A Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes style Demo for CP 2077?

+
A Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes style Demo for CP 2077?

Let's dream for a second:
It's February 2015, you've just came back from Gamestop (i know i know) with your brand new copy of The Witcher 3. You install it on your PC and then you see it in the menu options: Cyberpunk 2077: Begins!

It would basically be a 2 hour demo of Cyberpunk 2077 for you to play with, full of content that will not make it into the final game, but it would give you a taste of how the final CP2077 plays and feels like

would you like something like this being included in W3 or coming out at a later date as a download?
what kind of content would you like to be included?

i think it would be awesome to be able to play out the scenario from the cg trailer with you playing as the Max-Tac guy arresting the cyberpsycho girl like it happens in the trailer! it would be full of dialoge options and choices for you to make.. it could also somehow lead into the main game storywise and sort of be like a intro or prologue

so yeah, what do you guys think?

btw sorry if my english is bad, i really tried
i also hope this thread doesn't suck, it is a little bit speculative i know

Last edited:
Let's dream for a second:
It's February 2015, you've just came back from Gamestop (i know i know) with your brand new copy of The Witcher 3. You install it on your PC and then you see it in the menu options: Cyberpunk 2077: Begins!

It would basically be a 2 hour demo of Cyberpunk 2077 for you to play with, full of content that will not make it into the final game, but it would give you a taste of how the final CP2077 plays and feels like

would you like something like this being included in W3 or coming out at a later date as a download?
what kind of content would you like to be included?

i think it would be awesome to be able to play out the scenario from the cg trailer with you playing as the Max-Tac guy arresting the cyberpsycho girl like it happens in the trailer! it would be full of dialoge options and choices for you to make.. it could also somehow lead into the main game storywise and sort of be like a intro or prologue

so yeah, what do you guys think?

btw sorry if my english is bad, i really tried
i also hope this thread doesn't suck, it is a little bit speculative i know
Do you want this with or WITHOUT the $30 entry fee? :p

free of course :D but i would be lying if i said i wouldn't pay to play a demo of cp77 early (and i would pay way more than 30$, please don't tell cdpr lol)

A demo would be cool, yes.
It's mostly usefull to know if the game will run on your system, so I'm all for a CP77 demo, even if it's just a character creator and a few 'training" room to have an overall idea of the game.
Just something to test it on my computer and try it out would be perfect.
Nowadays developper except people to buy their game blindly, but I think it's a good thing, just to release a démo, so the "honnest " people can try it out, and see if the game fit their expectation.

Or you can just illegaly download it, and then you don't even want to pay for it then.
A demo give you a first taste, and make you want to buy the game if it's really good, nowadays there are no demo, so people Dll the game, and in the end, they don't even need to buy it then (mostly when it's SP or the multiplayer sucks)

Last edited:
I don't know, man... demos of open world games... I know it's been done before but I don't know what good they can do: they have to show you how big the map is but still constrain you to a very small portion of it and the freedom and RPG aspects would have to be very limited and could give a bad impression. Also, you shouldn't be mentioning the Ground Zeroes business model: a 1 hour long portion of game and it's story that will be absent of the main game for $30-40. Just no.

I don't know, man... demos of open world games... I know it's been done before but I don't know what good they can do: they have to show you how big the map is but still constrain you to a very small portion of it and the freedom and RPG aspects would have to be very limited and could give a bad impression.
It's easy to do if the game's factions, story, and quest options are designed well enough, like the example I made in the gameplay suggestions thread regarding the Media class role, make a class that dips into the storylines of every other group, faction or area, but restricted from going too far into them, the Media is perfect for this because newscasters mostly work off of interviews, hearsay, and spin.

A free demo would be great. Do it like Warcraft 3 and give it missions unique to the demo. It would motivate those who bought the full game to play it.

Last edited:
A free demo would be great. Do it like Warcraft 3 and give it missions unique to the demo. It would motivate those who bought the full game to play it.

And those who played the demo and liked it to buy the full game ;)

Something like a nice tutorial quest for each roles (including the "character creator"), which could aswell be included in the final game could be nice and, since it's a tutorial, could give a better overall view of the whole game without spoiling anything, and would be way less work than doing a whole "mini-game" out of the final game.
Since every roles would be involved, you'd have quite some game-time in front of you (mostly if you can do the tutorial mission in different ways).
No need for the whole city, just a huge block would be fine, just to get a first taste of what to expect of the final game.

If the final game is actualy really good, they just need to release it a couple weeks/month before the release to get everyone hyped for a day1 buy.

Last edited:
a demo of CP2077? sure, i would want it. Together with the Witcher 3? No. They are different games, CP would only distract from the Witcher 3.

And please no MGS Ground Zeroes demo.........i mean a demo which is sold a "real "full price game..........no thanks

I've got mixed feelings on demos. In this case, I doubt a game this big could be accurately represented in a two hour section, nor do I feel development would be far enough along to do this. One thing I do hope for is a utility that tests the game on our hardware so we can get an idea of performance.

I've said this before when it came up as an off-topic diversion in another thread, but here goes.

Yes to demo, but absolutely NOT bundled with TW3, or too early. I'd like a demo released when the game goes gold, is RTM'd.

That way, the developers don't need to divert a lot of effort into testing the demo, just cut out the non-demo content. And the gamers get an accurate representation of the game.

No a demo is a bad idea. Making a demo nowadays is extremly demanding because you have to make sure it represents the best parts of the game. It has to be stable and requires a lot of work that might not get into the final game. A demo could also give players a wrong impression because of certain limitations, bugs etc. and in the end could hurt sales. I'd rather they use the time to make the actual game and at some point when they feel ready, make a 30 min demonstration like they did with the Witcher 3. That's plenty of time to show of gameplay, world, customization, mechanics and so on.

Why are you all thinking they would have to loose time working on a demo when they could just release the one they use at E3 or whatever (which is just a demo anyway), I'd not expect that much from a demo, except to see if it would run on my computer, that's why it's called a demo, it's just to show you what the game is like, and it has been like this for decades :/
About the wrong impression it's not really true, we're in 2014, no more in 1998, when the game will be released you'll have 15 000 playthrought on youtube, in fact nowadays you don't even need to buy a game to know it from A to Z, so demo or not, people will likely knows what to expect from the game, like I said, having just a few enought of the game to check how it "feels" and see if it runs on your computer (which is somewhat a sign of respect, more than "awww too bad,you payed 60 bucks but you can't play it just because you miss a few things"), no need for epicness or whatever, if some journalists can play a few minutes of a demo at E3, it's not going to spoil anything or whatever to let player play it.

Because, they're going to make a demo out of it anyway, so it's not a big deal to release it a few weeks before release.

Why are you all thinking they would have to loose time working on a demo when they could just release the one they use at E3 or whatever (which is just a demo anyway), I'd not expect that much from a demo, except to see if it would run on my computer, that's why it's called a demo, it's just to show you what the game is like, and it has been like this for decades :/
About the wrong impression it's not really true, we're in 2014, no more in 1998, when the game will be released you'll have 15 000 playthrought on youtube, in fact nowadays you don't even need to buy a game to know it from A to Z, so demo or not, people will likely knows what to expect from the game, like I said, having just a few enought of the game to check how it "feels" and see if it runs on your computer (which is somewhat a sign of respect, more than "awww too bad,you payed 60 bucks but you can't play it just because you miss a few things"), no need for epicness or whatever, if some journalists can play a few minutes of a demo at E3, it's not going to spoil anything or whatever to let player play it.

Because, they're going to make a demo out of it anyway, so it's not a big deal to release it a few weeks before release.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. First of they haven't shown anything other than the teaser trailer, they can't just release a demo from E3 when it doesn't exist. They have to make a demo and than takes time. Second the demos they show the press closed or public like E3, gamescom etc. are not the same as a playable demo released for public. Both takes time to make so usually they let press and public play the full game at the current stable build for a short period of time to get an impression, but they can't do that for a downloadable demo. So they will have to use extra money and effort to make a demo for public download and that is a waste of time and resources in my book. Third it's common knowledge that game requirements are released before the game comes out, that way you already know if you computer can play it.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. .

DING. Lacking in courtesy. Assumes things. Fails to use the word, "VIBRANT". Etc.

Let's not have posts like this, or I'll be editing it so that you say only, "Peanut Butter" fifty times.

Which, as we all know, is an allergen. An. Allergen!

Feel free to counter-argue, but a) be polite! or be, you know, funny enough no one takes offense. If you screw up on that, I punish you!

b)be fair -as fair as you can. Try not to assume things about your opponent or his/her/it's/Redge's viewpoints. Put your thoughts about their thoughts down, without putting them down.

c)praise Nurgle. Grandfather Nurgle loves you. As I do.

It could be a good idea to have the demo be a prologue chapter not playable in the full game, where you play a major player in the plot who gets blackbagged/wasted at the end of it, and it is up to the player character to step in/blunder into whatever's going in.

Also, for the love of GOD, dont charge full price for it, matter of fact dont charge at all for it.

I would like a demo that is a VR training enviorment showing the different mechanincs and such you have planned for the game.

Edit: Kinda like the Silent hill PT not really connected to the game but a teaser for what it will (Would have for silent hill :C) have.

Last edited:
It could be a good idea to have the demo be a prologue chapter not playable in the full game, where you play a major player in the plot who gets blackbagged/wasted at the end of it, and it is up to the player character to step in/blunder into whatever's going in.

Also, for the love of GOD, dont charge full price for it, matter of fact dont charge at all for it.

THIS THIT THIS!! demo being a prologue chapter would be so awesome i think!

Top Bottom