A sad farewell and RIP.

+

So who is with me on the returns front?

• Total voters
I truly wish those of you who are going to stick with the game good luck, but with the latest `feature` that corrupts your saves if you PICK UP TOO MUCH STUFF in a game where you NEED to pick up stuff I have thrown in the towel and returned it to Amazon for a refund.

I really feel for the people involved in making the game who have seen all their hard work turn to ashes due to mind bogglingly bad decisions by management. No need to rake the ashes but honestly, deliberately hiding the state of it from Sony and Microsoft? I hear the distant thud of heads rolling.

It is a crying shame that Cyberpunk and Daikatana will be on a list competing for pole position if they aren't already.

Maybe I could stick with it and wait for update number 25 sometime in 2021 where the game might not have AI from around 1986, but I for one am not willing to believe that anymore.

So Bon Voyage and mind the water around your ankles.

I truly wish those of you who are going to stick with the game good luck, but with the latest `feature` that corrupts your saves if you PICK UP TOO MUCH STUFF in a game where you NEED to pick up stuff I have thrown in the towel and returned it to Amazon for a refund.

I really feel for the people involved in making the game who have seen all their hard work turn to ashes due to mind bogglingly bad decisions by management. No need to rake the ashes but honestly, deliberately hiding the state of it from Sony and Microsoft? I hear the distant thud of heads rolling.

It is a crying shame that Cyberpunk and Daikatana will be on a list competing for pole position if they aren't already.

Maybe I could stick with it and wait for update number 25 sometime in 2021 where the game might not have AI from around 1986, but I for one am not willing to believe that anymore.

I don't think it's from picking up too much stuff, exactly. I'm pretty sure a large chunk of players duped items like mad men. This is not an intended practice in the game, right? Players went to you tube to learn how to break their game and cry when their game got broken.

While i can see myself putting the game down for awhile to allow for bug fixes, updates and hopefully singler dlc i still enjoyed my time and definitely wont be asking for a refund.

Im more interested tbh to see how it all pans out

I don't think it's from picking up too much stuff, exactly. I'm pretty sure a large chunk of players duped items like mad men. This is not an intended practice in the game, right? Players went to you tube to learn how to break their game and cry when their game got broken.

Nah it's a bug with the way the game handles items crested from crafting, it can easily be done in normal gameplay. I guess it just fell through testing because it's unlikely to have been encountered through testing because it requires elongated gameplay and well, you saw what else got through testing and it wasn't caught in the previous two post release patches because nobody had encountered it until recently, at least that is the theory presented and it seems likely given that s significant number of people have encountered it.

I waited this game for six years and last two years to the exclusion of all else. Im not going to refund.

Besides, this has the makings of a great game assuming CDPR will not stop improving it (especially the immersion factor).

Currently it is not at the "greatest of all time" status that it was hyped as, but its still playable game. I am at 80 hours now which is more hours than I put into Witcher 3.

Does anyone know if this bug only popped up because of update 1.05 or was it already in the game. I haven't updated the game yet. So I was wondering should I update it?

Nah it's a bug with the way the game handles items crested from crafting, it can easily be done in normal gameplay. I guess it just fell through testing because it's unlikely to have been encountered through testing because it requires elongated gameplay and well, you saw what else got through testing and it wasn't caught in the previous two post release patches because nobody had encountered it until recently, at least that is the theory presented and it seems likely given that s significant number of people have encountered it.

I have 80 hours and picked up everything. Dismantled more things than I've sold. And crafted a lot and have not dropped or sold anything if it has zero weight. Looking at my save file sizes, they are not even close to hitting that size. My game seems to be running fine. While you may be right, I'm willing to bet that those people are not telling the full story. On that note, my theory is dupe glitches bogging their game down, guaranteed. I get that it's only happened recently but the game is literally just days old. "Recently" is a matter of a day or two. Just enough time to let youtube videos get around.

What is the deal with that 8mb save file, really don't get it in a single player game that is stored on your computer, why would there be a limit in the first place?

Can't really vote since I don't fit in anywhere in there but the save game bug anger is seriously an overreaction.

Have to agree with Vtheastronaut, logged in over 60 hours and I'm keeping way too much stuff yet my save file is so, so far from reaching that point.

Heck, there is a modders save available on the Nexus with obscene amounts of stuff. A cheat save if you will. Even that isn't close to the limit.

Top Bottom