A note about preorder and TW2 editions from CD Projekt RED

+
callofstalker said:
Hi, i am planning to pre-order the CE from http://www.sendit.com/home.dept but i can't see it on your list of pre-order available shops, is it possible that i can encounter a problem if i pre-order from there?
Don't think so. The list they made on the main site it's just a summury of most popular\common sites where you can find it. Of course the CE can be pre ordered\bought from everywhere it is available. Just choose the one you like most and also, mind to the DLC the promise you (in case you prefer to have one or another).

callofstalker said:
Hi, i am planning to pre-order the CE from http://www.sendit.com/home.dept but i can't see it on your list of pre-order available shops, is it possible that i can encounter a problem if i pre-order from there?
There is a list?Well, if they offer, I don't see why it should be a problem. Did you use the shop before and everything went well?Hm, it looks exactly like the Zavvi site, maybe they are the same seller and I've ordered from them a couple of times and they were okay. They also don't charge for shipping.

GuyN039wah said:
GuyN039wah said:
Well, I guess those 20,000+ multi-million law suits brought against individual file sharers by the RIAA, some of them for sharing as little as 20 songs, and including a deceased 70 year old grandmother, are just figments of my imagination, and CNN's imagination as well.... oh well.
RIAA did not file "20,000+ multi-million lawsuits". That's baloney. It's FUD perpetraded by longtime freeloaders with an axe to grind against anyone who would interfere with their freeloading.RIAA did make threats against a large number of small-time freeloaders, but sued only one. More to my point, they sued a number of Kazaa members who had pirated thousands of titles, but settled most of these for less than $3,000. The high-dollar suits were against Phynd, Flatlan, Usenet, AllOfMP3, XM Satellite Radio, Project Playlist, and Limewire for piracy or operating networks for the purpose of promoting piracy. Phynd settled out of court and ceased operation.Flatlan ceased operation.RIAA won the case against Usenet.AllOfMP3 won the case, in a Russian court (unsurprisingly, considering the degree of institutionalized piracy in Russia).XM Satellite Radio settled out of court.Project Playlist agreed to license content from EMI and Sony, after being banned from Myspace and Facebook. The requirement to pay royalties bankrupted the company, which continues to operate in Chapter 11.RIAA won the case against Limewire.
I am going to stop right here. I could offer you links, many links to bona fide news organization stories, but I guess they are all lying. I guess you work for either the RIAA or the MIAA or whatever other AA is out there.Myself, I work in the digital world. I am a unix engineer. That's what I know... code, how things get compiled; encryption,protocols, how things break things and how things prevent other things from being broken... and that's why I can say DRM doesn't prevent what makers of the DRM say it does... it's a big digital world out there...Have a good one.

I am tired of being misunderstood, so this is my last word on the subject as well.I know just as well as you that every DRM system yet devised is easily breakable. I do not dispute that. I have never disputed that. Frankly, I don't even care about that, and my argument is that it does not even matter.The statement that a publisher makes when they place DRM on a copyrighted work is not "you can't break this". Everybody knows better than that.The statement that a publisher makes is "break this, and we will hunt you down, sue you for every penny you're worth, and put you in prison." This is because the act of breaking DRM for the purpose of piracy is illegal in and of itself, no matter how easy it is to carry out. That is why I say the ease of breaking DRM does not matter.A more concrete example might be useful.If I leave my door unlocked or even wide open, you may take that as a sign that I do not object to your entering my home. If you do so, you have committed no crime. (But if you take something from me, you have committed theft.)If I put a lock on my door and give you a key, it is the same to you as if I left my door unlocked.But if I put a lock on my door, even if it is a flimsy lock that anybody with a bolt cutter could cut right through, and you cut my lock and enter my home, you have already committed burglary. Even if you take nothing from me, you have already committed a crime, and you may be caught and punished.It is the same way with DRM as it is with locks. A publisher who releases a work unprotected into a field where piracy is rampant is as reckless as a householder who leaves his home unlocked in a neighborhood where theft is rampant. But if he takes at least some minimal steps to safeguard his property, such as imposing DRM or locking his door, both he and the police have more useful recourse against the pirate or the burglar.

