A Proposal design to make CRAFTING & EQUIPMENT System much better & "user friendly"

+
I am just gonna straight to the point. Here is my proposal design that tinker the current crafting system so the overall experience become much better:

QOL & UI SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
+ tag item key/button to lock, buy, sell, disassemble, craft, etc
+ grouping "identical stats" weapons & clothes
+ tag item key/button to compare
+ instant craft & disassemble option (turn on/off)
+ grouping consumable items into sections. From foods, drinks, alcohols, drugs/meds.
+ dedicated key/button to sell/disassemble all foods, all drinks, all alcohols, all drugs/meds.
+ dedicated 2 quick key/button for consume selected food/drinks/alcohols.
+ NEW LOADOUT system. yes a loadout equipment system with max to 10 slots. With this player can change weapons, clothes, consumable/gadgets in one push of a button. the loadout can also be name manually.
+ HIDDEN clothing/armor equipment key key/button. With this, player can use any/full armor parts while also make it hidden visually for "fashion."
+ grouping all items TAB into non quest & quest items sections.
+ dedicated key/button to remove the mark of quest items. This is probably also benefit on automatically fixing some bugs while also make player to remove/move/disassemble all items.
+ ITEM STASH grouping into sections (weapons, clothing, consumable, etc).

*edit to add more stuff to the list:
+ Batch crafting system, especially for grenades, meds/drugs.

OVERHAUL ITEMS & VENDORS
For this section, I already kinda made one thread about it:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...es-the-consumables-its-vendors-bars.11073881/

OVERHAUL CRAFTING SYSTEM DESIGN
Here comes the main part:
+ making crafting system modular to a one way street crafting & upgrades
+ cheaper & more sensible crafting components required to craft/upgrade
+ All items are upgradeable except "cyberwares" (weapons/clothes/weapon mods/cyberware mods/grenades/meds). This will remove the needs & heavy reliance on recipes while also provides things like FASHION META.
+ modular upgrade system. upgrade system is now a one way "consistent" leveling with each 3 upgrades then "automatically" turn item to a higher level of rarity. The specs:
- Weapons: common/white > upgrade 3x > uncommon/green > upgrade 3x > rare/blue > upgrade 3x > epic/purple > upgrade 3x > legendary/orange > upgrade 3x
- the rest of items: common/white > uncommon/green > rare/blue > epic/purple > legendary/orange
+ item mod slot addition is not randomized upon upgrade. It will always stay the same to its original item mod slot number until legendary level.
+ item effect/perks addition is not randomized upon upgrade. It will always stay the same to its original item mod slot number until legendary level.
+ NEW FEATURE. A manual crafting "add mod slot" system. This is basically replacing the randomization upon upgrading items.
+ NEW FEATURE. A randomization craft for "effects/perks" on items. With this feature, player can have their own preferences on effects to be implemented in the items, removing the save scumming exploits into a proper system. The max numbers to effects are 3 based on required level of crafting components (level 1-3). Having some weapons more than 3 additional effects/perks seems way too OP imo.
+ NEW FEATURE. A crafting WEAPON SKIN. Yes, basically player should be able to craft their own weapon skin based on weapons being obtained & "disassembled." Because disassembling is the requirement to get weapon skin of choices, this will make iconic keep being a special weapon on its own. This is basically a new addition for FASHION META.

I guess that's it. Let me know what do you guys think & maybe also provide some other stuffs like your own design via posts.

Last edited:
I'd give anything to just be able to batch craft. Good christ, Making components takes so long and it's so bizarre. It's such a standard feature you can even find it in cellphone games, WTF happened?

I'd give anything to just be able to batch craft. Good christ, Making components takes so long and it's so bizarre. It's such a standard feature you can even find it in cellphone games, WTF happened?

Yeah, I guess batch crafting for big numbers like consumable items make sense instead of keep pushing craft item over & over.

Its a nice clean breakdown of stuff that I belive has been suggested over and over since launch. I appreciate that you compiled it and defined it cleanly for them to see.

As I was playing today it occurred to me that a lot of the gear issues could be improved by simply adding a new feature to the way items drop.

If there was a chance that the item itself did not drop, but a crafting spec for it dropped in it's place. Then doing things like modifying crafting to allow for upgrades in item quality and number of mod slots would be even more beneficial.

RNG a crafting spec for a Lazrpunk Tungsten-Plated Pozer-Jacket as an uncommon item, let me craft it, and then upgrade it all the way to legendary and upgrade it to maximum mod slots. I'd be a happy man.

Yes, it's exactly my point of crafting/upgrading system need to be modular for all items. Crafting specs/recipes also have its own problems as the types & amounts of it actually limited & don't equate the amounts of all type of items in the game. Some items simply doesn't have its recipes & unobtainable via RNG even if player acquired all recipes through modding. the game have so many clothes that I doubt a player could 100% obtained it all in one playthrough, especially for vanilla version. Not including some clothes worn by NPC characters too btw LOL

For example: I really wish I can obtained Jackie's outfit, maybe like a reward from Misty's quest "Fool on The Hill" LOL

Top Bottom