A Replacement for Fire Elemental

+
A Replacement for Fire Elemental

i am playing a monster weather deck using frost hounds , harpies archgriffins and drowners as bronze
silvers : jotunn, fire elemental, bekker twisted mirror, frightner, nithral and fiend
gold : caranthir, caretaker , geels and kayran.

now the purpose of the thread is not to show you my deck but to ask what should i replace fire elemental with taking into consideration the deck i am playing as is.
my choice is one of water hag , katakan or white frost ( Unless you have a better idea or you advice me to keep the card).
fire elemental : 9 strength on ur board and u damage the opponent by 3. Helps me a lot against carcasses as i play all my units on the melee row as this card spawns 3 1 strength units on this row. it also synergize very well with bekker twisted mirror.

water hag : strength 3 with the ability to spawn rain lacerate or clear skies. Need at least 3 non gold units on same row in order to reach the power swing of fire elemental but with more cards it can be devastating.

Katakan : i like the card a lot and it gives great value and sometimes you eat a card ur opponent needs. The downside of this card is that it is vurnerable to scorch , igni and succubus.

white frost: very annoying if ur opponent cant clear skies the board and sometimes u can use it as a bait to force an early clear skies from opponents. What i dont like about this card is that it doesnt not give you any strength on board ( which monsters lack) . Ur opponent can clear the melee row ( where he wants to stack most of his units) with an archgriffin and he already ahead of you by 7 pts while ur silver card became half dead already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go with Water Hag - it has good synergy with Caranthir and gives you flexibility at the same time.

Other than that, White Frost probably makes most sense (or replace Nithral with White Frost and take White Frost AND Water Hag).

Nithral is a sneaky little bastard . It can give you so much value if you play it on the right time. Especially now that his ability is not symetrical anymore. I will try water hag instead of fire elemental as you suggested and report back the difference.

I'd also go with water hag. I'm playing a monster weather deck myself now (foglets) and the hag just gives you more options. An extra weather or clear skys is always good and a well placed lacerate at the right time can also give you an advantage.

Water hag is pretty much auto include. Katakan is useful vs queens guard or Sk in general (or use a griffin), also good vs machine to get rid of Witcher / roach. White frost is not actually that good, very rarely do you get a huge value out of it. Nithral is not that good as he dies quite easily or they just clear the weather. I would drop him and take hag and katakan.

KingPegasus i dropped nithral, fire elemental and jotunn. Kept fiend, water hag and added the crones. Went from rank 12 to rank 14 in couple of days. ( level 18 only)

I run a dagon weather deck.. with fog and frost. Gold are decree, succubus, caranthar and woodland spirit. Silver are fiend, water hag, frightener, jotunn, scorch and octvist. Using earth elements instead of harpy due to all the bears and machines.

I like your idea of swapping harpies with earth elemental to fit the current meta as skellige axmen with bears and NR machines are my worst matchups too. I dont encounter NR decks too much on ladder its all fucking skellige axmen and their annoying OP bear!
I will try it today.

Axeman just play that mushroom thing that reset and weakens them, scorch and maybe succubus. That is three answers. Make them over commit one round and give it up, then won the other two. Regis a sheild maiden is useful also. I am currently doing geels, caranthar, woodland spirit and Regis as my gold and works well

Stuck at rank 14 now. 75% of the decks i face are skellige amd they are OP in a way thats preventing me from moving forward. Anyone here having different results with his monster deck?

I use sucubus to steal morkwarg, but be careful she can be locked and resurected by sigfria, or that very anoying renew in round 2 :(

water hag and caranthir have worked awesome for me. Also Renew is really awesome for forcing them to quit with Caranthir early game, then bring him back for extra tears later. Just make sure they don't Renew him first. That happened to me last night, and i was genuinely surprised!

Top Bottom