A note about preorder and TW2 editions from CD Projekt RED

+
PaulieXP said:
Well I'll definitely be buying the collectors edition (will pre-order tomorrow), but the one thing that I'm sad about is there will be no medallion this time.. I missed the collectors edition of the first game so I was really hoping I'd get lucky with this one.
Well the game is still w.i.p. so it is possible that CDP will add or remove something... :)Anyway, I think they made this choice in order to give no duplicate to those who bought the EE. I mean: if you both have TW EE ad TW2 CE, what's the point of having "two" witcher's medallions? I guess they should have think something like this..... *mumble*It's not excluded also that a medallion may be put in a second edition of TW2, perhaps when the DLC will be available..... *shrug

secondchildren said:
Anyway, I think they made this choice in order to give no duplicate to those who bought the EE. I mean: if you both have TW EE ad TW2 CE, what's the point of having "two" witcher's medallions? It's not excluded also that a medallion may be put in a second edition of TW2, perhaps when the DLC will be available..... *shrug
Nope. There was no medallion in the EE, or else I would have one. I'd know that because I'd love to have one. :) AFAIK there was only a Polish special edition with the medallion, very small batch.I dunno if this is a stupid question because I completely misunderstood, but how would you download a physical item?But still, maybe you're onto something here...maybe they don't include the medallion because they know that almost every fan wants to have it, but they want to promote the digital sale. Understandably, yet... *scratches head*

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
Anyway, I think they made this choice in order to give no duplicate to those who bought the EE. I mean: if you both have TW EE ad TW2 CE, what's the point of having "two" witcher's medallions? It's not excluded also that a medallion may be put in a second edition of TW2, perhaps when the DLC will be available..... *shrug
Nope. There was no medallion in the EE, or else I would have one. I'd know that because I'd love to have one. :) AFAIK there was only a Polish special edition with the medallion, very small batch.
Really? So I don't remind well I guess.....
I dunno if this is a stupid question because I completely misunderstood, but how would you download a physical item?But still, maybe you're onto something here...maybe they don't include the medallion because they know that almost every fan wants to have it, but they want to promote the digital sale. Understandably, yet... *scratches head*
Well I wonder myself the same. But since we've a huge Geralt's head inside, I think it's the same problem. Plus a head is even more "heavy" to download. No DSL connection can compete. Can you imagine how many hours should it take? LOL XD

secondchildren said:
...But since we've a huge Geralt's head inside, I think it's the same problem.
No, it's not the same, because people want the medallion, not the bust. I claim that it's a lot easier to forego getting the bust in favour of the digital edition than it would be the medallion.~°~°~But I've been thinking on another issue and I wonder why I never hear other people complain about it, everybody seems to just accept it without thinking about it twice:Why aren't digital editions cheaper than actual packages with dvd's, artbooks etc.?Why do they cost the exact same price than the regular retail editions? The bonus content is already there, no additional costs for pdf artbooks or maps because they don't need to be printed, no dvd's and cd's pressed. They take up some space on the servers and some additional traffic, but that's not enough to justify the high price, because putting together a nice box with loads of stuff in it is much more expensive. Now, Gog.com try to rectify it somewhat by giving a away an additional game and state "Since the EU price is almost $16 more than the price in USD, we’re giving our EU customers a $16 credit to purchase anything on GOG.com."That's nice. But what if one already has all the games off the list that he has any interest in and doesn't want any of the others? Then you basically give away some $25. Then it doesn't taste quite as good anymore.Are there laws that prohibit to undercut retail prices? Or do resellers just charge whatever they think customers will pay without questioning?

secondchildren said:
...But since we've a huge Geralt's head inside, I think it's the same problem.
No, it's not the same, because people want the medallion, not the bust. I claim that it's a lot easier to forego getting the bust in favour of the digital edition than it would be the medallion.~°~°~But I've been thinking on another issue and I wonder why I never hear other people complain about it, everybody seems to just accept it without thinking about it twice:Why aren't digital editions cheaper than actual packages with dvd's, artbooks etc.?Why do they cost the exact same price than the regular retail editions? The bonus content is already there, no additional costs for pdf artbooks or maps because they don't need to be printed, no dvd's and cd's pressed. They take up some space on the servers and some additional traffic, but that's not enough to justify the high price, because putting together a nice box with loads of stuff in it is much more expensive. So I don't get it.Now, Gog.com try to rectify it somewhat by giving a away an additional game and state "Since the EU price is almost $16 more than the price in USD, we’re giving our EU customers a $16 credit to purchase anything on GOG.com."That's nice. But what if one already has all the games off the list that he has any interest in and doesn't want any of the others? Then you basically give away some $25. Then it doesn't taste quite as good anymore.Are there laws that prohibit to undercut retail prices? Or do resellers just charge whatever they think customers will pay without questioning?I've been waiting on digital distribution of games becoming reasonably priced, once the system has gained it's footing on the market. But the opposite seems to have happened. Customers seem to have been convinced that it is so much more convenient to download their games and that convenience is what they pay for. In some instances even more than at the shop (which has to pay for rent, insurance, personnel...). I recently bought a game (release day) in a box from Amazon for €37. The same game is available digitally for €45 (which equals $60!). At least when I try to buy from my location in Germany, because it's only £30 (~€35) when you visit the same shop from the UK. That seems very arbitrary to me. And to me a digital edition is still inferior, by the way.Am I missing all the relevant facts here or why don't I get it?Why not sell the digital edition for €5 less? That would make the decision in favour of the digital edition a lot easier, methinks. So more sales would mean more overall income for CDPR, no?I guess I'll go for the digital version because of the DRM and to give the money to the right company. But I still have that nagging feeling, it'll get cheaper on Amazon and I wouldn't have to think I gave away money, while I worry how to put some food on my table.

I'm with you. Seeing the physical release for 28€ on Amazon UK, the download price doesn't feel right.I appreciate the decision to go without DRM and I'd realy like to give 100% of the money to CDR, but this seems like too much of a difference.And convenience can't be an argument here. I'd even say, ordering on Amazon and receiving the box 2days later is much more convenient, especially for pre-ordering.

I hate big boxes. I don't have much space left in my room. I have more than 80 games.What I want is an edition with the same size of the enhanced edition of the witcher I.They have to look good together. :D

onkl said:
I'm with you. Seeing the physical release for 28€ on Amazon UK, the download price doesn't feel right.
Ouch! Hadn't even seen that. Premium Edition for £25, even with quite high shipping costs, it's only €37 in the end. Now this is really a tough decision. I'll wait a while yet and maybe Gog will think about it some more. That is, if they get some tender pressure from the customers who want to order with them... *hinthint*.

For me, it boils down to what I think is more important.I generally prefer to have a physical copy. There have been too many hard drive failures, computer upgrades and reinstalls of all my software for me to really enjoy downloading content, but...I firmly believe CDProjekt deserves as much profit from the game as they can get from each sale and I loathe giving any money at all to Atari, So I'm DLing from GOG, but since I really need a physical copy, I will do what I can to get a physical copy that is from the UK or bite the bullet and grant Atari their small amount after making sure CDP has at least received one full measure from my coffers.

I'm curious if the packaging for the Premium edition will be the same in all countries as it was shown in the press conference. For the TWEE, The UK edition was set up similar to what was shown for TW2 Premium with individual DVD cases and all guides/manuals printed out, with everything put into a nice slip case. However in the U.S., the TWEE was sold retail in a double width DVD box with smaller versions of the guide and short story printed with the game manual shipped as a PDF . In addition, the map was also smaller with lower quality paper. Not a big deal, but the UK packaging was superior enough for me to order an imported version so I didn't feel like I was getting second best. My concern is that the US publisher will use these cost cutting measures again with TW2 Premium and this same packaging will find it's way into the Collector's edition here in the states. Personally, I feel everyone's game should be shipped with the packaging shown in the press conference regardless of where you live, but if it's going to happen, I feel those who ordered the collector's edition should get the better packaging as it was shown. I know this is nitpicking, but if I'm paying $130 I want the best available.

i will pre-order it through GOG as well as thank you for great game that TW is and to CDPR for DRM free (tho i dont care about it rly)

evmiller said:
I'm curious if the packaging for the Premium edition will be the same in all countries as it was shown in the press conference. For the TWEE, The UK edition was set up similar to what was shown for TW2 Premium with individual DVD cases and all guides/manuals printed out, with everything put into a nice slip case. However in the U.S., the TWEE was sold retail in a double width DVD box with smaller versions of the guide and short story printed with the game manual shipped as a PDF . In addition, the map was also smaller with lower quality paper. Not a big deal, but the UK packaging was superior enough for me to order an imported version so I didn't feel like I was getting second best. My concern is that the US publisher will use these cost cutting measures again with TW2 Premium and this same packaging will find it's way into the Collector's edition here in the states. Personally, I feel everyone's game should be shipped with the packaging shown in the press conference regardless of where you live, but if it's going to happen, I feel those who ordered the collector's edition should get the better packaging as it was shown. I know this is nitpicking, but if I'm paying $130 I want the best available.
Probably the first batch of games will be identical for all countries, once it's sold out however cost cutting editions will start to appear. I ordered my EE from Britain and guess what? It was exactly the same as the US edition.

I'd love to go preorder on GOG.com, but i'd rather have a physical edition with the goodies that come from the Premium edition, trouble is it looks like i'll have to import it since currently there is not a single store in Denmark offering up the Witcher 2 at the moment.So while a part of me would definately go there on GOG.com.. the other part would really like the stuff like maps and such on an actual physical medium. So unless an offer comes to have some of all that stuff sent, and i'd gladly give up that 16 euro credit for that, in particular if some extra goodies appear alongside it :p.. But currently it looks like i'll be heading to Amazon to get my Witcher 2 copy.

ImperialDane said:
I'd love to go preorder on GOG.com, but i'd rather have a physical edition with the goodies that come from the Premium edition, trouble is it looks like i'll have to import it since currently there is not a single store in Denmark offering up the Witcher 2 at the moment.So while a part of me would definately go there on GOG.com.. the other part would really like the stuff like maps and such on an actual physical medium. So unless an offer comes to have some of all that stuff sent, and i'd gladly give up that 16 euro credit for that, in particular if some extra goodies appear alongside it :p.. But currently it looks like i'll be heading to Amazon to get my Witcher 2 copy.
I was in same dilemma, digital or hard copy????Then I solved one part of dilemma, went to GoG.com and preordered TW2 couple days after release announcement.Now I have to solve the 2nd part of dilemma :)P.S-Today I've received an email with the same content as post No 1 of this topic, anyone else got it?

Yup, received the same thing, why i decided to pop in here and clarify my position on the matter. Not that i don't want to support the good chaps making the Witcher 2, but i do like having something tangible, in particular maps and such just don't cut it in a PDF file i find it ;)So again, until some sort of jolly solution appears that would make the GOG.com offer quite feasible on that area, i think i'll stick to Amazon or possibly a danish store if they ever begin offering up the Witcher 2.

Yep, I got it, too, and I already pre-ordered the day of the conference, on GOG. :) I think it may be automated, so I'm not raising a fuss.

I pre-ordered the GoG version as the copy I'll be installing and the CE for all the goodies. Will it be possible to use the codes for the CE bonus content on the GoG version?

That's a difficult question I gotta say. We'll probably determine things like this closer to the actual manufacture of the game. :)

GoranSRB said:
GoranSRB said:
I was in same dilemma, digital or hard copy????Then I solved one part of dilemma, went to GoG.com and preordered TW2 couple days after release announcement.Now I have to solve the 2nd part of dilemma :)P.S-Today I've received an email with the same content as post No 1 of this topic, anyone else got it?
I tried to order hard copy - collectors edition - from the distributors in Serbia but they told me that they can not do it now but earliest month before the game hits the stores?!?

Top Bottom