A new, improved and enhanced edition of The Witcher approaches!

+
What am I recommending? Continue your playing. With 1.3 patch it's already nearly perfect game. By the time EE comes out, you will have your game finished (probably) and then you can start once again, and again, and again... ;)

I have a question : does the 1.3 patch includes the enhancements we were waiting for, like more faces for PNJ and an improved inventory system for alchemy? Because they were the things I was really looking forward to, and I don't see a description of it in the readme :-\ So is it simply a mistake in the readme or was I completely mistaken and all this stuff will be available for download only when the Enhanced Edition get out, in May?And if this patch includes the new inventory system, how do we use it?

Sannom said:
I have a question : does the 1.3 patch includes the enhancements we were waiting for, like more faces for PNJ and an improved inventory system for alchemy? Because they were the things I was really looking forward to, and I don't see a description of it in the readme :-\ So is it simply a mistake in the readme or was I completely mistaken and all this stuff will be available for download only when the Enhanced Edition get out, in May?And if this patch includes the new inventory system, how do we use it?
No, that stuff will come with the Enhanced Edition.

oh so the people who already bought the game won't get all the content? we'll need to buy it again?

Okay, another question : I got a problem with the module "The price of neutrality", the characters are mute! I've got the french version and I installed the patch with that language. Does someone has the same problem?

This question seems to be asked over and over again, but without a straight answer, or at lease I can't find one. Will current 1.3 version save files be compatible with the enhanced version. The developer at this point would have to know the answer to this. For someone like myself who has limited free time and has been working on this game bit by bit for the last 3 months, I really don't want to start over at this point. It would be nice to just wait to finish the game with the enhanced version if the saves are compatible. If anyone has an answer to this it would be appreciated. Thanks

NEARLY PERFECT!?WHERE?You say that because PROBABLY you have a optimal video card like 8800 GT.But I have a 7600 GT and I was expecting that patch 1.3 will improve the perfomance in my GPU.I´m disappointed... :'(
Daerdin said:
What am I recommending? Continue your playing. With 1.3 patch it's already nearly perfect game. By the time EE comes out, you will have your game finished (probably) and then you can start once again, and again, and again... ;)

The Witcher with patch 1.3 installed on a Vista 32 bit laptop ---------- almost at the end of chapter 3 --------- went running around the Trade Quarter, in and out of buildings, talking to NPC's with no weird graphic or crashes . Lasted for about 1 hour then got a graphic issue went to save then crashed to desktop. Didn't have to reboot puter after crash. :) Was from a saved game.Before would crash or go weird on me every 10-15 minutes in the Trade Quarter ----------- then would have to reboot the puter. :'(So looks like the patch does work for me as the Trade Quarter was giving me a lot of trouble. Maybe if started over would run even better ::)Only thing doing that may do something different and mess up the way I'm going now. :-\

Altered_Soul, this game is well worth playing more than once! I just finished my first play through and immediately started again, because I couldn't bear to leave Geralt or the world of The Witcher.So, I'd recommend that you NOT put off playing -- play it through once now, then play again on May 16th! There are many choice points where it'd be interesting to play again to see how things go if you choose the other way. And you can also have mainly sword-focused combat or mainly sign-focused combat, so your entire game experience can be quite different.

when it comes out I'll be there waiting for it ---------- best game ever -------------------- with this last patch maybe I can finish the Trade Quarter in chapter 3 ----------------- was crashing and rebooting every 5-10 minutesnow I can go an hour ------------------ hope it keeps up -------------------- want to play every angle of the gameHappy Witching

Hello All ... just wanted to drop in and say THANK YOU to CD Projekt RED for their continued dedication to The Witcher and to the players! I've been a die-hard ES: Morrowind & Oblivion player for years and no other game, besides The Witcher, has given me anything close to the immersion that I've gotten from those games. The Witcher is strictly my favorite game for 2007/2008 and probably beyond. The replayability is awesome. It is SO impressive that you guys are willing to stick with perfecting this game!!Believe it or not, I've actually read every single post in this thread. Since I read about the "Enhanced" version coming out in May, I've been coming to thewitcher.com and to this forum at least once a week, trying to keep up with news about the Enhanced versions. Today I downloaded the 1.3 patch, the editor, the maps, the songs, guides, etc. Thrilled to have all that! But I am mostly interested in and am waiting with baited breath for the Enhanced version that will be released in stores. I am a U.S. citizen and have been watching websites like, gamestop.com, ebgames.com, amazon.com, etc. It concerns me a bit that I have yet to see anything mentioned on these websites, advertising that the Enhanced Witcher will be "coming soon". These sites tend to show games that will be released well into the future (like a year in advance or more), so I get a bit confused when I don't see The Witcher listed, when it is to be released as soon as May ??? Someone in one of the earlier posts said that something was mentioned about it in a UK site, but I couldn't find anything about it in any UK sites either. hmmmm .... It makes me wonder if I should not be preparing myself for the release to be later than May. I've worked in IT development for 16 years, so these kinds of things don't surprise me or upset me, but how gaming companies market the sales of their products is something of a mystery to me. The very fact that I did not discover the original sale of The Witcher until just a couple of months before it became available for sale was truly amazing to me. For such a great game to not have been advertised sooner just seemed a little weird. On the other hand, if you guys don't have dates set in stone with the stores, I would imagine that would take some pressure off of you if there has to be delays, which is totally understandable.yadda yadda yadda ... I guess I am saying that I am very eager to go ahead and preorder the enhanced retail version, so it would be great to know if we'll be seeing mention of it in gaming stores pretty soon? [Hey, but NO PRESSURE guys - HAHA!!!](Oh and for those of you who really want to buy the newest version when it comes out rather than downloading everything, but have a problem with having multiple copies of the game, do what I plan to do ... trade in the older version. No, the amount you get is not what you paid, but something is better than nothing, yes? I KNOW I've gotten my money's worth with the months I've played this awesome game and am looking forward to having the new version in my hot little hands to load up on a new gaming laptop that I'm getting in about a month. [See Sahra doing a little dance!!!]) :beer: :beer: :beer: to CD Projekt RED!!!![OH and I would love love LOVE to have the Witcher MEDALLION included in a box set or maybe you guys could offer these for sale on your website!!!!]

Corylea said:
Altered_Soul, this game is well worth playing more than once! I just finished my first play through and immediately started again, because I couldn't bear to leave Geralt or the world of The Witcher.So, I'd recommend that you NOT put off playing -- play it through once now, then play again on May 16th! There are many choice points where it'd be interesting to play again to see how things go if you choose the other way. And you can also have mainly sword-focused combat or mainly sign-focused combat, so your entire game experience can be quite different.
My problem is is that I have like 5 other games to play. I broke my normal rule of play a game until its "finished" and then buy another, and bought like 6 or 7 great games within the span of a week. I also picked up a Wii, so my head has been spinning with gaming!And then I was really stupid and picked up Sins of a Solar Empire. I could play Civ 2 for 12 hour stretches... I have no idea why I decided to pick up the crack cocaine of strategy enthusiasts...And so far what I have played of Witcher has been quite excellent, although the inventory system could use some improvement (which sounds like it is getting in the EE).I personally have no problems waiting until the EE since I find the new content intriguing to say the least, and would love to get my "virgin" experience with an improved game. Suffice to say next to SC2 and Fallout 3, the Witcher EE has been a constant internet check for me :). I am a little confused as to the story cut between the first castle (forgive my lack of knowledge of the world) and the first town. I understand now, but I was a little shaken up and felt like I had missed a chapter or something...

I've had the game for quite some time now but I kept crashing all the time...got to the first town and right when I was supposed to fight off the wolves, it crashed again and I gave up. Then I heard about the EE of the game. So before I even start again, I am waiting for the patch of that to come out before I dedicate my spare time on it! And I can't wait...screen shots of the game and what I have played so far are awesome!

@metros have you try ed the Tech forum or you can even ask for help there on your crashing it will also help to post on what are you running the game on

Having to restart a chapter wouldn't be so bad. However, it would greatly help if there was a way to import/export our character.This would provide two things:1. Make it easier import a character if a new patch or if the EE doesn't allow prior save-games.2. Make it easier to import a character into new adventure created by users --- if the adventure allows it. This way all the hard work we put into our character won't go to waste.The character stats should also include the chapters finished (and any game changing decisions), so we don't have to go all the way back to chapter 1 to just play chapter 2 or 3, etc.Thank you for considering this. :)

A couple of graphical user interface requests:1. Quick Save as a button so we can just click it with a mouse.2. Pause as a button so we can just click it with a mouse.Thank you. 8)

Top Bottom