A real cyberpunk experience

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love RPG games, cyberpunk 2077 it's a cool game, the city is amazing , but i need to feel this city alive ! I'm part of the city in this game, but i want more than that. So here is my idea how this game should work.

1- Forget V. I mean, let me choose at the begning of the game if i want to be V or just a citizen of night city, someone who want to sell weapons, cloths, drug dealer, PIMP, dj, policeman, journalist, trauma team operative, let me choose a profession and stay on this path.

2-How the hell the first idea will work ? Simple, like a management game, if i choose to be a business man who wants to open a small business on the city, let me manage my store, contract security, mercenaries to attack other stores, stole blueprints, night city is the best character of the game, so let me play with with this city.

3-How to make night city a real city ? Following the idea, when you create your character to run a small business, you will start with almost nothing, like V, when your business began to grow, you can buy a new place, where you will sell better stuff, and as you grow bigger, after you have a empire, you can load this empire in other peoples game, make an avatar of your character and your business in other peoples game, so they can buy your stuff !! This is how you make this city alive ! Even create missions for people bring down this new business empire, or help your avatar destroy the competition.

4-This is not only for this new gameplay style, is for V too, LET ME BE ABLE TO BUY HOUSES, APARTMENTS, and decorate then !

Basically this is the idea, a management game in night city, where i can experience the city and a true RPG game where i can be whatever i want to be.

Sorry for the bad english.

So, you want to turn the game into the sims? Not very cyberpunk. You can still get the experience without all that choice. My first experience with cyberpunk as a genre was Shadowrun on the SNES. Loved the idea ever since. Never saw Blade Runner, or even knew about Cyberpunk as a game, though i like 2077. Read a few of the Shadowruun novels, too. But yeah, none of that seems very cyberpunk. The way i see it, we're basically a Shadowrunner, just with different names for things, and no mystical things or mutants, like elves(thank god. Stupid knife ears :p )

So, you want to turn the game into the sims? Not very cyberpunk. You can still get the experience without all that choice. My first experience with cyberpunk as a genre was Shadowrun on the SNES. Loved the idea ever since. Never saw Blade Runner, or even knew about Cyberpunk as a game, though i like 2077. Read a few of the Shadowruun novels, too. But yeah, none of that seems very cyberpunk. The way i see it, we're basically a Shadowrunner, just with different names for things, and no mystical things or mutants, like elves(thank god. Stupid knife ears :p )
The Blue Stripes would like to have a word

I wonder if the vocal disapproval of those vocal players regarding Cyberpunk 2077 was because a large amount of its playerbase wasn't familiar either with the genre, as a whole or the Cyberpunk 2020 rpg at all.
Because unless this is more bait, it seems a sizeable portion just want The Sims 2077 or GTA but with gaudy neon lights and synthwave music.

LET ME BE ABLE TO BUY HOUSES, APARTMENTS, and decorate then

This is very, very not Cyberpunk. You are a mercenary, street samurai, not an interior decorator.

The Blue Stripes would like to have a word
The what now? I'm talking actual elves, not a bunch of wannabes.
I wonder if the vocal disapproval of those vocal players regarding Cyberpunk 2077 was because a large amount of its playerbase wasn't familiar either with the genre, as a whole or the Cyberpunk 2020 rpg at all.
Because unless this is more bait, it seems a sizeable portion just want The Sims 2077 or GTA but with gaudy neon lights and synthwave music.

This is very, very not Cyberpunk. You are a mercenary, street samurai, not an interior decorator.
Tell me about it. This is plenty cyberpunk for me, though i could stand a third person mode. Much like Jake in the SNES Shadowrun, we're kind of everything rolled into one. Street Samurai, Decker, no mage or shaman powers, and can't really be a rigger. Driving is nice, instead of having to take the monorail or subway everywhere.

I love RPG games, cyberpunk 2077 it's a cool game, the city is amazing , but i need to feel this city alive ! I'm part of the city in this game, but i want more than that. So here is my idea how this game should work.
I agree, this is one of the biggest issue with the game.
Even if, it's not part of the "real gameplay", they need to make better AI.
There's no excuse for how bad the police system is, it's embarassing.

So in the Cyberpunk genre you are not allowed to buy any house?
And why then you have like 30 mission where fixer trying to sell you mostly usless car?
You are a mercenary, not a mechanic right?

