A New Saga Begins

+
No longer limited to Geralt and his story... imagine the possibilities: custom Witcher, including female characters, choice of being as evil/ruthless as you like, visiting lands never seen before such as Nilfgaard...

I'm just happy for another Witcher game, they can use what ever engine they like. I just want another awesome story I can get lost in like the previous games.

I'm just happy for another Witcher game, they can use what ever engine they like. I just want another awesome story I can get lost in like the previous games.
And if we can play a fem witcher for the whole duration of the game, even better. It's sad to see RedEngine's unique beauty go tho

And if we can play a fem witcher for the whole duration of the game, even better. It's sad to see RedEngine's unique beauty go tho
A fem Witcher would be a nice option but I can't see how a fem Witcher will be possible. In the Lore Witchers are male. Ciri is a unique Witcher who is only capable of matching Witchers due to her Elder Blood abilities. So to have a fem Witcher option, they would have to break Lore and that will annoy a lot of fans, including myself. I am OCD when it comes to Witcher Lore (its an autism thing).

We’re happy to announce that the next installment in The Witcher series of video games is currently in development, kicking off a new saga for the franchise.

This is an exciting moment as we’re moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games. It covers not only licensing, but technical development of Unreal Engine 5, as well as potential future versions of Unreal Engine, where relevant. We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences.

At this point, no further details regarding the game — such as a development time frame or release date — are available.

REDengine, the technology which powers Cyberpunk 2077, is still being used for the development of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.

*Update*: We are not planning on making the game exclusive to one storefront.
First of all, I want to talk about something, will there be add Witcher signs in the book and in the second game in the Witcher New saga game? Or will we continue with 5 Witcher signs, honestly, I would love to see all other signs besides the 5 basic Witcher signs.(Heliotrop,Somne,supirre,Volun,Vorg There are many, but the main ones are [5"main signs"+ at least 2 and as many as you want :) " unknown signs"] I wish you a good day

A fem Witcher would be a nice option but I can't see how a fem Witcher will be possible. In the Lore Witchers are male. Ciri is a unique Witcher who is only capable of matching Witchers due to her Elder Blood abilities. So to have a fem Witcher option, they would have to break Lore and that will annoy a lot of fans, including myself. I am OCD when it comes to Witcher Lore (its an autism thing).
Most Witcher schools are male only indeed, but didn't the Cat School have female Witchers, as they had a different mutation process?

i just hope the next witcher isn't shortened like cyberpunk
I know not a lot of people finished the witcher 3 but it won tons of awards and is one of the best games i have ever played. Cyberpunk with its short story kind of felt like a lot was left out and characters really didn't develop

1) In this new saga, of course, the name of our character and the story will remain constant, but we will chose his appearance as in cyberpunk 2077, even the Geralt of Rivia appearance may come with the DLC.

2)Since there are more advanced graphics in the game and we see the same Witcher signs throughout the 3 games, new signs may come, because it's kind of boring to see the same Witcher marks and mastery from a single branch. It would be great fun and add some variety by keeping that balance and improving all branches so that you feel like a true Witcher in every single trait. If you make the enemies a little stronger or smarter, the effect of this powerful Witcher will decrease ( smart enemy would be nice :) )

3) I am very curious about the question of who will be our new enemy in the game, All I can think of is that (maybe) we are the Last Witcher left as a result of the Lynx School attack, and we may want to go to Kaer Morhen and get help and training from Geralt or another Witcher.

4)I'm sure it will be a great game, but the most important thing is our horse's name :)) (I'm used to traveling with Roach)

5)There must be different weapons we use other than swords, using axes or other types of weapons in Witcher 3 didn't feel as good as swords (except for special weapons, like the shovel in the HoS DLC).

6)The game I want most and information about the Witcher schools that we heard a little bit in the book,school of the rat, School of the crane, or new schools we've never heard of.

7)Since you don't have a Witcher world resource set after Geralt, I'm very curious about what kind of storytelling and what kind of Witcher we will play. That's why, although I'm a little worried, I feel a little more comfortable in this regard as I know that the game makers are Witcher fans.

8) Now we come to another issue, how big will the world of the game be this time, is it a huge open world or should we teleport(fast Travel) when changing a region like in W3? (using road signs).For example, if I want to go to Toussant, do I have to teleport? (fast travel) or will I be able to go all the way with my own horse? ( This would be difficult and something that could create optimization issues or low FPS issues, but if you do, I would play even with 10 FPS.)

Good luck and thank you to the whole team.<3

i just hope the next witcher isn't shortened like cyberpunk
I know not a lot of people finished the witcher 3 but it won tons of awards and is one of the best games i have ever played. Cyberpunk with its short story kind of felt like a lot was left out and characters really didn't develop
It ought to be the same length as TW3

Many are talking about custom characters; there is just one big issue about it. they LACK personality and character!

u may add some background story, customable traits and such, but the game will eventually fail hard in character development. Pre defined characters on the other hand would get detailed touch on their look and above all an appropriate voice actor, who would bring him to life.

the end result is simply incomparable

Just wanted to put my 2cents in here that I really hope this new Witcher game is really a "new saga" and not a continuation of all the existing books and games. I love the books and especially love the games, but I don't want more of the same characters. I want new characters, new witchers, new stories. I don't want to have to play a character that has already been established and has 8 books worth of backstory and lore. Please let us customize our own protagonist in the world of the Witcher.

:yourebreathtaking:

Many are talking about custom characters; there is just one big issue about it. they LACK personality and character!

u may add some background story, customable traits and such, but the game will eventually fail hard in character development. Pre defined characters on the other hand would get detailed touch on their look and above all an appropriate voice actor, who would bring him to life.

I def don't mind a preset character as long as it's female

Definitely would like to see a male Witcher to be consistent with lore [. . .], and a pre-defined one would be great - when it's a custom-created character, you lose a lot of what made the Witcher games so awesome - people knew Geralt by certain traits / attributes / deeds, etc. You can't write things like that into a story when the writer doesn't know what will or won't be regarding the character.

Last edited by a moderator:
just please, PLEASE take your time, I personally would wait as long as you need as long as the game comes out good.
I just hope they focus on story and not gimmicks. I could care less about the gimicky stuff that game developers are pushing rather than focus on quality story telling and immersion
Post automatically merged:

Can CDPR just promise to focus on the story and not flashy gimmicks? Every big studio has pumped out garbage lately that is all flash no substance and then is confused why it flops. If you're going to sink significant resources into a game, there needs to be master storytelling that immerses, not just pushing sales numbers. Put quality story first and the money will follow as people share their good experiences. Put the money/marketing first and the quality will lag and ultimately flop. I just hope CDPR remembers that number one a game is meant to be an art, not a cash grab.
Post automatically merged:

That kind of cuts to the heart of the issue, a custom character lacks personality which ruins the story they should be trying to tell. Foremost a single-player game should be telling a story in an immersive way and the benefit you get from "cool I made my own character look a certain way" isn't worth the loss of characterization and character arcs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom