A lot of stuttering when looking around, but not while running.

+
When i'm running straight forward the game runs just fine.
I'm running a 5950X and a 6900XT with PCI-E 4.0 NVME drives and 64 GB of 4600 Mhz RAM.
Getting ~120 FPS on 1440P, so that's not the issue.

As soon as i look around me, the game freezes.
But like this since it released, and i've since swapped basically every component in my PC. No other games behave like this. Tried both Win 10 and Win 11.

Here's a video of what it looks like.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Very weird and for sure, it's not a particularly "greedy" area...
So make sure that you have try all of these steps and if it's not already done, send a ticket to the support for help (Contact Us button).
Maybe adding a DxDiag could be usefull too.

When i'm running straight forward the game runs just fine.
I'm running a 5950X and a 6900XT with PCI-E 4.0 NVME drives and 64 GB of 4600 Mhz RAM.
Getting ~120 FPS on 1440P, so that's not the issue.

As soon as i look around me, the game freezes.
But like this since it released, and i've since swapped basically every component in my PC. No other games behave like this. Tried both Win 10 and Win 11.

Here's a video of what it looks like.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
- Are there mods running in the game?
- Are your graphics drivers up to date?
- Does it also happen when you lower the graphics settings and or FPS ratings?
- There are no unnecessary processes running in the background during gameplay? Try disabling any program with a "High" startup impact.
- Is the storage the game runs on almost full? Try to free up some space by selecting "Clean storage" in "Properties".

Optimize your system
"If your system is running slower because of clutter like browser caches and temporary files, this will greatly negatively impact the speed at which games and other apps will be running. Fixing this is extremely easy if you’re using the right optimization software, enabling you peace of mind that no useful files have been removed or changed." (A Windows & Software expert)

Consider to file a bug-report to Support with the video, if there are no mods involved. Can use the link below.

Forum regular
check if you have the latest adrenaline version, install ryzen master and press ctrl + shift + o to see overlay with hardware stats, maybe should be better to set somewhere in adrelaline software refresh stats to less than 2 seconds whats default value.

try to set maximum fps to 60. Just for test if the shuttering persist.

Very weird and for sure, it's not a particularly "greedy" area...
So make sure that you have try all of these steps and if it's not already done, send a ticket to the support for help (Contact Us button).
Maybe adding a DxDiag could be usefull too.
Will do. Yeah, it's like this throughout the entire game and not just in less taxing areas.
- Are there mods running in the game?
- Are your graphics drivers up to date?
- Does it also happen when you lower the graphics settings and or FPS ratings?
- There are no unnecessary processes running in the background during gameplay? Try disabling any program with a "High" startup impact.
- Is the storage the game runs on almost full? Try to free up some space by selecting "Clean storage" in "Properties".

Optimize your system
"If your system is running slower because of clutter like browser caches and temporary files, this will greatly negatively impact the speed at which games and other apps will be running. Fixing this is extremely easy if you’re using the right optimization software, enabling you peace of mind that no useful files have been removed or changed." (A Windows & Software expert)

Consider to file a bug-report to Support with the video, if there are no mods involved. Can use the link below.

No mods, all drivers up to date, it's like this on a completely clean install of Windows. Storage is fine. 3.5 TB free out of 4 TB on the drive.
Thing is. This is the only game that i have any issues with at all. And i can run in a straight line for minutes without any lag. It's just when i look around/turn.
The system is 100% not the issue. I've got the best parts available. I couldn't upgrade even if i wanted to. I've replaced my whole computer since Cyberpunk released except the Chassi. Had the same issue before as well.
check if you have the latest adrenaline version, install ryzen master and press ctrl + shift + o to see overlay with hardware stats, maybe should be better to set somewhere in adrelaline software refresh stats to less than 2 seconds whats default value.

try to set maximum fps to 60. Just for test if the shuttering persist.
It lags even if i run on a low resolution with low settings. All temps are fine. CPU+GPU are water-cooled and below 60C. The ram + NVME are <40C.
It lags even if i set the FPS at 60. Tried at least 10 different drivers. Same issue across them all.

Found this thread from the Witcher side of the forum: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...e-rate-stuttering-when-looking-around.105963/
The fix for him was to disable the overlay. Unfortunately it did not fix my problem.
Got me thinking though. I'm going to try and disable all windows gamebars, overlays and other crap they sneakily run in the background even if you disable them. Will report back with my findings.

Will do. Yeah, it's like this throughout the entire game and not just in less taxing areas.

No mods, all drivers up to date, it's like this on a completely clean install of Windows. Storage is fine. 3.5 TB free out of 4 TB on the drive.
Thing is. This is the only game that i have any issues with at all. And i can run in a straight line for minutes without any lag. It's just when i look around/turn.
The system is 100% not the issue. I've got the best parts available. I couldn't upgrade even if i wanted to. I've replaced my whole computer since Cyberpunk released except the Chassi. Had the same issue before as well.

It lags even if i run on a low resolution with low settings. All temps are fine. CPU+GPU are water-cooled and below 60C. The ram + NVME are <40C.
It lags even if i set the FPS at 60. Tried at least 10 different drivers. Same issue across them all.

Found this thread from the Witcher side of the forum: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...e-rate-stuttering-when-looking-around.105963/
The fix for him was to disable the overlay. Unfortunately it did not fix my problem.
Got me thinking though. I'm going to try and disable all windows gamebars, overlays and other crap they sneakily run in the background even if you disable them. Will report back with my findings.
- You have VSync on? Switch it off just to see. If it's off, switch it on just to see.
- Are you playing on Fullscreen? Try Windowed Borderless mode just to see.

Forum regular

yep, i think you are on the right way. Dont you have mobo from asus ROG? they had some "gaming" utility (i dont remember the name) that could vizualize the direction of the incoming sound. i never used it but it was installed in the system together with drivers. something like that could do it. its bullshit that game waiting for hardware when youre looking around. but it may wait for response from software like this and it makes the lags

yep, i think you are on the right way. Dont you have mobo from asus ROG? they had some "gaming" utility (i dont remember the name) that could vizualize the direction of the incoming sound. i never used it but it was installed in the system together with drivers. something like that could do it. its bullshit that game waiting for hardware when youre looking around. but it may wait for response from software like this and it makes the lags
I'm using a Gigabyte X570s Aorus Pro AX and before that i was using a MSI motherboard.
I never install bloatware, and if it's automatically installed i remove it.

Dragging up an old post to put an answer out there for any future searches. TL;DR: Lower your mouse polling rate.

I've had this issue with a number of games (mostly Unreal Engine), including Cyberpunk. It took me a long time to dig up what the problem is. My solution may or may not work for you.

Some game engines don't play nice with mice with high polling rates. In my case, using a Logitech G502 mouse, the default polling rate is 1000. Lowering this to 250 fixed the stuttering when looking/turning. Setting the polling rate to 500 helped a little, but 250 seemed to be the magic number to get smooth input.

Top Bottom