That's what I feel wrong about this game and the community.
Instead of analyze the whole game and search for improvement, just blaming on "oh, it's not a x game...".

Keep wth me:
1. What this game is not, for sure? An RPG.
Already proved many times already, you choice doeasn't matter.

2. It's not matter of the game type, gameplay or genre.
If something is in the game, it should be at least accettable.

What if, let's say, CDPR putted in only 1 NPC replicated other and other?
You would say: "Oh, I don't care. It's not a city simulator, so 1 NPC it's good"?

Games are a mix of elements that build the experience hitself.
A game with only gameplay mechanics and no story, it's a bad game.
Also a game with only "good" story and no gameplay mechaics is bad.

That's why If you put a game in a big open world city, You expect at least a little detail in that city.
It's not the people are expecting GTA mechanics, but a believable city enviroment.
Immersion is key my friend.

I don't think this could game could ever be what everyone wanted it to be. I love the idea of a straight port of the RPG with decent AI, great NPC's a massive varied night city, detailed in very respect, working bars, clubs, gangs etc etc.. ai generated quests with no repetitiion bringing in story telling AI from other projects to create a bot DM to run and create adventures on the fly based on the cast and environments available to it. software is still a long way away from that let alone the computing power to make something like that happen. Maybe in some sort of distributed sense you could achieve it but on todays hardware and tech you have no chance. I really love cp2077 for what it is.. a stepping stone on the way there.

There's an awful lot to be said for a GM and a rule book, a tabletop and some dice that could give what a lot of you yearn for

A game can be an RPG without story choice. Shadowrun was an RPG. RPG's involve being able to choose character traits, weapons, etc. Final Fantasy games are RPG's, but are pretty linear storywise. In none of the classic RPG's do you buy property. You don't buy a house in Midgar in FF7, for example, but it's still an RPG.

So in the Cyberpunk genre you are not allowed to buy any house?
Not my point, though it's rather banal and misplaced as a priority in this setting.
And why then you have like 30 mission where fixer trying to sell you mostly usless car?
So that the player has options for preferred transport, and unlike houses, cars/bikes help mercs get from gig to gig. I do feel that the vehicle collecting is a bit overdone, and would have preferred something more street-level in overall game design, but it is what it is.
Instead of analyze the whole game and search for improvement, just blaming on "oh, it's not a x game...".
For sure there is room for improvement, most of that can be found by polishing existing systems. Adding superfuous crap like V's property empire or making the game Cyber-Shenmue aren't necessarily improvements. Let's start with more Cyberware and role playing options instead of the ability to pick V's wallpaper or take Panam to prom or whatever vapid requests people are insisting the develpers implement.
What this game is not, for sure? An RPG.
Already proved many times already, you choice doeasn't matter.
Choices that matter isn't a trait that defines RPGs.
Immersion is key my friend.
I dunno, I was plenty immersed. Still am.

Yes, JRPGs are very good examples of how an RPG can be RPG without choices for the story. @nirile1410 the AI can (and maybe should) be made better...and that's all I agree with you with. CP77 is not an rpg? What? How - if this game is not an RPG can you give an example of what you consider RPG? Games can not be only story to be good games? So....visual novels.
That said I would love an expansion where we are free to explore (an enhanced) Night city and buy multiple apartments and generally live a life without having time limit as we do now. Not that I hate being V either:)

I don't think this could game could ever be what everyone wanted it to be.....
I agree, but there is a key point to consider.
I am not talking about what I wanted the game to be.
I'm talking about what the developer told us the game would be.

I never asked anything different from what we were promised.
That's why I (and a lot of users) are pissed.

Not my point, though it's rather banal and misplaced as a priority in this setting.
Ok, that's different from your previous answer.
It's not about the Cyberpunkl genre, but simply something you don't care.
And that's ok.

So that the player has options for preferred transport, and unlike houses, cars/bikes help mercs get from gig to gig. I do feel that the vehicle collecting is a bit overdone, and would have preferred something more street-level in overall game design, but it is what it is.
Ok, I see you point.
But again it's a matter of opinions. Nothing related to the Cyberpunk universe/genre.

For sure there is room for improvement, most of that can be found by polishing existing systems. Adding superfuous crap like V's property empire or making the game Cyber-Shenmue aren't necessarily improvements. Let's start with more Cyberware and role playing options instead of the ability to pick V's wallpaper or take Panam to prom or whatever vapid requests people are insisting the develpers implement.
Again that's a matter of opinion.

