"A Night to Remember" Quest DLC Request

+
"A Night to Remember" Quest DLC Request

I know CDPR is done with free DLC's already, but hear me out.

A while before Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was released, we were graced with this beautiful cinematic trailer:

It was awesome and it perfectly captures how epic and deadly a fight between a monster and Witcher can be. I believe this monster was a Bruxa and Witcher 3 lacks any such monster in the game. (and in previous games they were depicted as a lot more sillier)

Since they probably still have those recorded voices on some hard drive or whatever, why not give us a short DLC quest? (I mean, wouldn't it be awesome?)

Imagine it like this:

A mysterious women who claims to be a traveling master alchemist approaches you. She says her younger brother disappeared a week after arriving to this place and asks for Geralt's help. Geralt investigates and finds that several people has disappeared before (there is even a contract for it, but since last several people who accepted the contract never returned, they didn't bother to put it up on the board again) and her brother is not one of them, in fact she arrived at the village alone about a month ago and asked the people around a lot about the disappearances. After investigating it a while longer, Geralt find a dead body and concludes that it is a Bruxa that killed him. Then he confronts this mysterious women about her non-existing brother and learns that she knew about the Bruxa already and has her own reasons not to tell him, she claims that she just wanted to make sure Geralt was capable enough. She then tells Geralt that she has been searching for a Bruxa for a long time for an alchemical formula and she requires some fresh Bruxa blood and Bruxae teeth to complete it. She promises a handsome reward along with several favors but refuses to give any additional details. Geralt feels manipulated and doesn't like it, but decides to kill the Bruxa anyway, as it is what Witcher's do. After killing the Bruxa (as seen in the trailer, she is much stronger than any Bruxa than Geralt fought before) Geralt passes out and when he wakes up, he finds himself in the mysterious womens hut. She reveals that she needs these ingredients for an experimental alchemical formula, some sort of mutagenic potion that grants permanent vampiric powers to the one who drinks it, attempted only once before and it was a massive failure. She needs Geralt's help to complete it. Geralt can either talk her out of it, or he can try to help her complete it. (if it works, Geralt has a new ally, if it doesn't she turns into a monster and Geralt has to kill her.)

What do you guys think?

I think that this quest will most likely take place in the Blood and Wine expansion.

I am not so sure about that. Whole thing was created as a promotional trailer for Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and nothing more. And I would like it if it was included in the main game. In either case, I would be happy if it was included at all, if they add it to the expansion, that's still fine by me.

I am not so sure about that. Whole thing was created as a promotional trailer for Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and nothing more. And I would like it if it was included in the main game. In either case, I would be happy if it was included at all, if they add it to the expansion, that's still fine by me.
It's worth keeping in mind that CDPR has used a snapshot from this trailer to promote Blood and Wine.

Probably nothing to write home about, but interesting nonetheless.

It's worth keeping in mind that CDPR has used a snapshot from this trailer to promote Blood and Wine.

Probably nothing to write home about, but interesting nonetheless.

I believe I saw something resembling that, but it seemed a bit random. (It seemed more like "hey, we have this cool looking picture, lets use it.") Since when they made the promotional snapshot, they probably weren't yet working on Blood and Wine. But I can always be wrong. I hope this quest will be a part of one of the expansions. (If not, please make a DLC out of it CDPR! That trailer was sooooooo freaking cooool! YEEEAAAHHH!)

I believe I saw something resembling that, but it seemed a bit random. (It seemed more like "hey, we have this cool looking picture, lets use it.") Since when they made the promotional snapshot, they probably weren't yet working on Blood and Wine. But I can always be wrong. I hope this quest will be a part of one of the expansions. (If not, please make a DLC out of it CDPR! That trailer was sooooooo freaking cooool! YEEEAAAHHH!)
Indeed, which is why I said it's not much to go on. Still worth considering, however.

i think it'd be better if that contract takes place in the first expansion, because it could be better developed and lengthy, instead of just a 10 minuts dlc, where you kill the monster and take the reward, and that's it, in the expansion, that contract can have more content, characters, places, cutscenes/ cinematics, etc

i think it'd be better if that contract takes place in the first expansion, because it could be better developed and lengthy, instead of just a 10 minuts dlc, where you kill the monster and take the reward, and that's it, in the expansion, that contract can have more content, characters, places, cutscenes/ cinematics, etc

It really doesn't require new places, just a place that is similar enough to the place in the trailer and even though I didn't play it, as far as I know, those free DLC quests does have new characters and cutscenes and so on, and thats all something like this needs, really. A good quest with a great story, nothing more.

I agree with the OP. But, I think that they can make a CGI movie. Watch the trailer, see how lifelike it is? That would make an awesome movie. It could start with this, then do something like 2 months before.... and start the back story about how Geralt got to this place.

Top Bottom