A Punch Of Mods Ideas From A Recent Pre Release Gameplay Video

+
A Punch Of Mods Ideas From A Recent Pre Release Gameplay Video

The game got downgraded no two ways about it, and chasing the 2013/2014 version of the game is sadly pointless, i used to play with lightning mods but now i prefer vanilla, the lightning looks more compatible with each other and undoubtedly less buggy, so whether i liked the mods or not i sure won't like the instantly shift of light between velen and novigrad the swamps and downwarren etc.

So let's put the 2013/2014 aside for now and speak about a more recent version of the game (meaning 2015) that also got downgraded - or let's call it changed from the retail version of the game.

First of all here's the video i'll be talking about in the topic : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgJUL3nN4iI

Let's start with the animations...
with the jog animation
open the video at 0:40 this is how geralt would'v jogged if the game wasn't delayed to may 2015.
the jog here is definitely different, geralt isn't holding his fist while jogging like he did in the released, the arms didn't reach to his chest while moving, and both his hands use the same animation, unlike the released where every hand got it own moves ( i think ).but what i'm sure of is that it looks different. better in my opinion.

can we bring this back again to game ? i think by just adjusting the already-used jogging to this jogging by editing the hands wouldn't be as much buggy as using the NPCs jogging on geralt. i don't know about the possibility but i think it'll be cool idea for a mod if we brought back this animation instead of the childish one we have

let's move to the walking animation
jump to 2:45, see this animation ? looks familiar, right ? of course it is. that's simply because it's the slow walking animation or the geralt-badass animation, but it still disn't look right in the video or better in the game. in the gameplay video above the hands are stable at there position moving back forward nothing more . but seeing this animation in the vanilla it's different, the arms stray far from the torso while walking as if geralt have an armpit itching or something.
so... also by changing the hands animations we will get the same result as in the video. this too could be modded

now the running
no changes here just one thing that isn't related to animations. it's simply the camera shaking, don't know why cdpr didn't add this as an optional feature like mgsv. but it looked nice how the camera shook. i think this too could be redone with a mod ?

those are all the ideas i could get from this video i think they're more possible to achieve ? i don't know because i'm not a modder but you guys could clarify it to me.

alas there's much more things that changed in the process to what we have now (which i don't say it's bad)
for example the lightning used to be more detailed back then, if you'v a strong eyes you'll realize it on geralt's armor and it's more noticeable at 6:42 in the tavern scene.
also the water and the underwater at 10:07. they didn't change from the 2014 gameplay video i think, but cdpr had to remove it for god knows why.
i know they're hard to achieve but if you think you can do it. please try.

thanks for bothering reading this i hope you and i test those thing in-game soon enough.

Well, it's nice idea. I would love to see some anims improved and sped up. For instance I, for myself, want instant sword switching/sheathing. Pretty much something akin to Counter Strike 1.6 with instant weapon swap. Pretty darn serious here about that. For me, Geralt seems very sluggish drawing/sheathing sword, but I guess, it's for realism reasons, not game reasons. For now, couldn't find the damn parameter though, so any pointer would be appreciated. :(.

info0;n10806991 said:
Well, it's nice idea. I would love to see some anims improved and sped up. For instance I, for myself, want instant sword switching/sheathing. Pretty much something akin to Counter Strike 1.6 with instant weapon swap. Pretty darn serious here about that. For me, Geralt seems very sluggish drawing/sheathing sword, but I guess, it's for realism reasons, not game reasons. For now, couldn't find the damn parameter though, so any pointer would be appreciated. :(.

don't know just how ''instant'' you want it, but turning auto sheathing on would solve this problem for me if i want it instant

Ehh there was so many topics about running, jogging etc. ... In the files there are already both E3 and january demo jogging animations. Moreover E3 animation is even used in vanilla game! - when you go uphill. I wanted to work a bit on it but have not enough knowledge - quick and rough animation guide does not answear all questions...

Jan. jog there is too (I found it on my own) I guess it is even used in Lukas jog mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ZWkl4I4Y8&t=74s but because of some changes/merges Geralt holds his fists (but the move of arms is the same as Jan. jog).

Modding animations isn't so difficult https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...d-rough-guide-on-replacing-editing-animations because even such noob as I could create a mod(well it 6 already) xD You should try it!

P.S. Would be great if guys who were working on E3 jog add their experiences to the anim guide (for example about making animation more fluent and all ways to modify existing animation).

Pr0eliator;n10807651 said:
Ehh there was so many topics about running, jogging etc. ... In the files there are already both E3 and january demo jogging animations. Moreover E3 animation is even used in vanilla game! - when you go uphill. I wanted to work a bit on it but have not enough knowledge - quick and rough animation guide does not answear all questions...

Jan. jog there is too (I found it on my own) I guess it is even used in Lukas jog mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ZWkl4I4Y8&t=74s but because of some changes/merges Geralt holds his fists (but the move of arms is the same as Jan. jog).

Modding animations isn't so difficult https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...d-rough-guide-on-replacing-editing-animations because even such noob as I could create a mod(well it 6 already) xD You should try it!

P.S. Would be great if guys who were working on E3 jog add their experiences to the anim guide (for example about making animation more fluent and all ways to modify existing animation).

i was speaking about adjusting the already used jogging. i have no experience, you can tell me if you know... it is possible ?

gWwynbleidd Write to Lukas maybe he will say more. I know only what I read in tutorial plus some suggestions from good guys. As far as I know modifying animations(skeletons) is impossible, only very basic things which affect more gameplay than animation itself(like speed). But Lukas work looks like an effect of some kind of merge with another anim. But I am only guessing.

Would be shocked how many animations are in files and are not used ;) NPC jog is not the only alternative for vanilla :)

For example look at my School of The Roach - 6 alternative combinations of dodges https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2913 - there is A LOT OF THEM in files.

You are talking about E3, January 2015... but in fact there was no separate versions. Everything was constantly changing. We call E3 - E3 because it was presented on E3 but there was no special state "E3" - REDs showed us simply what was prepered and working. "There was thousands of subversions" :)

Pr0eliator;n10813411 said:
Write to Lukas maybe he will say more. I know only what I read in tutorial plus some suggestions from good guys. As far as I know modifying animations(skeletons) is impossible, only very basic things which affect more gameplay than animation itself(like speed). But Lukas work looks like an effect of some kind of merge with another anim. But I am only guessing.
i'll speak to him alright might help

Pr0eliator;n10813411 said:
You are talking about E3, January 2015... but in fact there was no separate versions. Everything was constantly changing. We call E3 - E3 because it was presented on E3 but there was no special state "E3" - REDs showed us simply what was prepered and working. "There was thousands of subversions"
i don't mean a a separated version i was just referring to the state the game were at the time, maybe i used the wrong word but of course i don't mean a version Literally

ScoutBr0;n10816091 said:
I found the slow walk and camera shake in the scripts.
oh that's grand
so about the slow walking. in the video it only worked when you start walking then to the vanilla or does it behave differently on long walks ?

As much as you push into into the thumbstick, push less, walk slower, push more, walk faster. I counted at around 3 (maybe 4) different speeds before going into running.

NeonixZmatrix;n10817831 said:
In the video there are no sword dangling physics, looked kinda nice, more "E3" !

seems so, i tried once replacing the scabbards animation when walking with them when on horse but got a shit for a result and only worked when was standing still. if someone could do it, that'll be one more off the list.

ScoutBr0;n10816571 said:
As much as you push into into the thumbstick, push less, walk slower, push more, walk faster. I counted at around 3 (maybe 4) different speeds before going into running.

thumbstick meaning you didn't try it on keyboard ?

dvirzigel1;n10820501 said:
ScoutBr0 how did you add slow walking?

the slow walking is implemented in another mod named immersive motion but the shift between it and the normal walking isn't smooth like in the video ScoutBr0 posted, maybe that's because it shift via a toggle key because of the keyboard. unlike the controller it seems more smoother using it.

Top Bottom