A little worrying

+
There are many problems but the console bugs are the priority.

As a PC player i'm sad, but they have to get base consoles in working order first.
Sure but to be clear I'm not criticizing their priority in fixing things, I'm concerned when explaining what went wrong they only spoke about bugs and console performance.

I was expecting nothing different. The most problematic and urgent thing they have to fix is make the game work. As that was the most huge problematic leading to lawsuits and such. Got to say.....

I would love if cd projekt expanded the game to be more an rpg and less a looter shooter but is clearly early for that. For now they have to focus on the most pressant things and sadly cut content and the rest is not what matters now.

I hope in future they will.

I was expecting nothing different. The most problematic and urgent thing they have to fix is make the game work. As that was the most huge problematic leading to lawsuits and such. Got to say.....

I would love if cd projekt expanded the game to be more an rpg and less a looter shooter but is clearly early for that. For now they have to focus on the most pressant things and sadly cut content and the rest is not what matters now.

everyone using the word rpg should use other words because everyone has different definitions of what that means.
does rpg mean a longer narrative?

does it mean more character creation options?

does it mean more places to sit and eat and dance and do drugs

does it mean less main narrative and more optional side stories

does it mean exclusive decisions that cut off content (like lifepath only quests, or story beats you don't have access to based on your choices)

does it mean 3rd person camera

I have seen many people explain later that ______ is what rpg means, so on the off chance they are looking at feedback, you should be clear what you mean

It feels like people bought in too much in the video demonstrations while the game was still in development and likely to change in the subsequent release. I'm old, so I've experienced games that "promised" things like Spore, No Man's Sky, Street Fighter vs Tekken, Anthem, and Fallout 76 and it always, ALWAYS, best to assume nothing is set in stone no matter what anyone in the gaming industry promises. Shit changes from small to drastic measures during development even in the final days.

I hope consumers learn from this and learn to avoid pre-ordering unless you don't mind.

The only problem is... This is CDPR. Not Bethesda, not EA, not Bioware or a team with 10 people like No Man’s Sky

CDPR never gave us any reason to not trust them... quite the opposite.

You can see that a lot of people are hurt not because of state of the game but because we are seeing the death of another amazing game company

With CDPR joining Bethesda and Bioware in the DarkSide... Single Player RPG as we know could be facing extinction

Who is going to create another Witcher 3, Skyrim, New Vegas...?

Everything will be Live Service...

People wanted to trust that they were the last big dev that wasn’t corrupted.

However, I won’t deny that all red flags should have been raised when they announced the Multiplayer

Last edited:
Which pretty much confirms the worries this thread is concerned about. The lack of addressing anything beyond bug fixes and QoL changes means that we probably shouldn't hold our breath about added RPG elements.

The game is as-is for the most part. If you think they're going to radically alter quest lines etc, then you might as well reconcile yourself to the idea that that's simply not going to happen. What they will do is fix the bugs and improve overall performance, carry out some much-needed UI overhaul based on feedback, do some nip and tuck to sort out general 'annoyances' and polish up some of the rougher quests, but they're not going to fundamentally change the game.

You need to look at is the DLC coming during the Spring/Summer for anything substantive in terms of expanding the world (with new quests/Storyline) as well as a lot of the requested customisation features (like the ability to alter your hair and the look of Vehicles).

Anyone who's thinking they'll bring cut content back (especially from the prologue) or do a proper overhaul of the game systems is setting themselves for a disappointment, they cannot introduce "game braking" changes, which means that anything they fix or add cannot require anyone to start a new game and needs to work as a drop in at any point of the game from the beginning of act 1 (as in just after the heist when V wakes up in their apartment) and until the point of no return which anyone who has reached it has an automated PONR save just before it.

CDPR will not add any content that would require players to start a new game, this means that things like actual choice and impactful decisions aren't going to be somehow magically backported, they can make only very superficial changes to core systems without making your existing save files essentially useless basically a patch that changes the perk system and resets your perks on load is about as far as they can go and even that might be pushing it.

This is one of the big problems of fixing a game with so many problems after release, it's much harder not because you are forced to work on even tighter schedules because the game is already out but you have so many restrictions on what changes you can make and how to implement them because you have to allow people to pick up the game at the same point they left it which can be pretty much at any point.

Even if we ignore the difficulties of adding content to existing quests as it needs to be recorded in like 9 different languages and translated to even more, this means getting a lot of people some of which might be rather expensive into a studio.
You can't add content to the game which players have already played, that would not fly with neither Sony/MSFT nor with the players.
They can, Id have zero problems having to start over or having a big disclaimer saying my current save file won't work in the newer better version of the game. I believe everyone feels like that. Game deserves a re release actually... Also, maybe at some point they will have to introduce PC only updates.

They can, Id have zero problems having to start over or having a big disclaimer saying my current save file won't work in the newer better version of the game. I believe everyone feels like that. Game deserves a re release actually... Also, maybe at some point they will have to introduce PC only updates.
I know I'd have no problems if my saves didn't work after the updates if there was enough change to the game.

