A look into the future: "Cyberpunk 2077 Enhanced Edition"

+
There's no confusion with this. There is no Cyberpunk 2077 Enhanced Edition. As you state, the Next-Gen Update is a patch. It will be included in (or as a default downloadable option for) the purchase of either TW3 or CP2077. It's similar to the "Hi-Res Texture Packs" that have been released for other games in the past, although more than just textures have been addressed in the Next-Gen Updates.
Ah, but you do seem confused - the topic here isn't about the Next Gen patch, but about a theoretical Enhanced Edition announcement. More to the point, OP seems to be making a prediction that CDPR would delay the Next Gen patch and in fact just turn it into an Enhanced Edition. Seems unlikely to me that the 2 would be related, if CDPR do end up making an Enhanced Edition or such down the line. But I can see how the game might benefit from an Enhanced Edition, though I personally think it has deeper issues than such an Edition could hope to solve - would be happy to be proven wrong, however.

But yes, there is no Enhanced Edition announced, I don't think anybody is under such an illusion.

Last edited:
Ah, but you do seem confused - the topic here isn't about the Next Gen patch, but about a theoretical Enhanced Edition announcement.
Oh -- sorry! You're right -- I though this was simply calling the Next-Gen Update and "Enhanced Edition".

In that regard, the future is unwritten. I would guess, however, with all of the work being put into the Next-Gen patch itself, it's pretty unlikely that CDPR would turn around and start working on a completely new build of TW3 altogether. For Cyberpunk, who knows? Have to finish the base edition and expansions before any sort of "Enhanced Edition" can even be considered.

My prediction:

A patch arrives in February, this corrects some legacy issues and bugs that 1.31 brought, but breaks something else. Everyone is too busy with Forbidden West and Elden Ring, etc. to give it much notice.

Next-gen version delayed further.

Complete radio silence in general, also regarding free DLCs and expansions.

Q4 they announce that after much consideration, forthcoming expansions will not be made available for older consoles.

Prove me wrong, guys.
Npc needs better pathfinding
Post automatically merged:

CDPR have now silently, by posting a picture, announced that the next-gen upgrade will be coming in Q1 2022.
And I'm calling it: It won't. In May 2022 Marcin Iwinski will step in front of some cameras and tell us this:

"We are deeply sorry for making you wait so long and not communicate more. AT CDPR, we are in our heart still a small company and Cyberpunk 2077 is our biggest project yet. We wanted the best for you and in trying to deliver it, we almost broke the company and the people who work very hard for us and for you.
These people have been working relentlessly to make the game of our and your dreams, and it's taking more time than anyone of us could have predicted. It's very hard to change a running system patch by patch. And therefore we have made the decision to make a brand new version of CP2077 which will have changes to the AI, a better designed character system, flawless next-gen graphics, more player-driven narrative choices and even more which we will talk about in the coming months.

This will of course take time, but it will still be way shorter to make everything from scratch than to patch small things on the fly. So we cannot announce a release date yet, but to get back to the start of our journey to Night City; Cyberpunk 2077 Enhanced Edition: Coming when it's ready!

In the meantime, we thank you for your continued support!"

Oh, and by the way, after some people will ask: What about the PS4 version, they will say: The game is functioning in it's actual state. We cannot make announcements about upgrades for older systems at the time...

– – – – – –

You don't need to say anything. I'll remind you all of this post in May 2022. In the meantime: CDPR, if you need a new marketing representative, consider this post my application.
Well this little fanfiction was way off the mark.

Top Bottom