Choices that matter isn't a trait that defines RPGs.
I think it does when You have to choose a backstory/path for you character.
Imagine choose your class in any RPG/MMPORG to find out that at level 10 you became anyway a warrior with sword and shield.
Pretty disappointing.

If CDPR had no plan to add choices, why make different path?
Why make also trailer for different way to dress?
Again, misleading commercials to make you think that You accualtty had some choices.

I dunno, I was plenty immersed. Still am.
Again, that's ok.
You don't need to hate the game to criticize it.

Just go play Yakuza 0.
Wow, impressive statement. :coolstory:

Yes, JRPGs are very good examples of how an RPG can be RPG without choices for the story. @nirile1410 the AI can (and maybe should) be made better...and that's all I agree with you with. CP77 is not an rpg? What? How - if this game is not an RPG can you give an example of what you consider RPG? Games can not be only story to be good games? So....visual novels.
For me the context is needed, to select what type of game is.
For example:

Jrpg (for example i played Final Fantasy) are RPG because you can allocate different skills, and have classes.
For me, that's part of what an RPG is.

Howether, You should look to the context.

In a open world game, skillstree and classes are not enought.
You need secondary missions (witch Cyberpunk has) and city interaction (witch Cybperunk doesn't have).
And again, if the producer tell me You have the choice, you choice matter, your path matter, you can change the game world with your changes, I expected it.

It's like having a mmporg without co-op or pvp, or emote to interact with other players.
You can do it, but what's the point?

It's like having a mmporg without co-op or pvp, or emote to interact with other players.
You can do it, but what's the point?

...err...ok I guess that you don't like Warframe or playing SWTOR for the story. That's ok if you don't like them, but...they exist? Some people like them and don't care to touch pvp?

In a open world game, skillstree and classes are not enough.
You need secondary missions (witch Cyberpunk has) and city interaction (witch Cybperunk doesn't have)
I am not sure I follow you here. So you are saying Arcanum (to give an example) is not an RPG? Or Planescape torment for that matter:)

Just to be clear, i dont want to erase the V story, i want to ADD this new MOD, like in a DLC, this MOD will interecat with your playthrough as V, create new missions in a living city, that have people who ascend in power, creating new drug empires, cloths, weapons, news, everything that a city need's to be alive, if you want to play as V, just do IT, but let me be able to choose new paths, be a mercenary is cool, but if i want to be who hire the mercenary ? It's just an idea to improve the gameplay.

I forgot to mention, in this gameplay, it's perma death, if you die in your path to glory, thats it, start a new business =) haha.

You seem like the type who would want to play Shadowrun as a johnson(fixer) who does nothing but sit in a bar all day until something comes up you need to hire runners for. That kind of stuff might be okay for like pen and paper games, but not so much in video games, at least, not this style of game. Again, you're basically wanting stuff that would make it an entirely different genre instead of a cyberpunk themed RPG. That would basically be GTA online but with a coat of cyberpunk paint.

I think it does when You have to choose a backstory/path for you character.
Imagine choose your class in any RPG/MMPORG to find out that at level 10 you became anyway a warrior with sword and shield.
Pretty disappointing.

If CDPR had no plan to add choices, why make different path?
Why make also trailer for different way to dress?
Again, misleading commercials to make you think that You accualtty had some choices.
?
When you're playing Cyberpunk 2077, you're actively deciding your character's skills and perks. It's actually very good at allowing you to play roles/archetypes from CP2020. Techie, Netrunner and Solo are all pretty well defined and a series of playthroughs can vary based on build alone, you're picking your class/cyberware/weapon, not the game - if you end up as a generic warrior for example, that's down to you.

And for what it's worth, there are plenty of choices to allow the player to roleplay. They might not affect the overall narrative as much as we'd like, but to argue they don't exist is just obtuse.
A trailer showcasing different ways to dress because when people play RPGs a huge part of immersion is having control of an avatar that can be customized and outfitted as the player wishes.
You need secondary missions (witch Cyberpunk has) and city interaction (witch Cybperunk doesn't have)
This is from IGN Japan about Night City interaction which I think puts it better than I ever could:

"The world, which is designed from small signboards to residents, gives you a special feeling just by walking. The gameplay itself didn't go far beyond existing work, but the desperate episodes of a cruel future unfolding on a fascinating stage and the bizarre urban legends that go far beyond our common sense are original. It's overflowing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom