A real cyberpunk experience

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because unless this is more bait, it seems a sizeable portion just want The Sims 2077 or GTA but with gaudy neon lights and synthwave music.
Discussions and polls on forums don't always appear to be inline with larger samples (game length discussions for example). That's not to critique feedback and in general "there should be more of it" isn't negative feedback per se.

However, in bigger picture sims features would likely alienate some players.
This is the only point where I partially agree with you. Games used to have demos. They rarely do these days and there is absolutely no way for someone to evaluate whether a game is truly a good fit for them or not. Even gameplay videos are poor indicators as they are generally highly curated content.

That is a damn shame.
I think MS Game Pass is quite popular for this reason, though pandemic has boosted subscriptions. That said, not every game is in Game Pass and not everyone uses that platform, but even then CDPR refund policy is as good as it gets at these days.

There's certain bottleneck situation though. Gaming industry by large appears to have targeted about ~7-3% of market which has led to situation where gaming journalism, social media around topic and that has no credibility. I think The Mad Queen show tried to do something new as they had presentatives, J. Gray and Mike Pondsmith himself frequent on their channel and there was a lot of discussion related to real life inspiration and that and that could be used to create suggestions to game, did it myself couple of times. But they had to stop it because of hate train as the host told herself.

Mostly social media, many gaming news sites etc. carried articles. Do you really expect a PR team to put together a video detailing a list of removed features?

So basically, they release an OFFICIAL trailer with a lot "misconception" elements; but then is up to you to SEARCH for information about what was removed.

Were these news on CDPR or Cyberpunk official Twitter account?
Were these news on this official forum?
Were these news on the official Cyberpunk website?
If not, why?

Again, because it was easier to push the user to buy the game.
I don't see much transparency in that.

I imagine something like that :
"In this trailer, we show you things that won't be present in the game. Enjoy the things that you'll never have !"
It could be so hilarious:beer:

Well, think about how many "night City Wires" trailer they released.
They made a trailer for almost any aspect in the game.

But You are telling me that, they didn't have time to release a public statement about what was removed???

So basically, they release an OFFICIAL trailer with a lot "misconception" elements; but then is up to you to SEARCH for information about what was removed.

Were these news on CDPR or Cyberpunk official Twitter account?
Were these news on this official forum?
Were these news on the official Cyberpunk website?
If not, why?

Again, because it was easier to push the user to buy the game.
I don't see much transparency in that.
I wonder if you're just being obtuse on purpose now. oodrin linked you a bunch of examples.

News was shared and retweeted on their official twitter account.
News was talked about on official forums and subreddits as well as gaming websites.

Yes, it is up to you to search for information, that is how a customer informs themself of a product they wish to purchase, no? You surely will have been eager or keen to read about news/changes in the run-up to release? I know my feed was bombarded with Cyberpunk "news" for years, it still is.

Removed features do not fundamentally alter or negatively affect the core game experience and are arguably inconsequential as a whole. I'm sure they'd be nice to have, but the ability to hack someone with a Monowire, sit on a subway car or customize an apartment isn't going to push the game into masterpiece territory if you don't like it anyway.

I have read this thread and i can say with 100% conviction that CP77 is nothing like borderlands

Borderlands has things to do after you beat the story and all missions. You can farm bosses and get better loot

What? Personal responsabilities in this day and age?

How dare you suggest this my good sir?

One should always find someone else to blame.
While true it's nice to imagine a world where all relevant information is communicated clearly and concisely in a centralized repository. Like a website. A world where one does not have to stumble around social media or "gaming websites" to acquire information. Scour the interwebz to find the hidden, mythical article/interview.

Suffice to say if a product maker wants to be taken seriously and viewed as a respectable source of information there is a right way and a wrong way to get there.

No, I don't agree with the thread premise. It's an interesting desire. I can't say I share it. The requested game in the OP isn't what I had in mind.

I also don't think it's true what was said about the game indicated such an experience was even on the table. It's pretty clear what the game was all about at a fundamental level before it was released. As for everything in between the lines? Well, i'd argue putting much stock into the tall claims was a mistake based on the communication style alone (95% marketing and 5% functional information).

A single source of information where players talk about new developments as they occur. I cannot think of any forum like that
Yes, because the communication about the game state is oh so useful on these forums. Go back a page and take a glance at the forum links discussing removed features. Notice anything? Player created threads. Notice the source of information supporting those discussions? External websites.

