A note about preorder and TW2 editions from CD Projekt RED

+
Selope said:
I'd love to do that.But if I buy TW2 from GOG, will the German version still include English audio + text as the boxed edition does? I can't find any details about this on GOG... If they have 1-language packs of TW2 only, GOG is not for me...
All versions will be able to download English and Polish audio/text packs on release day

Selope said:
Selope said:
Selope said:
[...]All versions will be able to download English and Polish audio/text packs on release day
Sounds good. But how do you know?
Because Tomazs Gop said that on the Spring Conference. :)Also, I didn't think there were different versions on GOG (except maybe for Australia), but now that you mention it, the site always displays a German version of the witcher offer for me and I can't do anything about it. But at least I am pretty sure about the language packs; you need to finish the installation and register the game, then you get the download. Maybe I'll write to the GOG support and ask them about it...Edit: Spiel verfügbar in: EN FR IT DE ES So I guess you get to choose or get them all (although I am pretty sure that Italian and French are subtitles only, Gop said). Just go to the site, place your preorder, get the infos, download the preorder extras and you can still decide whether to buy it or not, no obligations at this point.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Thanks for the information.I really think GOG's a good idea, but they probably should provide customers with more details about their downloads. I won't contact support staff just to find out what I'm buying. A second download for the additional language pack? Hm, doesn't exactly beat the lazy box option for me.

No, the language packs are optional for people who want to have English and/or Polish version and for example have bought French retail box. On GOG you already get the English version of the game.And the information is right there: http://www.gog.com/en/page/tw2v2/index_de.html.

Oh, fuck me. Had the CE preordered for months now from The Hut, but haven't received any email about not shipping to Finland. Guess I better start searching somewhere else!ENTER PANIC MODE

If I read correctly, those that order from GOG will be able to play TW2 on May 16 at 10:00 PM GMT which is 5:00 PM my local time? If this is true, then I am definitely getting the game from GOG.

Killbomb said:
If I read correctly, those that order from GOG will be able to play TW2 on May 16 at 10:00 PM GMT which is 5:00 PM my local time? If this is true, then I am definitely getting the game from GOG.
Yes, and you can pre-download most of the game before it's released. So literally you can activate and play it immediately upon it's release.

SlateUK said:
Yes, and you can pre-download most of the game before it's released. So literally you can activate and play it immediately upon it's release.
Thanks for the reply. Being able to play on Monday evening seemed too good to be true so I wanted to verify first. Almost certainly going with GOG now.Got my new rig coming this week so I can have it set up by the time TW2 is released. Can't wait!

Tohveli said:
Oh, ****** me. Had the CE preordered for months now from The Hut, but haven't received any email about not shipping to Finland. Guess I better start searching somewhere else!ENTER PANIC MODE
I recieved the following answer from TheHut:
I have been advised that this should dispatched to you as we can see no reason this should not be shipped outside of the UK.
So, either the CS person has no clue how big and heavy the TW2 box is or they'll actually ship it to Romania. Time for some prayers to Games God!!!

Hey all.. i can't seem to get Collector's Edition available in my country.. I probably have to be FORCED to get the Premium Edition instead.ANY significant differences between Collector's Edition and Premium Edition? I'd be getting the GoG version too. I'm getting retail too because i wanted the DVDs soundtrack.

ShivaSi said:
I have been advised that this should dispatched to you as we can see no reason this should not be shipped outside of the UK.
So, either the CS person has no clue how big and heavy the TW2 box is or they'll actually ship it to Romania. Time for some prayers to Games God!!!
I already ordered it from a finnish retailer since they finally listed the CE at their website. Too bad it cost's 20 euros more, but at least it will be here faster, if The Hut had shipped it.

archaven said:
Hey all.. i can't seem to get Collector's Edition available in my country.. I probably have to be FORCED to get the Premium Edition instead.ANY significant differences between Collector's Edition and Premium Edition? I'd be getting the GoG version too. I'm getting retail too because i wanted the DVDs soundtrack.
Well the difference between the CE and the PE is... hugeYou can see the details here: http://buy.thewitcher.com/preorder-collectors-enhttp://buy.thewitcher.com/preorder-premium-enDigital version is similar to the PE, but it's all digital :)GoG's version gives you the artbook as bonus content.

ShivaSi said:
ShivaSi said:
Oh, ****** me. Had the CE preordered for months now from The Hut, but haven't received any email about not shipping to Finland. Guess I better start searching somewhere else!ENTER PANIC MODE
İ get my answers from Kristy, is it the same person that gave you your answers?

Well, just purchased it on GOG. It was quite pricey though, and up until the end I was having a hard time with the choice. :/I now have three distribution platforms.. GoG, Impulse & Steam. Regardless, I wished to thank CD Projekt - and I went with the GoG option. Besides, looks like I might just start re-buying a slew of my old games from there.. go digital, as it were. Sure with my old games I already have ISO's, but I kinda like the game-shelf. Christ I'm weird. Anyway, it's over half-way done downloading, I cann't freakin' wait. Now I'm sad I have to go to Britain for two days for a conference, means I'll likely not be able to finish the game before I have to go. I'll have the shakes!

nme said:
which means that by ordering The Witcher 2 from GOG.com, you’ll be giving practically 100% of your money to, and thus supporting, the company creating the game.
But it is 'practically' 108% of my money because I can have physical media produced, packaged and shipped (probably half way round the world) to my door for 8% less than the GOG price. I don't particularly want the physical media or packaging and I would rather the developers got more of my money but in any sensible market I would expect to get a discount not pay a premium.

Hamlindo said:
Hamlindo said:
which means that by ordering The Witcher 2 from GOG.com, you’ll be giving practically 100% of your money to, and thus supporting, the company creating the game.
But it is 'practically' 108% of my money because I can have physical media produced, packaged and shipped (probably half way round the world) to my door for 8% less than the GOG price. I don't particularly want the physical media or packaging and I would rather the developers got more of my money but in any sensible market I would expect to get a discount not pay a premium.
Aye, that one kinda hurt. :(

Top Bottom