A new, beneficial Mode

+

A new, beneficial Mode

• Yes, I think a Mode like this one will be beneficial.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No, such a Mode is not needed.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
A new, beneficial Mode

Hey there!

Gwent captivated my attention as soon as was announced as a standalone game and after a few months of waiting I got accepted in the Open Beta phase in December.
I really want this game to succeed because - for me at least - it feels like a breath of fresh air in this TCG crowd.
Thinking about how this game can become better and also be different I came up with an idea for a mode called "Try Mode".
The idea came to me a few days ago while I was thinking about some decks. I wanted to give one of the decks a try but as soon as I opened my collection I was disappointed by the fact that I didn't own all the cards for that particular deck.
Try Mode should solve this problem all of us had at one point in time in the following way - in this mode only you have access to all the cards available and:

-> it should encourage creativity - you can build any deck comes to mind without the fear that if it's bad you wasted tons of scrap and the time that it took you to grind it
-> you will be able to test the deck you created against the A.I. for which you can select a difficulty and maybe even build a deck for it to use in order to see how powerful your deck is against a certain archetype
-> in order not to disrupt the other modes you will not receive any rewards for matches, remember this is a build-and-test mode only

I really think this mode will help both players who don't have a big collection and those who have it but want to try new stuff out in a controlled environment without worrying about losing ranks and other rewards.

What do you think? Would something like this be beneficial to Gwent or not?
Feel free to post your own ideas about how would you see a mode like this one.

Last edited:
There are two important suggestions here. The first is to have all cards available for testing, the second is to have a customizable AI to test out different scenarios.

Both suggestions (have been suggested before and) are nice to have. However, having all cards available for testing could also lessen the fun of getting new cards. A middle-ground could be to have the option of refunding a CRAFTED card within 3 days with a cooldown timer of 1 day. This means you can't test complete decks but you can still check out if that one card is worth it in your deck.

I have thought about this trial mode too because it's frustrating to spend your scraps on something you are not quite sure of and realize it's not what you imagined, or going into the trouble to look it up outside the game because you cant experience it yourself. Some cards fail to have a perfect description as well, like you cant know that some spawning monster units are breedable. Once you have a borrowed card in your deck you cant play against people(with that deck).

But the refunding scrap idea would do too.

Last edited:
This seems almost mandatory so as not to discourage players who pick up the game and tentatively spend almost all their scraps (which are fairly easy to get in the first few levels) on something that is just not viable at all, which could end up making them stop playing altogether.

Top Bottom