A Response To The "Male V Judy" Romance

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe this is the first thing that CDPR decides to respond to in like 2 weeks

Yeah, they could have mentioned where all the other romance options went.

So they recorded lines with male V but the romance was female only from the start? Doesn't make sense. If the original vision was for female only why record lines with male V?

Sense, it does not make. During crunch, corners they cut.

Accept the reality and move on.

What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts shape reality. This universe is only one of an infinite number. And they cut out Judy's sex scene.

Yeah mod and finish their game for them, heard it all before. Look if I put content in a project and then decide later, I'm not going to use the content in that project, that's called cutting content.

You can't argue Judy has more lines and reactions when you clearly see the lines and reactions they removed from game files. Then have some guy say Judy was 'sooo never planned to have a scene with male V' that it can be enabled with a single line of code. :shrug: That's corporate nonsense if I've ever heard it.

That is coding to you. It is basicly an IF statment that says if body & gender is male, lock this and enable this; if not, then enable this and turn this off. You see, maybe they will change requirements in the future and this line will be meaningless that's the part of "so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings" comes to play. Who knows, maybe new love interests will be added and they have their own set of requirements.

Also, does Panam & River having both Fem and Masc voice lines. Does this count as a cut content too? Come on, give the writers a break. They put much of their time and efforts trying to craft detailed and believable characters.

That is coding to you. It is basicly an IF statment that says if body & gender is male, lock this and enable this; if not, then enable this and turn this off. You see, maybe they will change requirements in the future and this line will be meaningless that's the part of "so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings" comes to play. Who knows, maybe new love interests will be added and they have their own set of requirements.

Also, does Panam & River having both Fem and Masc voice lines. Does this count as a cut content too? Come on, give the writers a break. They put much of their time and efforts trying to craft detailed and believable characters.

Seems like they're work went to waste if they're crafting voice lines that would never get used. As for " avoid(ing) missing something by mistake that would require future recordings", there's only like 4 romances. They couldn't be sure who was supposed to be with what during recording? Just corpo nonsense like I said.

I don't see a Panam with Fem V mod anywhere. In fact, when I check mod forums, the same gender flagging code doesn't even work for Pam. :howdy:

Last edited:
It seems CD PR has replied and as many have guessed, it was just a tech thing and not a "cut content"
What else they could say? "Yeah, we made Judy bi but eventually found out the we have no time for doing the same for other characters, so we decided to lock Judy from male romance in order to keep equality with other genders/sexualities available in game" :D

As someone previously said, if it was true there would be recorded voices for others (Panam, Kerry, River)

Yeah mod and finish their game for them, heard it all before. Look if I put content in a project and then decide later, I'm not going to use the content in that project, that's called cutting content.

You can't argue Judy has more lines and reactions when you clearly see the lines and reactions they removed from game files. Then have some guy say Judy was 'sooo never planned to have a scene with male V' that it can be enabled with a single line of code. :shrug: That's corporate nonsense if I've ever heard it.

You're not finishing anything for CDPR about Judy relationship, they already defined that she's a lesbian and that's it.

The game have some leftover content BEFORE they stablished that Judy would be a lesbian (not bi, as I stated before), during development.

After they decided that Judy would be a lesbian, they added NEW content, to justify their decision.

It was a change of character vision, not something that they deliberatedly cut off without any explanation, the game justifies and make it very clear that Judy is not interested in Vincent.

And they just left the previous material here because they either forgot to take it off, or to make it possible for the displeased people to activate it instead of asking the creators to change it. As you say: it just take one command line.

And if by cutting content you mean things the developers thought about, made a draft, developed, put in the game, but discarded in the end, then almost every game will have cut content.

God of War had a lot of cut content, but in the end, is a very solid franchise.

Baldur's Gate had a lot of cut content, that can be spammed by console commands.

Diablo II had cut content.

Uncharted 4 had cut content.

It doesn't mean much. This cut content doesn't change the original version of these games.

You're not finishing anything for CDPR about Judy relationship, they already defined that she's a lesbian and that's it.

The game have some leftover content BEFORE they stablished that Judy would be a lesbian (not bi, as I stated before), during development.

After they decided that Judy would be a lesbian, they added NEW content, to justify their decision.

It was a change of character vision, not something that they deliberatedly cut off without any explanation, the game justifies and make it very clear that Judy is not interested in Vincent.

And they just left the previous material here because they either forgot to take it off, or to make it possible for the displeased people to activate it instead of asking the creators to change it. As you say: it just take one command line.

And if by cutting content you mean things the developers thought about, made a draft, developed, put in the game, but discarded in the end, then almost every game will have cut content.

Except if you're a Fem V that wants Pam and try the same command. That line doesn't work with Pam choom. :facepalm:

Thanks for agreeing they cut the content though. Anyone can see through that Corpo nonsense.

So they recorded lines with male V but the romance was female only from the start? Doesn't make sense. If the original vision was for female only why record lines with male V?

Probably because when those lines where made for male V, they didn't decided if Judy would be Bi or Lesbian. So, to be safe, they recorded both.

They may have some various lines reaching many possibilities for many characters, then they choose one of this lines and go for it.

Keanu Reeves said in their promo material that he recorded a lot of extra lines for the developers to use them as they pleased.

Even movies have a lot of alternative shots too. And it doesn't change the lore on the original material.

Probably because when those lines where made for male V, they didn't decided if Judy would be Bi or Lesbian. So, to be safe, they recorded both.

They may have some various lines reaching many possibilities for many characters, then they choose one of this lines and go for it.

Keanu Reeves said in their promo material that he recorded a lot of extra lines for the developers to use them as they pleased.

Even movies have a lot of alternative shots too. And it doesn't change the lore on the original material.

Well then it wouldn't have been the "original vision" to have her as an option for only female Vs.

What ? :)

So they recorded romance dialogue lines for Male V with Judy to avoid mistakes... when Male V shouldn't have any romance with Judy at all ? What kind of mistakes they tried to avoid then ? So when they did recording for already written Judy character they didn't know she was a lesbian ? Hahaha.

People literally got an official statement regarding this and they're still in denial. That says A LOT about some of them.

Literally the same thing happened with voice lines for FemShep with Ashley and Tali, yet they were still straight in the final game. Move. On. People. :facepalm:

Eh, CD Project has made alot of official statements. They just planted a flag on this one since it's statement that doesn't require any work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom