A Night To Remember CGI trailer.

+
To the lore experts here. Some suggested, that the main character of the story is listed as bruxa in the Gwent cards. Is it correct? I didn't play the game yet, so I can't verify. It would be strange if she is IMHO.

Why it would be strange? She is a vampire some sort. In the Witchers universe Bruxa is most dangerous one.

She doesn't use sonic scream in the video by that can be for various reasons.

Last edited:
I do believe it was mentioned it was a Bruxa. Just don't remember where I read it.

---------- Updated at 03:19 AM ----------

Why it would be strange? She is a vampire some sort. In the Witchers universe Bruxa is most dangerous one.

I'd consider the type of vampire that Regis was to be more powerful tbh.

I do believe it was mentioned it was a Bruxa. Just don't remember where I read it.

---------- Updated at 03:19 AM ----------

I'd consider the type of vampire that Regis is to be more powerful tbh.

We don't really know what type of vampire was Regis he was never classified, we only know that he was higher vampire.

He definitely wasn't a Bruxa though. :p

Hard to tell, we only meet Bruxa one time in the first book.

-Are you moola?
she smiled
-Alp?
smile
- Bruxa! yells Gerald (you can tell he is starting to panic)

And Regis never talks about himself, to he likes to talk.

But both of them can turn into a big bat if they want to and it's fullmoon outside.

That is about it. :p

Last edited:
The Bruxa that Geralt fights in the short story A Grain of Truth turns into a bat.

Been a while since I read the short stories. Still, from the wide variety of higher vampires out there, I still think bruxae are strictly female. Regis could be a Nosferat or something along the lines.

No, bruxae are higher vampires, but not the high vampires (like Regis). See the World of the Witcher, chapter on vampires there. She can become invisible and resist metal (even silver) which are qualities of the high vampires, but not of bruxae. Plus as was said before, she doesn't use the screaming attack.

---------- Updated at 09:58 PM ----------

Yeah, I'd be interested in a source. So far from the World of the Witcher (and even without, just from the context) one can conclude that she is like Regis, i.e. a real high vampire and not a bruxa. It's also consistent with what she said that witcher would have never taken such a contract in the past.

Last edited:
The way I understood the hierarchy after reading Sapkowski's books is that both Bruxa and Regis fit in the category of higher vampires, the only distinction is that Bruxa are strictly female, while Regis was a male. Kinley knows his shit

This distinction is given in the World of the Witcher compendium. In the books it's also pointed out, that high vampires like Regis are separate from the rest (and really unique). But there isn't complete info on bruxae in the books really. I'm not sure why bruxae are supposed to be strictly female. Was it mentioned in the books? They are species, like others and should have both males and females (and high vampires as well as Regis pointed out).

Last edited:
They are species, like others and should have both males and females (and high vampires as well as Regis pointed out).

This is quite interesting. On what page does Regis talk about this? Does he strictly say Bruxae is a species? Perhaps Bruxa is simply a name for the female representatives of the higher vampires?

I meant Regis talks about high vampires having males and females and being born like other species. He didn't say anything about bruxae there to be clear. I can look it up. It's around the same place where he talks about vampires in general.

---------- Updated at 12:50 AM ----------

@adamgranato: It's in the beginning of chapter 7 (Baptism of Fire).

That is a real lady. The video is cinematic not a 3D cut scene

No, it's clearly a 3D rende* Wait a sec....I see what you've done there!... ;)

LOL, But seriously, I'd still like to know who the actress that the model was modeled/created after.

Bruxae, or not, she's still hot...'Cept when she's pissed...

Last edited:
Bruxae are strictly female. They are from Portuguese folklore, the name means "witch", presumably Sapkowski drew from there. Portuguese bruxae are sort of like rusalkas, appearing as beautiful women. They may bear children and eat them. The story told in the trailer is therefore both accurate and chilling.

Bruxae are strictly female. They are from Portuguese folklore, the name means "witch", presumably Sapkowski drew from there. Portuguese bruxae are sort of like rusalkas, appearing as beautiful women. They may bear children and eat them. The story told in the trailer is therefore both accurate and chilling.

In folklore it's one thing, but it's nowhere said in Sakpowski that they are strictly female. According to Regis vampires are like any other species, so it's naturally to expect that bruxae should have both genders (unless the word bruxa refers only to females of their species and there should be another term for males).

About distinction between bruxae and real high vampires see World of the Witcher compendium. It's quite clear from it that she is that rare high vampire, like Regis.

Last edited:
I don't think so with the bruxa, there's no restriction but no precedent either. I think that it's simply one possibility, if a woman becomes a vampire, she may become a bruxa.

But they should be born from vampire parents according to the lore, not become one (unless it's a special case like striga-like curse). That's quite explicit.

Top Bottom