A Night To Remember CGI trailer.

+
After watching the trailer, It renewed my desire to see a cgi Witcher Television show like Game of Thrones or a Film. CGi or animated so that Doug Cockle can provide the voice for geralt. There can be no other way, have to have Cockle's voice. Cd Projekt have to make it or be involved in it in some capacity due to the amazing storytelling and attention to detail they show for this series. I'm a GoT fan but I like the world of the Witcher so much more. The books were amazing and I can't see why people aren't beating down doors to make a Witcher show. Maybe on Netflix, I think they would do it justice and I would rather have it all released at once like a 13 hour movie rather than have to wait week to week to see what happens next.... Great trailer. Keep up the great work.:yes:

Hey, I don't know if it has been addressed yet, but could anyone type out the lyric of that little tune sung by the bruxa (I assume) at the beginning and the end? English is not my first language and it gets difficult for me when it is in a song.

Hey, I don't know if it has been addressed yet, but could anyone type out the lyric of that little tune sung by the bruxa (I assume) at the beginning and the end? English is not my first language and it gets difficult for me when it is in a song.

I know how difficult songs are to understand in foreign languages. After some work myself, as it's not even that easy to understand in native English, I've come up with the following (others have posted the lyrics elsewhere, but here's my take):

Wolves asleep amidst the trees,
Bats all a-swaying in the breeze,
But one soul lies anxious, wide awake,
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags, and wraiths.

Birds are silent, fallen night,
Cows turned in, as daylight dies,
But one soul lies anxious, wide awake,
For the Witcher, brave and bold, paid in coin of gold,
He'll chop and slice you, gut and dice you, eat you up whole,
Eat you whole.

Is this song just made up for this CGI? Because it has some nods to W1 and books. (Blacklist, witcher not taking such a contract) So perhaps the song is from the books or somewhere?

I went looking for the Polish version and found it was the same as the English but with Polish subtitles:

"W gęstwie wilk u śiony leży
Wiatr kołysze nietoperze
Tylko ty jedna nie śpisz, strachem zdjęta
Bo cie dręczy upiór, ghul, wiedźma prazeklęta

Ptaki milkną o zachodzie
śpi już bydło w zagrodzie
Tylko ty jedna nie śpisz, strachem zdjęta
Bo wiedźmin cię dopadnie i spęta
Za trzos złota obetnie główkę, rączęta
Pokroi na kawałki, na okruszki
Nie zostanie nic z mej duszki
Przydie wiedźmin i cię zje

I cię zje"

There might be mistakes because I do not speak Polish.

Just wondering, witchers do take on contracts for Alphs, and maybe even Bruxas so if witchers were unwilling to take that contract before...does that mean she was a high vampire?

Just wondering, witchers do take on contracts for Alphs, and maybe even Bruxas so if witchers were unwilling to take that contract before...does that mean she was a high vampire?

It could be that she's a particularly difficult case, or all Bruxa/Alphs are that difficult and the pay wasn't high enough. I think she's either and Alph or a Bruxa or on the same tier as those types of vampires. But you could be right, though.

She is definitely a high vampire, and not necessarily a bruxa. It means that she was unhealthily addicted to blood, since normal high vampires don't need it for sustenance.

Your lyrics are wrong. Poetic, but not what the singer says.

I find that rather rude. I am a native English-speaker, and have an ear for accents and pronunciation in English. I listened very carefully, several times, to each line, with volume at high, and transcribed exactly what I heard. I admit that the woman singing does not annunciate every word well, and some words are difficult to decipher, but I think my lyrics are much closer than the nonsense subtitles in the last posted clip.

That made me empathize with the supposed bad guy (woman)..and made me wonder if she is really troubling the townspeople.
She probably was. Otherwise she wouldn't have transformed in order not to provoke Geralt. Also the way she said "things like me?" suggests that she was well aware of the problem.

My guess is that she became too obsessed with blood like a drug addict, so she couldn't stop, eventually causing town people to hire the witcher.

---------- Updated at 02:47 AM ----------

The song is sad, and sounds like a vampire lullaby, which is suggested also by the doll she finds. It's something that vampires could sing to their children:

Wolves asleep amidst the trees,
Bats all are swaying in the breeze,
But one soul lies anxious wide awake,
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths

Birds are silent for the night,
Cows turned in as daylight dies,
But one soul lies anxious wide awake,
For the witcher brave and bold, paid in coin of gold,
He'll chop and slice you, gut and dice you, eat you up whole,
Eat you whole."

(Text reconstructed by @Neudd).

Last edited:
I find that rather rude. I am a native English-speaker, and have an ear for accents and pronunciation in English. I listened very carefully, several times, to each line, with volume at high, and transcribed exactly what I heard. I admit that the woman singing does not annunciate every word well, and some words are difficult to decipher, but I think my lyrics are much closer than the nonsense subtitles in the last posted clip.

Listened again, and aside from 'paid coin or gold', I think you are more accurate. Wasn't trying to be rude. Feel the cold of my STEEL.

/inside joke.

I have mixed feelings about it. I mean the CGI quality was one othe the best, just outstanding - almost real life - like. But.... the music IMO was kinda off, all those over the top slow-mo shots were also kinda lame in my opinion. It kinda tried to be a Witcher 1 intro-like, but for me it didn't delivered the quality of that intro.Also why they changed Geralt's face so much in this trailer?? I hated it...
It was okay trailer but nowhere as good as "Killing Mosters" trailer IMO. That one had great atmosphere, dialogues, epic action and absolute badass ending that made you feel and think "wow".

Last edited:
Top Bottom