A new trailer from TW2 coming soon!

+
onkl said:
While I think Triss looks cute, I'd have prefered more similarities with Triss from Witcher 1. Especially the new voice makes it seem as if she's a different character.
I agree on the voice. I thought the voice actress in TW1 had kind of a hard voice, which suited a sorceress who fought at Sodden and was adviser to Foltest and stuff like that. I mean, she's gorgeous and all, but this woman is not a cupcake. :) The new voice sounded less hard and more breathy, especially in "But Geralt found a way," which I thought didn't suit the character as well.But the voice acting might be just for the trailers; I think we can't judge the voice acting for the game until we see the actual game.
onkl said:
Great trailer and can't wait for the game! Go Triss!Can't help feeling a little sorry for the folks who tried to avoid the preview videos at the recent conferance so as not to get any advanced game info
Yeah. I didn't watch the conference video because I was trying to avoid spoilers, but I just wasn't strong enough to refrain from watching this one, too. :)

Everybody is talking about how cute, beautiful, hot etc. Triss is. Just in case you haven't noticed it yet: Geralt looks scrumptious and hot as well... I could succumb to him right away :p Anyone agree?Apart from Geralt's amazing look I also notice that the gameplay trailer is well done made to demonstrate the different ways one can finish this quest. Triss tells one way, Zoltan an other way. Cheers to the director :cheers:

PetraSilie said:
Everybody is talking about how cute, beautiful, hot etc. Triss is. Just in case you haven't noticed it yet: Geralt looks scrumptious and hot as well... I could succumb to him right away :p Anyone agree?
Well, since he looks like he's been severely beaten, at the moment he brings out my mothering instincts. I want to wash the blood off of him and put some ointment on his back, followed by some ice, and give him a place to rest. (There are reasons why I tend to identify with Shani. :) ) Of course, they do say that witchers heal quickly, so maybe afterwards.... :)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Everybody is talking about how cute, beautiful, hot etc. Triss is. Just in case you haven't noticed it yet: Geralt looks scrumptious and hot as well... I could succumb to him right away :p Anyone agree?
Well, since he looks like he's been severely beaten, at the moment he brings out my mothering instincts. I want to wash the blood off of him and put some ointment on his back, followed by some ice, and give him a place to rest. (There are reasons why I tend to identify with Shani. :) ) Of course, they do say that witchers heal quickly, so maybe afterwards.... :)
hahaha great ;)

Corylea said:
But the voice acting might be just for the trailers; I think we can't judge the voice acting for the game until we see the actual game.
That's what I thought. In the new trailer, Triss doesn't have the same voice as she has in the early combat trailer on Gamespot, which sounds like the original voice artist. I prefer her for the reasons you already listed (and because she was great as Faith in Mirror's Edge), though the actor in the current trailer did a good job.Btw, love the new avatar. It made me laugh when I realized that you'd changed it.

chlong7 said:
Btw, love the new avatar. It made me laugh when I realized that you'd changed it.
*smile* Thanks. I'll be back to my usual Shani avatar in a few days, but I wanted to celebrate the new video. :)If anybody else wants the glowing-eyed-Triss picture, I've uploaded it here.

chlong7 said:
chlong7 said:
But the voice acting might be just for the trailers; I think we can't judge the voice acting for the game until we see the actual game.
That's what I thought. In the new trailer, Triss doesn't have the same voice as she has in the early combat trailer on Gamespot, which sounds like the original voice artist. I prefer her for the reasons you already listed (and because she was great as Faith in Mirror's Edge), though the actor in the current trailer did a good job.
Good to hear that I'm not alone on the voice. Let's hope they still have time to consider it.Also thanks for the Faith hint. Never noticed they had the same voice. Love both characters.

@Corylea: Thanks for the image link! Not sure whether I will use it; I like being a blank. Still, it's a great capture!@onkl: You're welcome. Her name is Jules de Jongh. You can find her in TW1 credits for English-language voice talent, though the roles aren't specified. She's great as both Triss and Faith! (I still need to be fair to the artist in the new trailer: she did a good job. She's just not what I think of when I think of Triss.)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
While I think Triss looks cute, I'd have prefered more similarities with Triss from Witcher 1. Especially the new voice makes it seem as if she's a different character.
I agree on the voice. I thought the voice actress in TW1 had kind of a hard voice, which suited a sorceress who fought at Sodden and was adviser to Foltest and stuff like that. I mean, she's gorgeous and all, but this woman is not a cupcake. :) The new voice sounded less hard and more breathy, especially in "But Geralt found a way," which I thought didn't suit the character as well.But the voice acting might be just for the trailers; I think we can't judge the voice acting for the game until we see the actual game.
Corylea said:
Great trailer and can't wait for the game! Go Triss!Can't help feeling a little sorry for the folks who tried to avoid the preview videos at the recent conferance so as not to get any advanced game info
Yeah. I didn't watch the conference video because I was trying to avoid spoilers, but I just wasn't strong enough to refrain from watching this one, too. :)
Can't say a thing about the voice - I played only the russian version of the W1, but I have to notice, that the voice of the actress in the trailer is very similar to "russian Triss", so I was happy X))) But the absolute leader is Zoltan!!! LOVED his voice, the accent totally suits him -____-

eskiMoe said:
eskiMoe said:
But the absolute leader is Zoltan!!! LOVED his voice, the accent totally suits him -____-
I concur.. Scottish accent ftw! ^^
I LOVE Scottish accents; I hope the dwarves will all have them in TW2. I had a very bad experience with a Scotsman, and I STILL love Scottish accents, so you know they're compelling. :)

Corylea said:
I had a very bad experience with a Scotsman, and I STILL love Scottish accents, so you know they're compelling. :)
Lol. One can only wonder what that means. And I agree, Zoltan and all the English vo's sound much improved, even to the point that I might play in English this time rather than Polish....I dunno, Geralts Polish voice is just perfect for him...

