A Replay/Record Feature

+
(Well, it seems like I'm not the only one who suddenly came to this idea :D)

I've asked that question once long time ago (maybe at times of the Closed Beta) and tech suppot answered me that your team hadn't resources to implement that feature, but I hope devs can do it now.

Hello Gwent Team!
What do you think about a built-in feature that allows player to create a video record of his last played match?
Let's say I played a game and was really delighted with it and wanted to share it with my friend or upload it to YouTube. To do so I just click a button on after-game screen and the game engine creates it and saves in some folder.
I believe that the game has some sort of inner game-log that contains all significant actions that was performed by both players during the match: what card they played, what they targeted with it, what hapens next, when those actions was performed, etc.
The game engine could use such log to render the match and save it as video. It also could allow player to render it in much more high quality than his PC could handle to render in real-time because now the time is not such important thing than it is during the game.

A good reference of such feature is a turn-based strategy game Frozen Synapse, here's an example of final replay video:
(I hope it's not forbidden to mention other games here :D)

Such feature definitely will increase amount of interesting video-highlights and increase Gwent's popularity.

Last edited:
So, coming from the PS4 to PC to play Gwent, one of the things I miss is the inbuilt recording system of the PS4, where you can review the last game (as an example). What would be really awesome is if Gwent had an inbuilt recording system. A big ask, yes, outside of the scope of CDPR normal activities, yes, external ones exist, yes. Ok, so perhaps it is not the best thing to ask about. But short of that and/but perhaps a better option would be a game review function in the game (for everyone, not just those that don't want to install external recording software).

So, some of the facilities already exist. During the game, you can see what has been done up to this point. The cards and plays are recorded in the system. What would be really great is if these were stored (say, the last 3 or the last 5), and could be opened in some kind of ingame game recreation function allowing the player to accurately recreate the last game(s).

Perhaps this would be more work than I think, perhaps the existing facility only records cards, not where locks, damage etc go on the other side of the board. Perhaps it would take a significant effort to fully record games, and perhaps a recreation function would also need alot of work.

But it sure would be really awesome to be able to review your last game(s).

Not exactly a feature of Recording / Replay.
A feature where we can watch our friends play a game would be fun to have.

Guest 4398794

My wish would be a match history after the match is over. While I'm between rounds I know is on left, but after game ends I often don't see what was the last card played for example because the win/defeat window is just so fast up. I also want to check back what I could do better to prevent some things to happen and learn from it, or I just saw a card I didn't before and check it out what was that.

So add a match history please besides GG

BUMP

It would be a great feature, I think most who want to improve or new to the game want this feature, and I believe that it doesn't have to be like a video replay, simply just like the one while you're in a match. But idk what impact may have on the game, due to everyone knowing and analysing each other.
Adding a "View Deck" on a user's profile would be a great feature as well, but again it's very controversial.

Guest 4368728

I would like to suggest a replay viewing option for the most recent match played.

First, players can check and confirm any bugs or possible episodes of cheating occurring (thus avoiding wasting time reporting misunderstandings) and, second, use the the last played match more effectively as an aid to training.

Love the game!

I know this is not the right place for this. Cdprojectred can we have an option to view our recent matches and watch the replay or even save the replay please. Thanks

Oh god please someone make a way to record gwent games with UI to pause the game and look at the cards, their descriptions all that UI. Would be a god's gift to gwent community and gwent youtubers who do reviews/tutorials/commentary. Cdprojectred, I'm sure tens of thousands if not more people want the same thing.

Top Bottom