A new adventure set in the world of The Witcher awaits!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will release on PC via GOG.com on October 23rd, with a console release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 set for December 4th!

Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics. The game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms — Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.

Throughout the adventure, players will explore new and never-before-seen parts of The Witcher world, embark on thought-provoking quests featuring rich, multidimensional characters. All while gathering resources to expand their army and engaging in epic story battles powered by the skill-based battle system known from GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

How delightful! Thanks for posting about this here as well, @Alicja. !

It'll be grand to be back in The Witcher's world once again. New places to see, choices to make, folk to kill, barrels to smash. . . .

What I see, its nothing like the first 3 games, its more cartoony. Does this appeal to those who have been playing in the past?

What I see, its nothing like the first 3 games, its more cartoony. Does this appeal to those who have been playing in the past?
It's a game from new Witcher's Tale series. It's not being created by the main team which works for Cyberpunk.
It was meant to be single player mod for Gwent but the project have grown to the point where they decided to make it standalone experience & link it with Gwent.
That being said, I'm Witcher fan, I've played more Witcher trilogy than Gwent but I've already bought the game! :D

TL : DR - Game has different style, more cartoony. But it's being created by the same people that brought to us The Witcher 3 (with my favorite writer on board as a main storyteller :love:).
So now there's only one things standing between you & this game. Your personal taste.

Top Bottom