Corylea said:
I had a very bad experience with a Scotsman, and I STILL love Scottish accents, so you know they're compelling. :)
The first thing that came to my mind after reading your post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsL3QkA97nE&feature=watch_response:D

Nk3dWch3r said:
Can't say a thing about the voice - I played only the russian version of the W1, but I have to notice, that the voice of the actress in the trailer is very similar to "russian Triss", so I was happy X))) But the absolute leader is Zoltan!!! LOVED his voice, the accent totally suits him -____-
I think you're right about Triss's voice in the trailer. I replayed the prologue in Russian w/ English subtitles just to see if I could hear what you were hearing, and at first I didn't get it. By the end, though, I could say that she does seem more like the Triss of the new trailer than the English voice for Triss in the game. Her voice is pleasant but relatively high in pitch, which makes her sound young, though the actress is very good and avoids sounding childish. The English in-game Triss has a lower voice that makes her sound a little more mature, not older exactly, but rather as if experience has made her a bit sadder.Zoltan absolutely rocks! In TW1, in the new trailer, just in general. Everyone was noticing that Triss and Geralt look great, but I think Zoltan is the big winner. He's cuddly and bad*** at the same time.

Yeah, but if we speak of improved models I think the winner is Dandelion - he looked way worse in the W1... By the way, you should try to listen to the russian voice of Geralt too :) Maybe that's my stereotype as of a russian, but I think that "russian Geralt" (Vladimir Zaycev) sounds better than english (especially the part when you protect Abygail from Oddo, Haren and the priest)

chlong7 said:
Zoltan absolutely rocks! In TW1, in the new trailer, just in general. Everyone was noticing that Triss and Geralt look great, but I think Zoltan is the big winner. He's cuddly and bad@ss at the same time.
He is! I'm a big Zoltan fan, and I'm really happy that he'll be in TW2. A couple of years ago now (my, how time flies!), the women on the forum had a thread called something like "cards you wish were in the game." Of course Geralt's was the card most often wished for. :) But lots of people wanted Yaevinn's card, and all of the other witchers had fans who wanted their cards. I said that I wanted Zoltan's card and people laughed. Yeah, he doesn't have "Hollywood hero" written all over him, but he seems like he knows how to have a good time. I figure joie de vivre beats a pretty face any day. :)
chlong7 said:
chlong7 said:
The first thing that came to my mind after reading your post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsL3QkA97nE&feature=watch_response
Thanks for the link!

Nk3dWch3r said:
Yeah, but if we speak of improved models I think the winner is Dandelion - he looked way worse in the W1... By the way, you should try to listen to the russian voice of Geralt too :) Maybe that's my stereotype as of a russian, but I think that "russian Geralt" (Vladimir Zaycev) sounds better than english (especially the part when you protect Abygail from Oddo, Haren and the priest)
Nice idea to have fun until W2 come out :)

Songlian said:
Songlian said:
Heh, they seemed to have taken a cue from DA2's 'story tellers' aspect for this trailer.
Am I the only one who took that as a joke on BioWare? Triss being Cassandra and Zoltan being Varric?It has to be. Projekt RED aren't copy cats.
We started making this trailer before GC (it was supposed to be shown there) and when Jasiek came back from Cologne and said: "Hey, you know what?! DA2 has a woman and a dwarf talkin about main hero..."And I was like: "WHUUUUT?! You`re kidding, right?!"So yeah... it`s pure coincidence. Mayba hard to believe, but yeah. Similar situation was with Mass Effect 2 and Triss` shield. Our story was written and cutscenes were made way before ME2. But we`ve shown it after ME2 was reliesed, to it looks like we were inspired or sth.You could say many things about us, but we`re not that stupid to take stuff from other games:)

reanimathor said:
reanimathor said:
reanimathor said:
Heh, they seemed to have taken a cue from DA2's 'story tellers' aspect for this trailer.
Am I the only one who took that as a joke on BioWare? Triss being Cassandra and Zoltan being Varric?It has to be. Projekt RED aren't copy cats.
We started making this trailer before GC (it was supposed to be shown there) and when Jasiek came back from Cologne and said: "Hey, you know what?! DA2 has a woman and a dwarf talkin about main hero..."And I was like: "WHUUUUT?! You`re kidding, right?!"So yeah... it`s pure coincidence. Mayba hard to believe, but yeah. Similar situation was with Mass Effect 2 and Triss` shield. Our story was written and cutscenes were made way before ME2. But we`ve shown it after ME2 was reliesed, to it looks like we were inspired or sth.You could say many things about us, but we`re not that stupid to take stuff from other games:)
So its just for the trailer, right? Or will that aspect be in the game as well?

slimgrin said:
So its just for the trailer, right? Or will that aspect be in the game as well?
I think.. no, I know, that this was done only for marketing purpose. As same as the guard from last seconds of the video (awesome job with that :beer:).

Top Bottom