A Night To Remember CGI trailer.

+
WE FUCKING NEEED that lullaby in The Witcher 3!!!!

We need it, neeed it , neeeeeeeeeeed iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt!!!

:D :D :D :D

Uhhhh as far as i remember, black blood does not "burn" the body of the vampire, "just" poisen him
slowing him down making the vampire weaker to deal the final blow.
I don't think that she burned in the sun or from the poison. Vampires are commonly rendered into rotting husks when killed in fiction.

Could be different effect on different species. I.e. acid like.

I think that Black Blood potion was indeed what burned her. You can see her "smoking" from the wounds when she tries to run. On top of that, that single droplet of blood dripping from Geralt's nose and burning the ground is basically telling you what this is going to do. So yeah, i don't think it's the sunlight (high vampires are immune anyway), nor the quickened decomposition of the body. You can even see the torso isnt burned, or rotten, It looks like acid burn some parts burned heavier that others.

I don't think that she burned in the sun or from the poison. Vampires are commonly rendered into rotting husks when killed in fiction.

Not in Sapkowski's fiction. They aren't undead. They are just other species.

---------- Updated at 04:01 AM ----------

I think that Black Blood potion was indeed what burned her. You can see her "smoking" from the wounds when she tries to run.

Yes, and her wounds were smoking before the sun came out.

Last edited:
Not in Sapkowski's fiction. They aren't undead. They are just other species.
I know that they are not undead in The Witcher's universe, but that doesn't mean they can't be mistaken as such. Taking the appearance of a rotting corpse can be a defense mechanism, so that the vampire can regenerate in peace, or the natural effect of the creature's inhuman metabolism. Vampires also aren't harmed by sunlight in Sapkowski's fiction.

PS: it could also be a warning "lullaby" since humans have similar storys :D if you don' t
behave the black man comes and ll get you.

"Comes for you after paid in gold (to kill and to gut you)" sounds very suggestive and kind of not to the point for human children, but much more fitting for vampire children. Witchers were viewed by people as scary freaks, but not as cold killers.

Plus such kind of scary lullaby would cause freaking nightmares to human children, it's not exactly "if you don't behave the bogeyman will take you". It's much more intense.

Last edited:
@RivenII

Since you like your OWN lyrics with this:

How about my "modulation" ? :D :D

But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manners of spoilers, insider and DOWNGRADE

:p :p This one is for my lovely REDs too ;) hope it gives you a little smirk

The child vampire lullaby makes sense, as Gilrond mentioned. I didn't realize that was lore in Sapkowski's fiction. Good lord the lonely. desperate atmosphere. So well done. I hope the game can capture a fraction of that feeling.

Indeed. That's the whole section where Regis dispels common misconceptions about vampires in the Baptism of Fire.

The atmosphere is bitter and contrasting hunting a monster with falling into monstrosity to hunt one, through the lullaby that portraits witchers as monsters themselves. It's very well done and very in Sapkowski's spirit.

I find Geralt's face more closer to my inmind Geralt from books. That thrill me because I've realized how CDPR has re-modeled my own imaginary characters. Perhaps that makes me feel shocked by the CGI, and love it very much.

Geralt really didn't look like Geralt either.
Geralt looks a bit different in every CGI trailer of TW3, so that didn't really bother me. In the shot at 1:27 he looks pretty much identical to his in-game appearance. Looking at all three CGI trailer, I think this might be my favorite version of Geralt. I think the hair and beard style in this one are perfect.

Top Bottom