A new Leader Challenge begins!

+
Monsters are underplayed compared to any other faction so I have an idea, let's make DJ challenge (yeah, it's intentional, there is no way any other stands a chance in this unless all player will just get so bored with him that they will be ok with losing more just to play something else) so we will be able to see more of him. He's only 4th played leader after 3 others that are played mainly because they counter him and are overall decent (or broken, looking at you Foltest).

And here I was sure that not patching this meta is the stupidest thing you can do. Already got my seasonal border and I skipped 2 days so I can skipp next weeks as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
The winners get MORE rewards, what's the problem with that?

You mean the leader with the most supporters gets more rewards. So I literally don't have to play the event at all. Just wait til it's over and then use the winning leader to get an XP boost.

How is that a competitive event?

yay, first time playing SY again after roflstomping everything the first two days after thee expansion was released! then I stopped having fun playing op shit and switched back to my boy eist and my girl AQ..

lets go DJ, have some fun!

Guest 4368268

lol, as mentioned before me it was obliviously planned ahead of time, but given the controversy of the past couple weeks it would be common sense to not go through with it. But Burza's Twitter reaction tells me they don't really understand the frustration a part of the community has felt for many months on end now with broken balance of power between factions/leaders.

Reminds me of when Jason (in response to Crach being criticized) pointed out he's not actually the #1 played leader (it was Gernichora, equally broken at the time) it doesn't really help to state these things as if to say "so stop complaining!"

You mean the leader with the most supporters gets more rewards. So I literally don't have to play the event at all. Just wait til it's over and then use the winning leader to get an XP boost.

How is that a competitive event?

Okay, so your plan is to play the leader after the event instead of playing in the event that rewards you for playing a leader? That's like hanging out in the ballroom after the party is over and finishing the uneaten snacks. The whole point is to have fun participating in the party. Additionally, just like a party this is an event that encourages participation without needing to be competitive (although I did win a quinceanera once).

Okay, so your plan is to play the leader after the event instead of playing in the event that rewards you for playing a leader? That's like hanging out in the ballroom after the party is over and finishing the uneaten snacks. The whole point is to have fun participating in the party. Additionally, just like a party this is an event that encourages participation without needing to be competitive (although I did win a quinceanera once).

Yeah that was what I was lamenting. I would like to see the game be more competitive.

rrc

Forum veteran
I liked KoB last season, going tribute heavy with Madame+Tinboy and reached Rank 1 with my deck. I didn't want to choose DJ or play with him in this ability - he is too OP and oppressive that I couldn't choose him. Now with my similar KoB deck, I faced DJ. The result is obvious, I lost terribly. The game was not even close. I faced a WJ and I lost because I misplayed Madame (didn't realise the WitchHunter and used him to kill a 4 power unit, thus consuming the free tribute which messed up my TinBoy). Otherwise, the game would have been close. Gudrun I think would be close game. Even Fart guy would be a close game.

But DJ among SY is many leagues ahead and is disgustingly OP. But everyone knows this and I believe even CDPR knows this (and hence the hint that he will be balanced). CDPR knows the sentiment of people and still they went ahead with this. They would know that they would get criticised like hell and still they did this. I sincerely hope there is a bigger strategy and reasoning behind it. A company as smart as CDPR could not be that tone deaf to not know the backlash they would get with this challenge.

But DJ among SY is many leagues ahead and is disgustingly OP. But everyone knows this and I believe even CDPR knows this
Meanwhile in CDPR Headquarter:
cdpr_headquarter.jpg

Havnt played in over a week. Had the urge to play but now I don't. Not my idea of a fun challenge. I'm sorry I hate being negative but will probably wait till the new season

But DJ among SY is many leagues ahead and is disgustingly OP. But everyone knows this and I believe even CDPR knows this (and hence the hint that he will be balanced). CDPR knows the sentiment of people and still they went ahead with this. They would know that they would get criticised like hell and still they did this. I sincerely hope there is a bigger strategy and reasoning behind it. A company as smart as CDPR could not be that tone deaf to not know the backlash they would get with this challenge.
A bigger strategy? Behind:

- Not sticking to a clear vision with full focus on units and battle between units: Too many uninteractable plays (specials, artifacts and several other binary and immune stuff)
- Forgetting about previously (unavoidably) acknowledged problems with the binary artifact mechanic (which is still not fixed, just the excess symptoms (Sihil, MC Spear) have been nerfed to the ground) and the uninteractable no-unit nonsense: Introducing a coin mechanic that is much worse, allowing completely uninteractable point hoarding (again no focus on units - points/coins not staying with units)
- Providing a balance patch and introducing a leader and faction that created more imbalance, which has been clearly indicated by players, numbers and the rise of Usurper unfunness.
- Now disappointing players even further by promoting this unbalanced unfunness with the coin mechanic and OP leaders and decks in a special event.

I believe the above to be facts, please feel free to comment if you think I'm incorrect. Being positive is important, but it's most important to be realistic and factual. Don't sell yourself short by thinking that there is a "bigger strategy" that you don't see. We can all see what's happening, what's (not) being communicated and most importantly, how we feel about it.

Nice job cdpr. First time I'll skip the whole leader challenge, even without picking a leader.

This is the first leader challenge that I knew before I even chose that DJ was absolutely going to be the top. I don't like playing him so chose another but I am just not invested. This is the first leader challenge I don't think I will complete because it just feels silly.

I made my 4th quest in the leader challenge (win 10 matches). I play Dijkstra and I must say, it was a pain. Not because I was countered (I made this 10 wins really quick), but Dijkstra is not fun to play imo. I know he's strong, overpowered, but I want my fun if I play a leader. And this is missing for me if I play with him. The other leaders are much more fun to play. For the 5th quest (75 crime card) I picked Cleaver and my winrate is ca. 10% but I don't care if I lose. I think I will not play DJ in the near future again...

I made my 4th quest in the leader challenge (win 10 matches). I play Dijkstra and I must say, it was a pain. Not because I was countered (I made this 10 wins really quick), but Dijkstra is not fun to play imo. I know he's strong, overpowered, but I want my fun if I play a leader. And this is missing for me if I play with him. The other leaders are much more fun to play. For the 5th quest (75 crime card) I picked Cleaver and my winrate is ca. 10% but I don't care if I lose. I think I will not play DJ in the near future again...
its the same for me, but to be honest i dont have a good winratio with dj aswell, im so disinteressted in playing the game that i missplay almost every game, which usually seldom happens.
and his leader ability is an absolute pain. its sooooooo slow, and then you click one to many times, he will keep casting it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom