A Response To The "Male V Judy" Romance

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems CD PR has replied and as many have guessed, it was just a tech thing and not a "cut content"

Oh, if that's true then were are the alternative lines for River and Kerry then? Looks like they even had Panam planned to be bi, why would she respond to a dude with a girl voice, but not a girl? Everything else is cut content, but not that ofc. :ok:

They probably recorded this lines before they decided if Judy would be lesbian or bi, and forgot to remove it from the game.

At least now the displeased people can modify the codes to romance Judy (and maybe the others, who knows?) instead of making a lot of threads about it.

They probably recorded this lines before they decided if Judy would be lesbian or bi, and forgot to remove it from the game.

At least now the displeased people can modify the codes to romance Judy (and maybe the others, who knows?) instead of making a lot of threads about it.

In other words, Judy's artistic direction was bi, but they cut Judy content during crunch time. Case closed. :howdy:

Why not just make everyone bi sexual and be done with it? Players can then chose what they want. Everyone's hapoy.

Code is there, lines are there, scenes, all, just enable it by default.

More options and more content is always better.

In other words, Judy's artistic direction was bi, but they cut Judy content during crunch time. Case closed. :howdy:

TBH, I don't think that was it.

I think they probably decided to make her a lesbian after V lines were already recorded.

Probably the voice actor did all his lines first (as he has the biggest number of lines in the game), when they didn't know if Judy would be bi or lesbian.

Then, when they recorded Judy's lines, it was already decided that she would be lesbian.

There are some things Judy says to male V that she doesn't say to female V. The way she speaks seem to be different too.

So in the end they added Judy's content to make her a lesbian (alternative male V interaction lines) and not cut.

CDPR representative to Eurogamer:

TLDR.PNG

So pretty much done here yes? When is the next thread with same topic?

TBH, I don't think that was it.

I think they probably decided to make her a lesbian after V lines were already recorded.

And I don't believe that. It's clear they meant to make all characters bi. Further evidence of that beyond Judy's double lines, Panam's fluid acceptance of voices is River. He had a gay option at the end of his quest lines, and I left that quest thinking he was a gay character. Apparently he's not. So why did they put the option there?

It's pretty clear cyberpunk was supposed to allow any character to accommodate anybody. From an "artistic", as they say, direction it makes sense since they let you make a gender mish mash of whatever in the character select screen. Now, all of a sudden everyone else in the game is rigidly predefined? Makes no sense. It's clear they planned for all the chooms to be bi for any player. The same way they planned to have chooms that only responded to your life path. Then crunch set in and CD just cut content all over the place, including pairing down the few Li's to the bare minimum.

That's why Pan has the fluid voice acceptance. That's why River, has a gay option selectable. And that's why Judy has romance lines with male V.

Think the article sumsnitnup really, all the romance characters were only intended to be as they are and thats fair enough, the characters were designed around specifc preferences and the voice work was all done as the articled implied.

End of story really

Think the article sumsnitnup really, all the romance characters were only intended to be as they are and thats fair enough, the characters were designed around specifc preferences and the voice work was all done as the articled implied.

End of story really

It's no more done than my 'RPG' becoming and 'Action Adventure Story'.

CDPR representative to Eurogamer:

View attachment 11129366

So pretty much done here yes? When is the next thread with same topic?
One thread for day, until we make all characters bisexual!!! No matters it is fit the character or not you gonna f*** them all like Pokémons!

Being serious, this claimings about all characters be bisexual are horrendous from a narrative point of view. To make a good and belieble character in a game you need to define it well, and this include sexual preferences. Theres nothing wrong with bysexual characters but it need to fit in the character design and personality, I don't think Judy fit on that.

If you want to romance Judy, make a gay female character, believe me, you would still be an alpha male in real life, an interesting component of an rpg game is being thing you never goona be in real life (like for example a mercenary in an apocapiltic future...)

Oh, if that's true then were are the alternative lines for River and Kerry then? Looks like they even had Panam planned to be bi, why would she respond to a dude with a girl voice, but not a girl? Everything else is cut content, but not that ofc. :ok:
Just makes me think even more that Kerry was a last minute addition lol

Well also ingame evidence points to judy only liking female charactera, the exchanges on the terminals you can read all indicate a long crush on evelyn and a full relationship with maiko never mentions a male anywhere.
Doesnt matter really they will be plenty mods to make it if your desperate for gal with best character story ofbthe romances

Well also ingame evidence points to judy only liking female charactera, the exchanges on the terminals you can read all indicate a long crush on evelyn and a full relationship with maiko never mentions a male anywhere.

It could also imply she's bi and she's just crushing on Evelyn at the time. That tells me nothing. :ok:

And I don't believe that. It's clear they meant to make all characters bi. Further evidence of that beyond Judy's double lines, Panam's fluid acceptance of voices is River. He had a gay option at the end of his quest lines, and I left that quest thinking he was a gay character. Apparently he's not. So why did they put the option there?

It's pretty clear cyberpunk was supposed to allow any character to accommodate anybody. From an "artistic", as they say, direction it makes sense since they let you make a gender mish mash of whatever in the character select screen. Now, all of a sudden everyone else in the game is rigidly predefined? Makes no sense. It's clear they planned for all the chooms to be bi for any player. The same way they planned to have chooms that only responded to your life path. Then crunch set in and CD just cut content all over the place, including pairing down the few Li's to the bare minimum.

That's why Pan has the fluid voice acceptance. That's why River, has a gay option selectable. And that's why Judy has romance lines with male V.

As I said, there must be a time in development that they pretended to do all options opened.

But as they progressed, they changed it. And it was not to "cut content", because Judy/Panam/Rivers/Kerry ended up having more lines and reactions because their preferences were predefined.

And having impossible romance options selectable doesn't mean the content was cut. It means that extra content was created to show these characters rejecting V.

And by artistic vision, they probably wanted to show the natural reaction of a straight guy/girl being rejected by a lesbian/gay and the other way around too, and to make gender choice more meaningful. If it's good or bad, if you like it or not, it's up to you.

And people being rigidly predefined by the game, but you being free to create your own character is something that games do regularly.

In the end, if you're not happy by having limited romance options because of gender choice, you can always mod the game.

I don't agree to make the creator change their creation, because it's a bad thing for the industry, because the creators are always trapped in the generic character development prison.

As I said, there must be a time in development that they pretended to do all options opened.

But as they progressed, they changed it. And it was not to "cut content", because Judy/Panam/Rivers/Kerry ended up having more lines and reactions because their preferences were predefined.

I don't agree to make the creator change their creation, because it's a bad thing for the industry, because the creators are always trapped in the generic character development prison.

Yeah mod and finish their game for them, heard it all before. Look if I put content in a project and then decide later, I'm not going to use the content in that project, that's called cutting content.

You can't argue Judy has more lines and reactions when you clearly see the lines and reactions they removed from game files. Then have some guy say Judy was 'sooo never planned to have a scene with male V' that it can be enabled with a single line of code. :shrug: That's corporate nonsense if I've ever heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom