A Poll & How Do You WISH Jackie's Related DLCs If It's Happening

+

First, a poll question. Do you want/agree a Jackie Welles related DLCs in the first place?

• Strongly agree

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Agree

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Neutral (I don't care, I don't know, etc)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Strongly disagree

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters
Then unto main topic. I really think Jackie deserved more screen time & I genuinely want it to be more like a companion-like missions. here's the montage that I am talking about:

So here is my scenario for that:
+ First off. the DLC missions are in the past, likely akin to Johnny's memories missions, so it's basically a more small/closed level locations.

+ The story will be based upon the 6 months montage after prologue. So it will potentially will have 6-8 missions under 3-6 hour.

+ How this play out. I think this could easily be solve by having the quest markers placed in the locations that reminded such missions. V will go to such places & will reminiscing about their adventures together with Jackie, mission start.

+ The Missions. It will be based on the montage scenes. There are at least 6 main scenes in the montage with 1-2 additional ones. These missions are not all about the actions & might a bit slow burn. I would make an 8 missions but this could easilly condensed into 6 mains. This are:

1. Into The Night City. Jackie made a quick tour on his neighborhood & some places in NC.
- For Nomad V, it will be all about NC introductions, like districts history etc.
- For Streetkid V, they are going to talks about some places they already knew/visited & talk about the gangs.
- For Corpo V, they gonna talk about their childhood memories how V & Jackie knew each other in the first place.

2. Mama Welles. V & Jackie goes to Mama Welles house.
- For Nomad V, it will be full introduction to Mama Welles.
- For Streetkid V, it's somewhat an introduction.
- For Corpo V, it will be a reunion with Mama Welles

3. A Job From Padre. An introduction to Padre & it's the first job mission that they got from him, involving the briefcase that need to be get from certain individuals. Of course there will be multiple paths on how this is gonna go. This will also give us some stories how Jackie left Valentinos.

4. New Ride. it's time for V have enough money to "credit-buy" a car for their "jobs." There will be a small delivery mission for them, bringing a certain "big package" to the south of NC.

5. Something special in Heywood. It's an introduction to Misty & Viktor V. The first arrival of V to their shops. There will be also a mission of catching a gangoon who stole some stuffs from Viktor's shop.

6. Fun Time. weeks later, Jackie, V & Misty are going together to a bar. It's time for them to have some fun together. There will be a bar fight with some mercs attacking both V & Jackie about trying to questioned about the "big package." They fought (boxing fights) & survived. This will also be the time where player see how Jackie & Misty interact with each other when the tough time happened.

7. The Blue Case. Basically about V & Jackie possibly robbing/getting back a blue container case from a 6th street gang. They also finally get a pretty big reward from this.

8.. Mi Casa. Months later. It's time for V to get V own new place alongside new weaponry. V & Jackie travel together to a weapon shop, where we get Jackie's gun that he personally requested from vendor months ago. There will be a small mission to try out the weapons, trying to defend/protect a certain target from Tyger Claws waves of attacks. After that, V finally have enough money to afford new apartment. V said a thanks & goodbye to Mama Welles.

That's it. Let me know how do you guys wish for a Jackie related DLCs if it's happen.

Using DLC as an excuse to put content in the game that should have never been removed in the first place is EA levels of scummy. Charging to restore cut content would just cement people's opinions that CDPR should just be written off like every other AAA company these days.

If the dlc is to be the release of cut content and more then I have no issue in general with dlc.
If parts of the game were not in order to be released properly having it cut out so it can be repaired or whatever, let them. I find that should've been done for the whole game.

What they shouldnt do is charge money for it. Because then the story changes wildly.

Using DLC as an excuse to put content in the game that should have never been removed in the first place is EA levels of scummy. Charging to restore cut content would just cement people's opinions that CDPR should just be written off like every other AAA company these days.
For one, CDPR Never charge for DLC, it's always free. For two, Your opinion that something was removed is only that, your opinion, unless you know 100% for sure the content ever existed and was in fact removed, you're only speculating. For three, You're the fool that continues to believe what you're told and blindly buy the crap you then complain about.

I would really like for my V to spend more carefree time with Jackie before the inevitable happens. Let me get that "yeah, this is my best friend"-feeling.

It was spoiled a long time before release... 'Smart' move to put it into a trailer :facepalm:.
I will admit that I never saw the trailer. But thats besides the point actually.
As soon as I started the Heist mission and with the dialogue recieved up to then I already said to myself: "so he's gonna get wacked huh"
Even going in blind it was written all over the story at that point.

I was also just screwing about ;)

If the dlc is to be the release of cut content and more then I have no issue in general with dlc.
If parts of the game were not in order to be released properly having it cut out so it can be repaired or whatever, let them. I find that should've been done for the whole game.

What they shouldnt do is charge money for it. Because then the story changes wildly.

I would like to say that on the account of Jackie related stuffs, it's very likely there were no cut contents. How?? the VA basically said so with him who really love to voice Jackie again if CDPR desired so (as in also the fans). So, it's very likely his VA works are fully used. Then again, everything are all simply pure speculations from both sides.

Next, a clarification that when I said "DLC" contents, that means the free DLCs in this year or so that are planned by CDPR, not the expansions. That's why it's short missions. For CDPR games, big stories with totally new contents, story, & even locations are an expansions, which is indeed a "paid expansions." I believe CDPR planned this game to have 2-3 expansions. It's basically just like Witcher 3 contents.

tbh, keep complaining about "muh cut contents" without any kind of actual criticism are a waste of its own.
Post automatically merged:

I would really like for my V to spend more carefree time with Jackie before the inevitable happens. Let me get that "yeah, this is my best friend"-feeling.

Yeah I would love to get that too.

I know ;). 2 month since release there are no spoilers anymore but I'm still suprised they showed Jackie's death in the trailer and made it inavitable in the game.

Yeah, the whole CGI trailer revealing Jackie's death without alternative paths really indeed surprised many people including myself.

I mean so many people really thought we could somehow save Jackie & that's why CDPR revealed it. I am pretty sure I made many posts on guessing how to save Jackie.

Last edited:
There's no really suitable poll option for me.

It would be okay if Jackie would be sideline character and DLC would actually focus expanding the world of Cyberpunk 2077 otherwise and we could perhaps get more about T-Bug and how she came along.

I sure as heck don't want some deep insight to Jackie's life when he is destined to die anyway. Who the heck I would want to go through something like that over and over again every time I replay the game.

Not interested in Jackie DLC, he done his job and is dead, i actually find it pretty annoying when my character references him as some mythical best bud just like i hated how BioWare made Garrus my Shepards best bud so i'll be more than happy if V never brings him up again to stop me cringing

I'd love for my best bro Jackie to be mentioned more. Cyberpunk needs more of the Welles boy. However, I don't want an entire dlc dedicated to him entirely. I'd be down for him being an important aspect in a dlc. Maybe mama Welles and possibly even Misty. A small questline.

Jackie's dad and Jackie's ex lover Camila could make an appearance. When Jackie was alive he mentioned he wasn't the only Welles boy. Maybe he has a brother that is still alive. Maybe one of the characters I mentioned can reference Jackie's dead brothers.

As much as i loved Jackie i want to know the future not about to look at the past just to spend few more mins with a person who ends up dying regardless its time to get some positivity out of this mess

i hated how BioWare made Garrus my Shepards best bud
How can you hate Garrus? Was my actual best bud in firefights alongside LI Ashley.

As much as i loved Jackie i want to know the future not about to look at the past just to spend few more mins with a person who ends up dying regardless its time to get some positivity out of this mess
I'd like them to flesh out his relationship with V, possibly eliminate that 6 month montage, because aside from a vague introduction if you play the Corpo lifepath, he was kind of forced upon the player and I didn't really feel anything for him until I played aforementioned lifepath,
where he ends up saving your ass a second time when Arasaka tries to dispose of you.

How can you hate Garrus? Was my actual best bud in firefights alongside LI Ashley.

I'd like them to flesh out his relationship with V, possibly eliminate that 6 month montage, because aside from a vague introduction if you play the Corpo lifepath, he was kind of forced upon the player and I didn't really feel anything for him until I played aforementioned lifepath,
where he ends up saving your ass a second time when Arasaka tries to dispose of you.
We all would love this but we know it aint gonna happen

I would reword that slightly as "if the free dlc..." is removed content being restored, I wouldn't have a problem with it, that's just giving us what we paid for in the first place. Not a bloody chance I'll pay for dlc that contains content that should've already been there on release but was removed.

I didn't like the guy, loud and obnoxious, I'm glad he got killed off early in the game.

Top Bottom