A Song of Ice and Fire novels

+

Guest 2091327

Thanks... I think. Haven't managed to read on yet, but I will.

I'm going to assume that leaves room for hope in the axe incident. It didn't look like it at all. Entirely different than with two kids way earlier, where I genuinely figured out something wasn't right before the book revealed it. This time though.... well, now I have some will to live again

I even re-read the last pages of those two chapter to see if there was any hope hidden within the words. But it really, really didn't look like it. After putting down the book in disgust, with tears pressing, it felt like I had received a sword to the heart as well.

Oh well, let's hope it gets better. At least... a good move (hopefully) was done just before, regarding an item of property. I really look forward to see how that pans out. I'm just worried as well. DAMN THIS BOOK!!! :D

Just hope he manages to write the last two books before taking his last nap. If not... people across the world will line up on bridges :D

Even if he died, not all hope is lost. I think he revealed some time ago that a detailled outline of the plot already exists and it 'only' has to be fleshed out and written down. That outline was given to a very limited number of people, just in case. So we can assume that, like for The Wheel Of Time and Jordan/Sanderson, there's a confidant who will pick up Martin's pen and finish his work, much the way he himself intended it. Of course it would be different, and of course we all hope that the man himself can finish the saga, but at least it wouldn't have to be left unfinished.

Oh and concerning the Red Wedding: Sad indeed, but it was the person's own grave mistake that lead to it - breaking a deal struck, slighting that specific person like that and not reckoning with consequences? Bad move.

Red Wedding was not that bad, it was even pretty expected. The aftermath was much more interesting. I am more sad about the ending of A Dance with Dragons and what happened at the Wall.

Just recently finished A Game of Thrones. Next up is--obviously-- A Clash of Kings. Not really looking forward to it, with the series and novel differences I've heard so much about. But we'll see.

Guest 2091327

Finished book 3 yesterday. The author sure likes cliffhangers and big surprises. Not a lack of them in that book. Could see some of them coming, but others were genuine WTF moments. Or utter shock and sorrow for the Big One in book 3, talked about above.

Look forward to book 4 now, and bought book 5 the other day too. Will probably keep reading a chapter or two most evenings, so it will take quite a while. Am trying to enjoy them as much as possible though, because I don't expect book 6 for a fair few years. Can only read them for the first time once :)

Chewin3 said:
Just recently finished A Game of Thrones. Next up is--obviously-- A Clash of Kings. Not really looking forward to it, with the series and novel differences I've heard so much about. But we'll see.
The novels are much better.

Veleda said:
The novels are much better.

Obviously, though what I meant was that the major differences the novel will contain will presumably make me loathe the show.

Loathing the novel instead would be quite something.

Chewin3 said:
Obviously, though what I meant was that the major differences the novel will contain will presumably make me loathe the show.

The series is actually quite accurate, at least season 1 since I did not watch season 2 yet. But at least I can create a better mental image of the characters and areas.

Chewin3 said:

That's what happened in my case :p The book fleshes things out in more detail and has more separate subplots going on, whereas the TV show kind of combines some things to make it all fit in the time allotted. I liked the TV show, but I found the book to be painfully slow even compared to the rest of the books in the series. The TV show skipped a lot of the chapters from the book where it felt like nothing was happening, so the TV show ended up being much faster-paced while still including most of the important parts.

Top Bottom