A New Saga Begins

+
Dear CDPR, in light of what is currently happening in the world, I respectfully ask you to consider as early as possible the prospect of adding a Ukrainian version of the game. That way you will provide Ukrainian translators, editors and (hopefully) voice actors with much needed jobs, which, in the end, will be good for both Poland and Ukraine.

As a console user, I feel a little relief from the change of engine. I hope this means that consoles won't be treated as secondary platforms anymore and that some big changes have occurred in the higher ups who were responsible of cp77 technical aspects.

On the other hand, I read this as a statement that TW4 won't be on market before 4-5 years which makes me a little sad since my growing lack of interest towards cyberpunk expansions.

Anyway, I'd rather wait 8 years for a new game than 4 and have another cyberpunk, so please take your time.

Last edited:

We’re happy to announce that the next installment in The Witcher series of video games is currently in development, kicking off a new saga for the franchise.

This is an exciting moment as we’re moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games. It covers not only licensing, but technical development of Unreal Engine 5, as well as potential future versions of Unreal Engine, where relevant. We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences.

At this point, no further details regarding the game — such as a development time frame or release date — are available.

REDengine, the technology which powers Cyberpunk 2077, is still being used for the development of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.
Please please please uf this us going to be another witcher, all you guys gotta do is keep everything the same!!! Thank you!! Lol

I'm really looking foward this game. I also hope CDPR will take all the time needed to develop a great quality game.
Post automatically merged:

We are not planning on making the game exclusive to one storefront.
Thanks for clarifying this.

All I want to know is if it has Character Creation. I didn't like any of the previous games because i had to play Geralt.
The RED engine wasn't great for modding in your own character creation. At most the mods let you replace Geralt with the model of another

I didn't like any of the previous games because i had to play Geralt.
the game is inspired from the books so it only makes sense you play as Geralt.
But they said that if they make another witcher game its not gonna be about Geralt since his story has come to an end so who knows maybe they will add a character creation.

All I want to know is if it has Character Creation. I didn't like any of the previous games because i had to play Geralt.
The RED engine wasn't great for modding in your own character creation. At most the mods let you replace Geralt with the model of another character in the game.
Same. Geralts story is done, I'd prefer a new story and new characters. Preferably the option to customize your own Witcher character.

Booooo Epic games. Not buying anything that's exclusive to their launcher. Tired of the walled garden DRM monster buying exclusives and claiming the competition is the monopoly. Such hypocrisy.

I know they have money to throw around and it makes sense for CDPR after obvious issues with red engine in cyberpunk, but this is a disappointment.

Yay new Witcher and Cyber punk expansion at least.
Most likely it will be like with Ubisoft games. They are on EGS and on Uplay on the same time. So here I expect EGS and GOG.

Hey @CD PROJEKT RED I love the witcher series and really hope you keep it 3rd person, I would hate to not be able to play another of your games bc of a medical condition.

I hope they've learned from the mistakes the did with Cyberpunk and deliver a superior game (to both Cyberpunk which should be a low bar and Witcher 3, which would be a tad bit more difficult)

Top Bottom