A New Difficulty

+
A New Difficulty

I would love it if CDPR could add this in one of their DLCs/Expansions, or even if somebody could create a mod just for the PC players. I'm sure some of you guys find the game isn't as challenging as it could be on Death March. When I say that I mean that it's easy to become OP, and once you have a monster's AI figured out, even the toughest baddies can become a walk in the park. What I'd like to propose is a Hardcore difficulty, a little bit similar to the one in New Vegas. Here's what I'd like to see in it, potentially.

-The need to drink, sleep, and eat. Add a hunger, thirst, and sleep deprivation (meditation) meters for Geralt. This way food becomes much more important, especially if you've taken Suns and Stars and towards the end of the game when you can make like 500 Swallow with all the Alcohol you've gathered.

-Increase the combat difficulty. Make the monsters take just a little bit longer to kill, or at least on the higher levels when Geralt starts getting really good gear. Improve their AI even more. So for example, make humans more aggressive, more likely to dodge/riposte your attacks, maybe even coordinate to attack you twice at the same time from two different directions. The same goes for monsters. I'd just like the enemies to be a stint tougher but definitely more unpredictable. Just an example, realistically, a Fiend should be able to fuck up Geralt pretty quickly if they make a mistake but what I've noticed happen, is usually when a Fiend knocks Geralt away, instead of capitalizing and immediately charging at him, the fiend just walks away like it has ADD or something "Oh, look, a butterfly! What was I doing again? Oh yeah! That damn Witcher!" And maybe nerf bleed damage, because on my last playthrough I killed the level 23 Fiend Northwest of the Nilfgaardian Group 'Center' Camp at level 9 just by causing it to bleed with the Viper sword. I did the same thing to Harrisi and Opinicus later on.

-Keep the fixed level for enemies, but make lower level ones scale up to you. Maybe make it so that a lowest an enemy can be is 5 levels below you or something. Because walking around at level 30 and still running into level 4 Drowners and bandits is a joke.

-Make Alchemical ingredients more rare. I don't think Alchemy needs to be nerfed, instead, I think the ingredients should be scarcer and more expensive. Also, maybe make it so that it takes two Alcohols to fully replenish your potions, bombs and oils, or something along the lines of that. In the beginning of the game, it's very difficult because you're broke and have to rely on food to replenish your health. You can't find a lot of Alcohol lying around and you can't afford to buy that many either. So I suggest making it more rare/expensive, or making it use up more alcohol to replenish your potions, especially when the capacity is increased.

If anybody has other suggestions for creating a harder difficulty, feel free to post them below and share your thoughts.

Top Bottom