I could easily see how someone else could refuse to dig all over the internet for the information and be confused when the product doesn't provide what they wanted. I'd consider it a mistake to click "confirm purchase" under those conditions but... sometimes people are impulsive and everyone makes mistakes.

well yeah, this is my source for all info on cyberpunk I come here quite often, keeping up with developments because I am interested in the game. There's the news section which more often then not has heaps of comments and threads in hot topics, It's quite easy to stay on top of. I don't bother with any other sources for cp2077, There's influencers forbes, and all the info you wanted was on the forum, or links to them. Just keep up to date with hot topics every one or two days and you will learn everything you want to know

well yeah, this is my source for all info on cyberpunk I come here quite often, keeping up with developments because I am interested in the game. There's the news section which more often then not has heaps of comments and threads in hot topics, It's quite easy to stay on top of. I don't bother with any other sources for cp2077, There's influencers forbes, and all the info you wanted was on the forum, or links to them. Just keep up to date with hot topics every one or two days and you will learn everything you want to know
And also remembering that almost everything we see here is speculation as well. Official posts will always be made directly by the REDs. And anything the moderation team says is just discussion, like everyone else, unless:

We specifically post in blue text. That's official.

Aside from that, the primary purpose of the forums is to create a community for discussion, sharing of ideas, and getting a sense of what people are thinking and feeling about whatever game. There have also been a fair few ideas that were both possible to implement and in-line with the core design of the games that actually found their way into the titles.

But what you're saying is 100% true -- official information can be found here. This would be a place to find 1st-hand info, announcements, etc.

News was shared and retweeted on their official twitter account.
News was talked about on official forums and subreddits as well as gaming websites.

Yes, it is up to you to search for information, that is how a customer informs themself of a product they wish to purchase, no? You surely will have been eager or keen to read about news/changes in the run-up to release? I know my feed was bombarded with Cyberpunk "news" for years, it still is.
Wait a minute.
I saw always posted in this forum that was Youtubers and "the press" that made "wrong hype" for this game... was their fault... blah blah blah
and NOW You are telling me to search official informations from them?
Witch one is it?

They made wrong hype or gave official information?

Removed features do not fundamentally alter or negatively affect the core game experience and are arguably inconsequential as a whole. I'm sure they'd be nice to have, but the ability to hack someone with a Monowire, sit on a subway car or customize an apartment isn't going to push the game into masterpiece territory if you don't like it anyway.

This is your opinion.
Like the police sistem right?
It's bad? So i don't care about police system....

[...]

But what you're saying is 100% true -- official information can be found here. This would be a place to find 1st-hand info, announcements, etc.
Yeah but not the usefull one, right?
Like maybe the next patch... or new content... nothing.

All I see are a bunch of threads like the "It's all about You..." witch is USELESS for the community, but they keep posting.
Maybe they should take the time to really communicate with the community, and actually reply to the fans questions... instead of hiding

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a minute.
I saw always posted in this forum that was Youtubers and "the press" that made "wrong hype" for this game... was their fault... blah blah blah
Witch one is it?

They made wrong hype or gave official information?

Both. The hype machine got way out of control, but it goes both ways. You blindly believe everything some dumb Youtuber or clickbait article says after they've regurgitated and padded out a snippet of official news? Regardless, articles detailing features the game would not include were prominent prior to release. Again, you have been linked examples multiple times. Here's some more for argument's sake:

Third person view removed (September 2019)
Subway Travel removed (July 2020)
Mantis Blade/Wall-run (July 2020)
List of removed features (July 2020)
Yep, look at it all, as a discerning customer with a functioning brain, you should be able to assess and evaluate whether the product will meet your expectations or not. In fact, as said discerning customer; you should have begun being cautious about the product following multiple delays and allegations of development crunch. If you took a gamble and bought the game and were still disappointed, you were entitled to a refund, move on, play something else ... though here you are over a year later, complaining about a video game like it personally offended you somehow.
Like the police sistem right?
Yes, the police system - barebones and barely working as it is, adds nothing, it's extraneous filler, an archaism from older open world games like GTA and Saints Row. A merc in NC has no business fucking with the NCPD anyway. If anything, MaxTac should swoop in and destroy V instantaneously if the player decides they want to start a spree GTA style - after all, that's probably seen in the lore as Cyberpsychosis. This is a different argument entirely, anyway.
Maybe they should take the time to really communicate with the community, and actually reply to the fans questions... instead of hiding
I don't think any company, even GAAS titles, have all day to answer questions from the community. The official Cyberpunk Twitter answered questions pretty regularly prior to release, and info in those answers were disseminated to platforms like this forum, subreddits, bottomfeeder gaming news articles, etc. etc.

Yep, look at it all, as a discerning customer with a functioning brain, you should be able to assess and evaluate whether the product will meet your expectations or not. In fact, as said discerning customer; you should have begun being cautious about the product following multiple delays and allegations of development crunch. If you took a gamble and bought the game and were still disappointed, you were entitled to a refund, move on, play something else ... though here you are over a year later, complaining about a video game like it personally offended you somehow.

You know, I do believe some people actually feel personally slighted by the current situation.

I don't but I do understand the feeling. We've all felt that way over something at some point in our lives even if it wasn't rational to do so.

This lack of moving on though...

It's unhealthy. If the game isn't your thing yet, it'll never be. 1.5 isn't going to change that. 2.0 isn't going to change that. People need to realize that and move on from being constantly angry over things they have no control over.

Yeah but not the usefull one, right?
Like maybe the next patch... or new content... nothing.

All I see are a bunch of threads like the "It's all about You..." witch is USELESS for the community, but they keep posting.
This is as useful a channel as the official Reddit, the official Discord, the official Twitter, official Twitch streams, etc.

There will be official things published that are not "announcements" as well. If those don't interest you, no one will ever force you to read or watch them.

But any "announcement" you hear from sources like IGN, Gamespot, unofficial Reddit, Discord, Twitter, or Twitch channels, no matter how big or how popular, are not official announcements unless they directly link to one of the official, first-hand sources (and have all of their facts straight).

What you seem to be driving at -- a single place that features only official information about things that you happen to be exclusively interested in, with no other information and no public discussion of any kind to add confusion -- does not and most likely will never exist. That's not how the world works. Might be an interesting experiment to conduct, just to see if it has any sort of effect: something like a separate website altogether that hosts only information on development of a particular title. However, updates and announcements can be very few and far between at times. That's what development requires. So I imagine such a source would be lost in the fog of social media before long.

Last edited:
What you seem to be driving at -- a single place that features only official information about things that you happen to be exclusively interested in, with no other information and no public discussion of any kind to add confusion -- does not and most likely will never exist.
Is it really that difficult to offer an official website to provide all the official information? It's all very basic communication.
That's not how the world works.
I'd point out I can find games in development where what is mentioned above exists. You visit the site for said game and at the tippy top is all the news and information presented in a clear manner. There may be advertisements and a little window dressing but it's clear the primary directive is to paint an accurate picture of the product or products in question.

There are other games where this is not the case. And... the lack of clarity isn't accidental or coincidental. There is a reason for it.

Maybe this one
Yeah, I'm aware it's there. And what is the progression on the main page, from top to bottom? Whoops sorry, just buy it, IGN says it's the best game ever, some flashy descriptions/trailers, Night City Wire (videos), get your free goodies and then you get to the news section. And below that it's "buy our gear". The priorities are clear. That'd be the point.

Even the development insights have 40 paragraphs and several video clips to cover three changes. Interviews had vague comments/explanations. It's too much theatre for my tastes. About the only interest there are patch notes. Those tend to drop at the last minute.

Again, looking at the opening post of this thread.... That doesn't sound like what the game was intended to be. At least, a reasonable expectation of what it would be based on the shoddy information delivery. This brings into question why anyone could think it was supposed to be the game. It brings into question how removed features came out of left field for some. As a few posts back illustrate. I'll tell you why. The way the information delivery process operates.

Is it really that difficult to offer an official website to provide all the official information? It's all very basic communication.
Not at all. But, like I identify...would it even matter? Websites don't tend to generate much traffic, and they tend to be completely forgotten about in no time flat if they're not regularly updated with new content. If I have a place where I can go that offers only targeted information with no discussion...and it's multiple months, sometimes, between updates...who is going to notice when it finally gets updated again?

