A new language version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

+
A new language version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

A quick number quiz:
How many dwarves does it take to change a light bulb? Five. One to hold the bulb and the other four to drink until the room spins.
How many language versions does The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings have? The answer is eleven.
How many language versions does The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition have? In this case its twelve.
Our Turkish fans prepared their own language version of the game. CD Projekt RED has supported and tested their work. The result is quite amazing. Thats why the Turkish version will be included in the PC Enhanced Edition, which will be availablefrom the 17th of April (a reminder: pre-downloads start tomorrow).
Many thanks to our fans at Oyunceviri.com, who have prepared this version on their own. Great job!
You must imagine how much work it required to translate the Witcher's 2 complex story. CD Projekt RED appreciates all the effort and time our fans put into bringing The Enhanced Edition to a new audience. We really love what our enthusiasts do and want to support similar initiatives in the future!

Wow, that's awesome! I always wondered if there was a group that could do a Hindi language pack. That would be awesome, even if it did suck.

bcheero said:
Wow, that's awesome! I always wondered if there was a group that could do a Hindi language pack. That would be awesome, even if it did suck.
As you see - we support innitatives like this. So you should try it!

Great news! I heard about their work some time ago and it's really nice of you to recognize it!

Always wondered, who translates games into respective languages? Do you have like one or two members of every country in europe working with you, who translate the game from Polish or how does it look like?

Aver

Forum veteran
DonSwingKing said:
Always wondered, who translates games into respective languages? Do you have like one or two members of every country in europe working with you, who translate the game from Polish or how does it look like?

Game (script) was made in Polish and English in same time, so they probably translate it from English. The most important langauges are translated in house as they said some time ago. Other versions are outsorced but CDPR employees still supervise them.

Thats awesome! kudos to you guys
bcheero said:

yeah maybe one day! looking at how awesome the red team is
maybe if we get more hardcore indian witcher fans.. or I master the art of coding down the lane as a computer science engineer (so far done nothing these 2 years lol) maybe we will do it ourselves in the next witcher game :D

Aver said:
Game (script) was made in Polish and English in same time, so they probably translate it from English.
Yeah, pretty much.

I play with Polish voice and Czech subtitles and since I understand about half or more of Polish and everything in Czech, I can see that sometimes they have completely different sentences. It´s a little confusing sometimes. I wish czech subtitles were translated from Polish script...

not every game devs would support such a group never the less allow them to do it and actually include it officially in the game.

Nice one CDPR and the guys who make the translations :D

This is awesome! :)

Great innitiative from the fans of Oyunceviri.com and kudos for all their hard work. Huge thanks to CDProject RED who implemented it officially into the game. It is almost unheared of for developers to add fanmade things officially and you also support things like this is mindblowingly awesome.

As I mentioned when you first announced that you would support their localisation, this is an unmatched, utterly superb care for your fan-base. Massive kudos to both CDPR and Oyunceviri.com for this!

Turkish localization of Witcher 2 was a pleasure for us. I hope someday Playstation 3 players can enjoy Witcher 2, too.

That's wonderful news! Congratulations to the Turkish fans on a fantastic achievement, and kudos to CDPR, for backing this kind of endeavor.

Top Bottom