend with you (and I mean literally almost any NPC that roams the world).

Just uninstall the game and move on. Their silence is as good an answer as any.

We've known for years that the game would be 1st person only. I'm dumbfounded at the amount of people that are still complaining about the lack of 3rd person. :rolleyes:

We've known for years that the game would be 1st person only. I'm dumbfounded at the amount of people that are still complaining about the lack of 3rd person. :rolleyes:
Funny thing is there is a 3rd person mod available on PC for those that wanted it to be that way. Console players are SOL with mods though.

Funny thing is there is a 3rd person mod available on PC for those that wanted it to be that way. Console players are SOL with mods though.

no, I really feel media is responsible for a lot of issues here. They create clickbait articles/posts based on half truths and guesses and people present that to other people, and people think its truth.

There is a mod that moves the camera, this can only be considered a third person mod if you consider buggy glitchy disconnected polygons a third person view. If this was somehow added to most console player's options they would be more angry than happy.

no, I really feel media is responsible for a lot of issues here. They create clickbait articles/posts based on half truths and guesses and people present that to other people, and people think its truth.

There is a mod that moves the camera, this can only be considered a third person mod if you consider buggy glitchy disconnected polygons a third person view. If this was somehow added to most console player's options they would be more angry than happy.
There was a Reddit post that lied about all this stuff that would be added by July of 2021. It was mostly guesswork or straight up lies. CDPR even responded to it. Some of you will lie to yourselves and others without "the media" lying to you. Now did CDPR engage in half-truths and remove content? Yes absolutely.

I'm one of the many people who argued about that reveal. But considering how they avoided active player character reflections and how the shadow casted on surfaces looks it's pretty clear they didn't want to put in the extra effort to make the bones of player model behave normally at all times.

But that's besides my point. You can't claim to be the leader of RPGs when low budget anime games do the RPG better than you. And you guys hate it when some of us compare aspects of this game with GTAV but even the role playing aspects are piss poor.

If mo-capped segments with nice graphics do it for you then I guess it's the best game ever. But otherwise it does nothing exceptionally better.

I'm one of the many people who argued about that reveal. But considering how they avoided active player character reflections and how the shadow casted on surfaces looks it's pretty clear they didn't want to put in the extra effort to make the bones of player model behave normally at all times.

But that's besides my point. You can't claim to be the leader of RPGs when low budget anime games do the RPG better than you. And you guys hate it when some of us compare aspects of this game with GTAV but even the role playing aspects are piss poor.

If mo-capped segments with nice graphics do it for you then I guess it's the best game ever. But otherwise it does nothing exceptionally better.

So if the game has nothing to offer... what are you doing here?

why do you think third person animations are related to what an RPG should be? RPG is a big category, different games do it differently. Some thing an RPG should adapt to the player, others thing an RPG us where the player assumes a role in the world. Some think first person is more immersive and better others think 3rd person is.

The question is why a game that clearly presented as a narrative focused 1st person rpg, Is being judged on how well it does 3rd person sandbox rpging.

It's a little worrying that CPDR's stance seems to be the problem is bugs and performance on PS4/XB1 with no mention of the shallow/incomplete stories/romances, the clumsy illusion of choice, the enormous amount of missing promised content, or just shallow/missing basic RPG elements that we'd expect in any game.
There are many problems but the console bugs are the priority.

As a PC player i'm sad, but they have to get base consoles in working order first.

The question is why a game that clearly presented as a narrative focused 1st person rpg, Is being judged on how well it does 3rd person sandbox rpging.

More like, it's criticized on how it doesn't do that at all when it really feels like it should. Shaming the missed potential and opportunities, basically.

Top Bottom