A question to CDPR regarding e-sports

+
A question to CDPR regarding e-sports

:listen:

Are there plans to get GWENT into the e-sport scene? I think it should be a worthy contender with hearthstone regarding the card games in E-sports.
The tournament formats are already there in the witcher 3, so GWENT tournaments should be a no-brainer i hope!

If this were the case, I'd really like to see something like what Hearthstone Tournament did.

Where each player has to build 3 Decks.
And the 2 players battle 3 games. Using each Deck once to decide the victor.

If this were the case, I'd really like to see something like what Hearthstone Tournament did.

Where each player has to build 3 Decks.
And the 2 players battle 3 games. Using each Deck once to decide the victor.

Agreed or like the witcher 3 gave you the oppurtunity to edit your deck between matches. But deck elimination would be amazing aswell!

I can't imagine that they'd go through the trouble of creating a complex CCG without intending to at least try to establish it in the e-sports scene.

I think they are open to the idea, just like any game devs, it all depends upon the game's reception. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think the potential is there, for sure.

Last edited:
Ahem... Would someone kindly explain what that e-sports mean :D

Yeah, I'm old, I haven't never played online games and even less card games like these. So, If someone could put it the way even stupid people can understand it :D

Ahem... Would someone kindly explain what that e-sports mean :D

Yeah, I'm old, I haven't never played online games and even less card games like these. So, If someone could put it the way even stupid people can understand it :D

E-sport, it's the part of competitive gaming. In many modern games (Dota 2, CS:GO and many others) today it creates a teams to compete with each other in dozens of tournaments with big prize pools. Sponsors, European and World championships, everything is already almost reached the level of the sport.
And many here are hoping that will Gwent eSports discipline =)

Top Bottom