Like I said, might be interesting to try. In practice, I doubt more than a handful of players would even notice it. Or remember it when the time for an announcement came.

I'd point out I can find games in development where what is mentioned above exists. You visit the site for said game and at the tippy top is all the news and information presented in a clear manner. There may be advertisements and a little window dressing but it's clear the primary directive is to paint an accurate picture of the product or products in question.

There are other games where this is not the case. And... the lack of clarity isn't accidental or coincidental. There is a reason for it.
This is valid, and CDPR did host such "master" threads before. It tended to be a little clunky, though. Either such threads would go wildly off-topic almost immediately and repeatedly...or they'd have to be non-interactive to prevent that sort of thing which means that the traffic would be low. (Like stated above, people wouldn't see it, even though it was right there.)

As of now, it has been far more effective getting the word out about things to make a new, targeted thread whenever something was ready to be announced. The goal is not to "hide" information. The goal is to actually get as many people as possible to see the information and recognize it as official. What you describe is exactly what happens. Whenever an official announcement is made, that thread is normally at the very top of Hot Topics for weeks.

Last edited:
Both. The hype machine got way out of control, but it goes both ways. You blindly believe everything some dumb Youtuber or clickbait article says after they've regurgitated and padded out a snippet of official news?

Yep, look at it all, as a discerning customer with a functioning brain, you should be able to assess and evaluate whether the product will meet your expectations or not. In fact, as said discerning customer; you should have begun being cautious about the product following multiple delays and allegations of development crunch.

So basically it's everyone fault but CDPR.
You need to find informations, verify it yourself, and get your answer.
I can't really understand this way of thinking.
But maybe because I have no functioning brain right? :shrug:

If you took a gamble and bought the game and were still disappointed, you were entitled to a refund, move on, play something else ... though here you are over a year later, complaining about a video game like it personally offended you somehow.
[...]
And it seems very people to this platform tend to excuse CDPR for everything they did.

Maybe people like us are needed, to prevent this plaftorm to become a new religion...

A merc in NC has no business fucking with the NCPD anyway.
But then You have NPCD scanner activity witch are 50% of the only activity You can do in Cyberpunk.
My brain does not work perfectly, but I see a contradiction here.

If anything, MaxTac should swoop in and destroy V instantaneously if the player decides they want to start a spree GTA style - after all, that's probably seen in the lore as Cyberpsychosis. This is a different argument entirely, anyway.
MaxTac? You mean the people that are only showed once during the intro?

I don't think any company, even GAAS titles, have all day to answer questions from the community. The official Cyberpunk Twitter answered questions pretty regularly prior to release, and info in those answers were disseminated to platforms like this forum, subreddits, bottomfeeder gaming news articles, etc. etc.
Yup I can see a lot of informations... so remind me... when will the next patch be released?
And what content will have?
And please, provide source, since I'm not intelligent enought to decide myself. :coolstory:

Not at all. But, like I identify...would it even matter?
Well, If you consider that the game was released a 1 ago and still is not working as intended... Yes it matter.
We are not talking about DLC or new content.
We are talking about something that should be already working, and it is not.

So be trasparent and open about their plan, should be the right thing to do.

Like I said, might be interesting to try. In practice, I doubt more than a handful of players would even notice it. Or remember it when the time for an announcement came.
I don't think that's an argument.
The old "Hey but I don't care about x..."

CDPR should be transparent even if was asked by only 1 player.
And If they take a look at the forum, You will see that actually thousend of people are asking for an update.

As of now, it has been far more effective getting the word out about things to make a new, targeted thread whenever something was ready to be announced. The goal is not to "hide" information. The goal is to actually get as many people as possible to see the information and recognize it as official. What you describe is exactly what happens. Whenever an official announcement is made, that thread is normally at the very top of Hot Topics for weeks.
Of course it is!
Yeah it's easy to share all informations when delivered. And Yes, they tend to do it.

But what about the customers that are waiting for more than a year to play a product they payed for?
Why it's not CDPR priority to talk with them? To explain how they will regain trust?

If you don't speak for several month, to me it's a confirmation that they don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
@nirile1410 for the second time you are using 'witch' so maybe I should correct you to not get used to it. It is not 'witch' it is 'which'. 'You are telling me X, which is....' . Witch is a class in pathfinder - which, while I applaud you for playing/liking it, is not what you are looking for:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom