A MMORPG 10 years from now?

+
You know? Geralt is a lonely tramp witcher, always work alone... He has a too strong personality for becoming a MMO's character.

And many other Witchers who not be Geralt it sounds like a sacrilege...
do you see what I mean?

Wichat said:
Geralt is a lonely tramp witcher, always work alone...

I'm not sure, but I think in the Novels Geralt has companions travelling with him, so that argument wouldn't be valid.

As for MMORPG, no I don't like these kinds of game, the story, gameplay etc. it just downgraded and it takes too much time. Look at Star Wars Old Republic, I'd rather have KOTOR 3 but that's a different story.

Daywalker30 said:
I'm not sure, but I think in the Novels Geralt has companions travelling with him, so that argument wouldn't be valid.

As for MMORPG, no I don't like these kinds of game, the story, gameplay etc. it just downgraded and it takes too much time. Look at Star Wars Old Republic, I'd rather have KOTOR 3 but that's a different story.

He is a lonely tramp witcher, as he defines himself more than once. His casual partners are just that, casual. And Dandelion is his friend, but he, Geralt, works alone. Don't think, just read them. :)

I hope CDPR will not waste time on MMO. These things just does not work.
I may be not qualified for the subject, as I dislike multiplayers in general. If I hear, ever again, someone lecturing me about "damage per second" I am going to scream.
The only multi I was able to manage, for some time, was one of the mods for Freelancer. And I still ended up hating it. They created some very interesting solar systems, but it was impossible to explore most of it, I was constanly chased away, because half of the systems belonged to someone, and as they were not NPCs, you simply could not fight them away.
For some time I have tried joining one group, but I was geting sick of having to guard the clan systems.
Then, there was some time when it was made possible to equip "no RP" badge ,that should make player-killers to leave you alone. But old timers kept whining, appearently just fighting each other, without harasing everyone who logged in, was very boring. So the "no RP" badge got removed.
I can imagine a multi that is enjoable, but 10 years time period is way too short. Maybe after 50 years it would be possible, but 150 is more realistic estimation.

It would be interesting. I would like to play that game. It could take place 1.000 o 2.000 years before Geralt's born.

This sounds interesting, wouldn't mind a CD Projekt Red MMORPG of this size and magnitude! Might be kick ass. Or if it is difficult in parts, kick my own!

I personally don't like MMORPG's. It is quite stupid for RPG genre. But I want a witcher's or another fanatasy world -based action-shooter like Overwatch! I want open such a topic here, but I don't have enogh posts for that! This is my 9th of 10! :D
Overwatch is a cool game with cool monetization. Cosmetical loot boxes which are not affecting game balance bring more money then game buying by itself and do not make a game pay-to-win what is a dead-end! But I don't like that fucking boring dead techno-world!
PLS, CD Project! Make something like Overwatch but in a lovely fanatasy-style with fireballing mages, witchers, assasinss, archers, knights! It will be so wonderfull and successfull for u! People like fantasy! It is alive world! I remember times in my youth when I played for many times in Dark Messiah, and then in Morrowind and so on! That first-person fantasy games are so entertaining and cool-looking! That Dark Messiah leg punchung are so funny :D Make something like that not for one-person, but for community of players, who will buy ur lootboxes and face each other in a fantasy battles!

Top Bottom