A New Saga Begins

+
I don't think, that making new Witcher game on UE5 is a good idea
games Witcher stile usually don't turn out well

I really hope I'm wrong

Who said it's going to be Ciri?
Who else? They won't get high sells without well known characters, like Geralt, Ciri, Triss, Yen etc. I don't think they gonna make another Thronebraker: The Witcher Tales since it's labeled as "new saga", and if it's not Geralt then Ciri is the only character around whom they can create new big and succesful story. If only they still care about it and not going to make some MMO or Assassin's Creed-like.

Who else?

Anyone? With Cyberpunk they went for make your own character game. Why not use that with Witcher 4? Personally I hope they use such model instead of going for a fixed character one. It worked well for Geralt, not sure it would work well for others.

Either way, if you don't have a source, saying it's Ciri is just pure speculation.

Last edited:
Anyone? With Cyberpunk they went for make your own character game. Why not use that with Witcher 4? Personally I hope they use such model instead of going for a fixed character one. It worked well for Geralt. I doubt it would work well for others.

Either way, if you don't have a source, saying it's Ciri is just pure speculation.
Cyberpunk is not The Witcher, it's a whole new franchise without any previous games or well known characters.
"Anyone" doesn't work for Witcher series, you can see it in example of Thronebraker, which didn't have much success. Source is common logic.

Very exciting news. I loved the red engine but I am all in for a migration to UE5. It will be easier in the long run to develop games. Upgrading and maintaining an engine is not a very logical idea in the long run. Manually configuring the engine for every new tech that comes out every single year is an insane amount of work. Going to UE5 is a very logical and sound step.

Cyberpunk is not The Witcher, it's a whole new franchise without any previous games or well known characters.
"Anyone" doesn't work for Witcher series, you can see it in example of Thronebraker, which didn't have much success. Source is common logic.

And? I don't see how "not being Witcher" changes anything in this regard. Never played Thronebreaker, but I don't think it's comparable.

"We are not planning on making the game exclusive to one storefront."

Strangely how they are playing with words, and being careful and so vague... "one storefront", they might release it on GOG and Epic, leaving Steam out because Epic tantrum.
Ubisoft has a similar deal with Epic, that is not exclusive to one storefront too, but leaves Steam out.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this one.
Mehhh... Steam has too many exclusives on its own, it is high time some other storefronts keep some exclusives. I have over 100 AAA games on my Steam wishlist that can not be found anywhere else. I don't see people freaking out over it. [...]

And? I don't see how "not being Witcher" changes anything in this regard. Never played Thronebreaker, but I don't think it's comparable.
Witcher is a strictly story-driven series, driven by a bunch of well-known chars and their relationship throughout all three huge games, and it's a core of success of that franchise. If they manage to create some other completely new chars and story equally interesting and successful to previous ones or at least close to it, well, good for them, good for us, but I highly doubt.

Again, a reminder to please be respectful towards others, as required by the forum rules. Some content has been removed.

Please take apple silicon macs intro consideration 🙏 even the cheapest one macbook air/mini is now capable of gaming so by the time you'll end your development there will be plenty of macs that can run Witcher :)

[...]

Ok, I'll rephrase. My dear comrades who think this series needs character creation or class selection or other skyrim-like features, I strongly believe you're extremely misguided and it would be tremendously appreciated if you put some thought into understanding what exactly makes this franchise such a masterpiece before providing your very valuable and insightful suggestions. Thanks :) Peace :) Have a nice day :)

Please, resurrect Geralt's true friends, Milva, Cahir, Angouleme, they are the greatest companions in the original novel, they sacrificed themselves to complete redemption and sacrifice. I want to meet them, to meet them Adventure together, I want to hear Angouleme's jokes, I want to see Milva's strength, I want to see Cahir's future. And of course our old friend Regis. Their abrupt end in the original book should Get a peaceful ending in the game. I want to go on a happy and carefree journey with them, we can stop and go, we can quarrel, we can fight together.

All I want is a witcher 3 quality production, I don't know how they can put it on, but I want it to be close to it. lnyx school will tell about the lynx. The locket is the symbol of the lynx. After Vesemir died, the cat school was transformed into a lynx by radical decisions by lambert and dragonfly. Its members are ancient wolves and cats. The new witcher will focus on the lynx school and will probably be the lead role. Honestly I'd love to see Gaunter O'Dimm

Now when Konrad and Mateusz left, I don't think new Witcher will ever reach the level of details in previous games. We already had new Witcher game. It's called Witcher: Monster Slayer (available on smartphones, which is a typical mobile pokemon clone). Imagine, next Witcher might be Ubisoft inspired open-world game with outposts, towers and internal game-shop with xp boosters. RED 2.0 is a AAA-company now. Expect to get same experience as other AAA companies give us.

Top Bottom