Do the Spanish who want to buy The richest Collector `s Edition as may ever get? because this edition is not distributed in Spain.Many Spanish people who supported and bought the witcher first ed. distributed collector in Spain are offended.We also want to enjoy the content The Collector `s Edition richest ever in our language

eternosable said:
Do the Spanish who want to buy The richest Collector `s Edition as may ever get? because this edition is not distributed in Spain.Many Spanish people who supported and bought the witcher first ed. distributed collector in Spain are offended.We also want to enjoy the content The Collector `s Edition richest ever in our language
You can order from Amazon.co.uk. They apparently even ship for free to Spain.

According to the FAQ, the CE version of the game is supposed to include 2 DLC's. I ordered from Gamestop and noticed on their website that it only mentions the Roche jacket DLC. Does anyone have any idea what the other included DLC is?

I was going to preorder a CE but sendit doesn't send it outside the UK, anyone knows of a seller which sends outside the UK(need English version)?

callofstalker said:
I was going to preorder a CE but sendit doesn't send it outside the UK, anyone knows of a seller which sends outside the UK(need English version)?
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-collectors-edition/10289734.html

Mabelrode said:
According to the FAQ, the CE version of the game is supposed to include 2 DLC's. I ordered from Gamestop and noticed on their website that it only mentions the Roche jacket DLC. Does anyone have any idea what the other included DLC is?
I don't know. My assumption is that they'll give us the DLC from the premium edition. I called the store. They didn't know. They told me to call Atari. Atari doesn't have phones for customer service. When I ordered the CE online, I put in the request in the "gift" section. Haha. It probably did me no good to do so. I hope that I didn't order it too late to get the second DLC.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-collectors-edition/10289734.html
Found this one: http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-collectors-edition/10289734.html thank you for helping.

callofstalker said:
callofstalker said:
callofstalker said:
Found this one: http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-collectors-edition/10289734.html thank you for helping.
You're welcome. They are the same company anyway. :)

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
You're welcome. They are the same company anyway. :)
Since all three of them are part of the hut group it is kind of strange that sendit doesn't send it outside the UK but the other two do. Anyway, as long as they send my game that is ok with me.Edit: Neither TheHut nor Sendit sends the CE outside of the UK and i doubt zavvi sends it either since they all are part of the hut group.

callofstalker said:
Edit: Neither TheHut nor Sendit sends the CE outside of the UK and i doubt zavvi sends it either since they all are part of the hut group.
How do you know that TheHut does not send the CE outside of UK? Checked my preorder yesterday and it's still valid...

ShivaSi said:
ShivaSi said:
Edit: Neither TheHut nor Sendit sends the CE outside of the UK and i doubt zavvi sends it either since they all are part of the hut group.
How do you know that TheHut does not send the CE outside of UK? Checked my preorder yesterday and it's still valid...
Thank you for placing your order with us. I am sorry but due to courrier restrictions we are unable to ship The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Collectors Edition outside of the UK, therefore your order has been cancelled. No money has been taken from your card. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.Sent by: You. 04 May 2011, 11:33Is it that you can't ship the game as a pre-order or you can't ship it even after the release?Sent by: TheHut.com. 04 May 2011, 14:39This is also after the release date, Due to the size and weight we are unable to ship this item outside the UK.Apologies again for any inconvenience.RegardsKristyThat's how i know it. Sorry for the disappointment you'll have.

callofstalker said:
[...]That's how i know it. Sorry for the disappointment you'll have.
Thanks for the info. I've also asked them directly, hope I'll still have a chance to grab the CE.Meanwhile, I believe CDRedProject would make more money if they would open an online store with all the collectible items (gee, I would love a D&D minis of Gerald!)

Check carefully ShivaSi: sellers may be tricky in a matter like this.On amazon you are automatically stop in purching an item when it is not shipped to your country. On ebay, you have to ask to sellers every time. Don't know about the rest.

By ordering from GOG.com, you’ll be giving practically 100% of your money to the company creating the game.
I'd love to do that.But if I buy TW2 from GOG, will the German version still include English audio + text as the boxed edition does? I can't find any details about this on GOG... If they have 1-language packs of TW2 only, GOG is not for me...

Top Bottom