A Night To Remember CGI trailer.

+
Out of curiosity, what do people find so appealing about the song? It doesn't do a thing for me, personally, but I'd be interested to see other appraisals.

I didn't understand half the words most of the time and I'm waiting for someone with keener ears to write them down (someone will, with all this hype lying around) so I can actually make a judgement. But overall I liked the fact it existed. As you know, I'm a lover of folktale-ish stuff and that sort of rhyme resonated with me on that level. I don't think there's that many representations of the Witcher that include those sorts of things. I did like the thematic elements in the final few lines, though I don't know if I agree with the exact choice of words since I don't actually know the context since everything else is just pretty wailing to me.

"Wolves asleep amidst the trees,

Bats all are swaying in the breeze,

But one soul lies anxious wide awake,

Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths"

"Birds are silent for the night,

Cows turned in as daylight dies,

But one soul lies anxious wide awake,

For the witcher brave and bold, paid in coin of gold,

He'll chop and slice you, gut and dice you, eat you up whole,

Eat you whole."

Whoops, there they are. I agree with the lyrics. 100%. Witchman Legendarium/10

Last edited:
Each to their own - music, poetry and rhymes some of us just enjoy some sounds more than others, the Reds may not be able to add the track so I will just have to listen via youtube. As to other appraisals there are enough on here and I don't feel I've anything to add to them.

Out of curiosity, what do people find so appealing about the song? It doesn't do a thing for me, personally, but I'd be interested to see other appraisals.
I think it's kind of endearing that it's a folk song about a witcher being sung by a monster, and Geralt himself recognizing it. It creates a sort of bond between the two before they start fighting. Also, The Witcher is the hero of the song, but at the same time it mentions how ruthlessly he can kill. Says a lot about the kind of world we're dealing with in this game.

Last edited:
I didn't understand half the words most of the time and I'm waiting for someone with keener ears to write them down (someone will, with all this hype lying around) so I can actually make a judgement. But overall I liked the fact it existed. As you know, I'm a lover of folktale-ish stuff and that sort of rhyme resonated with me on that level. I don't think there's that many representations of the Witcher that include those sorts of things. I did like the thematic elements in the final few lines, though I don't know if I agree with the exact choice of words since I don't actually know the context since everything else is just pretty wailing to me.
It's an old Witcher folk song tale like what you would tell to scare a child perhaps. I will listen to it again and write it down but someone may have already done it by the time I come back and post again.

Amazing cinematic trailer! :victory:

Oh dear... CDPR what are you doing to your fans? :p

Only a few days left and hype is still getting higher.

Fucking hell, that was just rubbing it in in Blizzard's face! xD Great trailer, amazing, no wonder, PI with Tomas Baginski are the masters of their craft.

It's an old Witcher folk song tale like what you would tell to scare a child perhaps. I will listen to it again and write it down but someone may have already done it by the time I come back and post again.

I figured that that's what it would be. THe lyrics are lying around in various posts in this thread now, and my now informed opinion is that it's pretty great, does exactly what I'd like it to.

Breaking with tradition? Ok i stand corrected, thanks.

Doesn't change the fact that this is one masterfully done piece of art.

You killed me with this incredible piece of art, guys. You really killed me (i don't know when i 'm gonna play this game; i wish i had to wait only 5 days more).
How am i going to sleep tonight?

Thank you for existing, RED team.

Top Bottom