The only problem is... This is CDPR. Not Bethesda, not EA, not Bioware or a team with 10 people like No Man’s Sky

CDPR never gave us any reason to not trust them... quite the opposite.

You can see that a lot of people are hurt not because of state of the game but because we are seeing the death of another amazing game company

With CDPR joining Bethesda and Bioware in the DarkSide... Single Player RPG as we know could be facing extinction

Who is going to create another Witcher 3, Skyrim, New Vegas...?

Everything will be Live Service...
Maybe they should just do that: patch this version untill workable, and then work on a totally new enhanced edition for a re release in PC like they did with Witcher 1 and 2, night and day difference from the base game... would love to see they pulling a FFXIV on this. This setting, this game, deserves more. Much more.

Forget features, what type of gameplay did you expect to have? Like What was your vision if what you might do in a gameplay session? I'm legitimately curious
First, character creator. All body types and features should have been avalible to V. This creator is nothing compared to Saints Row 3/4's creator. A story that actually uses its characters correctly. T-Bug dies and is not cared about. Jackie dies in 3 missions. And the poor use of the life paths. If this was always the plan. Street kid should have been the sole one. They don't bother to have the endings be affected by your paths. And a lot of the story points play out as you where playing street kid. There's continuity issues with the other two. The gangs are nothing. This should have been a function of the map. From joining gangs. Taking over areas etc.

Guest 4375874

First, character creator. All body types and features should have been avalible to V. This creator is nothing compared to Saints Row 3/4's creator. A story that actually uses its characters correctly. T-Bug dies and is not cared about. Jackie dies in 3 missions. And the poor use of the life paths. If this was always the plan. Street kid should have been the sole one. They don't bother to have the endings be affected by your paths. And a lot of the story points play out as you where playing street kid. There's continuity issues with the other two. The gangs are nothing. This should have been a function of the map. From joining gangs. Taking over areas etc.
Don't want to take over areas, this isn't a sandbox Saints Row game and I wouldn't be playing it if it was. It's ok to not like the story but turning it into a completely different game that isn't cyberpunk at all makes no sense. It simply means you don't like this kind of story and that's fine.
Post automatically merged:

I'm curious what you mean? It's a role playing game, the weapon used in the game doesn't dictate whether it's RPG or not so not sure what you meant by more RPG? If it's more customization then that's debatable. Witcher 3 didn't have that and it is an RPG regardless.

Don't want to take over areas, this isn't a sandbox Saints Row game and I wouldn't be playing it if it was. It's ok to not like the story but turning it into a completely different game that isn't cyberpunk at all makes no sense. It simply means you don't like this kind of story and that's fine.

I'm curious what you mean? It's a role playing game, the weapon used in the game doesn't dictate whether it's RPG or not so not sure what you meant by more RPG? If it's more customization then that's debatable. Witcher 3 didn't have that and it is an RPG regardless.
No. They lied about their "extensive" Character creator.

I am not finding it worrying at all.

I suspect that the development team is working on series of fixes and UI improvements as well as "as many" minor new features which should be somewhat easy to implement (hairstyle, make up, etc parlors, couple of new vehicles, weapons, mods, etc) which can pass as "new content". That being said, CDPR already got burned by over-hyping the game to astronomical levels, thus they would not share what exactly are they cooking since it may not be complete for the "next" patch/update. And in this case it is preferable for their reputation to deliver something with no announcements than to announce metric ton of features and under deliver (which was the case with the game itself).

What i would say is that, even though its a bit annoying, we wait.
We got an answer from CDPR, now is the time for them to show instead of talk and we have to wait and see. Thats all we can do now.

But i agree overall, we need cut content back and improvement of the base game overall.

Ok, I see what you are looking for, But I think its just a matter of what they were offering was not your cup of tea.

The char creator is actually really good, if you are limiting yourself to one body type. I personally would rather have used different body types, but I just accepted they didnt want to do the extra work more bodytypes create, like more clothes, and probably clipping in first person scenes.

I also realized that the lifepaths should probably have stayed being called origins, because thats mostly their purpose, they are a background facet of the V character, V kinda is a certain type of person. Whether they have a street background, corpo, or nomad, they are a still generally street smart tough mercs. Its interesting because you can decide what type decisions V makes but you can't choose their mannerisms, speaking style, etc. In a tabletop rpg this serves a similar purpose. I think this facet of V was impossible to get around due to choosing to go with fully voiced.

but yeah I see what you wanted, but I think based on what they released early, it was unlikely to be the case.

Basically V is tough street merc with an athletic slim build who was involved in certain events, and the player can fill out the rest of the details.

rofl
its one of the best char creators around...
you can even play a transgender if you so pleased...
and the hair dosnt look like it was created by 5 year olds like in most other games

if you wanna play a game with crazy shit creator go and play ARC/Atlas

its good if you are limited to a certain body type, and height. But for many people those are big limitations.

They cannot, besides the fact it's a terrible design choice in principal, you formally cannot do that at least on the Sony PlayStation as it violates Sony's release policies, I can dig up the terms for the Xbox but I can guarantee that it would be the same.

Top Bottom