A question about Siegfried...

+
A question about Siegfried...

If you haven´t played The Witcher 1, don't read this because contains spoilers...

Well, I finished TW1 and I choose The Order path on the game. At the end of the game, I talked to Siegfried for the last time and we didn't enter on a fight during the dialog part.

But I made a mistake and attacked, without wanting it, to one of the Sigfried's companions. So then the battle started and, of course, I destroyed him easily. I really didn´t want to kill him, but he attacked to me and died.

When I killed him, nothing special happened. Geralt didn't say anything about it and the profile of Sigfried didn't change, I think.

Thing is, I'm playing now The Witcher 2, in the first act and I know (I read it here) that Siegfried will appear on Chapter 3 if I kept him alive on TW1. Is that right?

Well, my doubt is... what happened if I killed him AFTER the last conversation? Will he appear in the game anyway or don't? Someone has the same "issue"?

I don't know for sure, because I've never done what you did, but my best guess is that TW2 will think that Siegfried is still alive. TW2 checks the things that are RECORDED in your saved game, and that probably means that they're checking journal entries. If you sided with the Order, then you'll have the journal entry for that, and TW2 probably will never know that you accidentally killed Siegfried.

But by all means, try it and find out. ;)

As Corylea already mentioned, I'm quite (almost entirely) certain that the import function only reads which path you chose during Chapter IV. If you picked the Order side, Siegfried will be there in TW2.

Kindo said:
As Corylea already mentioned, I'm quite (almost entirely) certain that the import function only reads which path you chose during Chapter IV. If you picked the Order side, Siegfried will be there in TW2.

I think so, too. I once completed the neutral path with Siegfried and Yaevinn surviving - yet in TW2, the knight of the order in the Kaedweni camp accused me of murdering Siegfried.

I have other question, talked to Siegfried in epilog in burning vizima (i picked earlier neutral path)and later killed him in icy world. Was that real or was that only illusion of Siegfried? Is he still alive?

M4xw0lf said:
In TW1 he should still be alive, but then the same goes for you as for me (see above).
Yeah i was playing right now and same thing happen, im pretty sure Siegfried was alive in my neutral playthrough.

Sirnaq said:
I have other question, talked to Siegfried in epilog in burning vizima (i picked earlier neutral path)and later killed him in icy world. Was that real or was that only illusion of Siegfried? Is he still alive?
The Siegfried and/or Yaevinn you meet in the Ice Plains are illusions. However, due to how the import function was handled for TW2, even a Neutral path through TW1 wherein you do not kill Siegfried in Vizima, will be treated in TW2 as if you killed him. CDPR simply kept the imported plot flags to a minimum, and didn't take into account that you actually are given a choice whether or not to kill Siegfried/Yaevinn, if you take the Neutral path in Chapter IV.

Because this is "neutral path".

I choose "order path" at the end of the chapter 4 main quest "Free elves". During epilogue , Siegfried(He is grandmaster now.) still confuse against his knight brother. Geralt said "They're out to kill."

Then Siegfried and Geralt kill "greater brother" and two "knights of the order".

Import order path to witcher 2. In Kaedweni camp, knights of the order "Count Tybalt" said "Your deeds in Vizima were great". He reward "steel plate enhancement".

Top Bottom