Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
First off, Excellent game
I'm running a Ryzon 5 1600 6 core, 32 gigs of ram, 1080ti video card
And game is honestly one of the cleanest bug free AAA games I ever seen at launch! No Ray Tracing or DLSS obviously with that video card, but I can still run game at Ultra setting and other then few disconnects on Day 2 (that Console patch made day 2 tough to play because of crashes) the games been running really amazing.
So mad props from the get go for that.

[...]
Guess the old adage holds true
You get what you pay for.
Spent 3k on my computer 3 years ago and haven't regretted it once since then.

So onto game itself.
Its a fun game and I'm slowly starting to find alternative passages and routes for missions.
I definitely see how much Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided influenced you all
And that's a good thing
I early on was finding gigs and missions a little tedious as they were just run in and kill missions

I was totally missing DE:HR air vents and climbing mechanics
But now I'm in further I'm starting to discover those more often.

The story (started on Corpo) has been fantastic (but I'm a little concerned because you announced how short it is before launch that I find myself focusing more on side missions and gigs and bounties before I advance the story anymore).

Honestly I give you a SOLID 8.5 outta 10 for Cyberpunk 2077
Not as good as Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut (which I gave a 9-9.5 outta 10)
But big step up from Deus Ex Mankind Divided (which I gave a 7.5 to)

Do now the negative stuff.

[...]

2) Sure you've heard this allot but you made a mistake not adding 3rd person perspective as a option.
One of my major frustrations in CP2077 is try to judge distance for jumps and what not.
Inching up the edge of a ledge with out running off it
These are things that make TPP so strategic and tactical for play.
I gave CP2077 a pass and pre ordered this time despite the announcement of FPS only
But that was a one and done exception for me
This game needs TPP in many of of the missions.
Give players the option to play TPP or FPS and let each player decide what's right for them personally.

3) You need a better cover system
This one is clunky
I find it ironic that even Deus Ex decided to do TPP when you used their cover system
It was the right call for them and would be the right call for you

4) Pet Peeve but I hate not being able to enter businesses and even apts
The always locked door is just this generations invisible wall scenario

5) Since it influenced you so heavily. Maybe put even more Deus Ex type missions (love those)

6) TO MUCH READING!!!

Seriously you got so much reading in the game that I just start skimming
I know Im missing stuff but its just to much reading

My suggestion is use a voice actor to narrate out loud the data pad and computer entries and stuff
So make the players read all that stuff.

Over all I'm loving the game and felt you needed to hear that [...]

Thanks CDProjektRED
Job well done imo
Merry Christmas to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
The criticism here is overreacted!
The game needs improvement yes, the game has bugs yes, the game has issues in consoles yes, the AI doesn't function properly in the Npc yes, maybe the games was lunched 2 months yearly because of the pressure of the stockholders and investors yes.
But we can't turn a blind eye to the excellent work that was done here the game is very complex and beautifully made with a concept that is different from what in out there in market, the lore is also huge and that takes work.
I have no doubt that CD PROJECKT RED will correct the bugs, issues and other things that are not present at the moment. People here have a tendency to get pregnant by the ears and there are many haters out there that with covid-19 have to occupy their time criticizing.
Buyers have the right to demand a game without the issues and bugs and have the right to a refund after all the like i paid in full and in advance but don't get overrated actions the issues and the bugs and i believe the AI will be fixed soon just have a little patience the CD Projeckt Red will make the game even better.
On my PC the game runs smooth it has some bugs and issues but I'm quite satisfied with the game it's a great game unfortunately not a masterpiece but CD Projeckt Red if they want can turn it into.
Thank you CD Projeckt Red for the game i hope and wish that you correct the bugs and keep improving the game and the game experience, the witcher 3 didn't have a great start but now is a beautiful game.

Cyberpunk 2077 is quite fun RPG to be honest, but advertised as revolutionary real life city simulator. CDPR pulled out Muhammad Ali on themselves with promo campaign - " I AM THE GREATEST " could be heard everywhere.

To me open world aspects are most fun and it kinda plays like mixture of Fallout 4\ FarCry and some stealth FPS game.

By the way... the plothole in the story... It makes ZERO sense why protagonist we controlling would do any side activities considering hes\her situation with the BioChip ( the other aspect of BioChip - not Johnny ).

"We'll bang, okay ?"

Huge potential for improvement is in open world that is ( sadly ) tied to the main story - we can't fully explore the game without getting biochip, and also many interesting NPC's are locked behind main story. I can't believe we can't skip even something so shallow like mandatory Braindance introduction. Second playthrough going throught the main story to " unlock " an open world ... guys, straight up BORING.

For example in Fallout 4 I can completely ignore searching for Shaun and make my own story right fromn the get go. Here, you basicaly can't fully have fun in the game if you wont touch main story.
Fire the game director becouse I would figure it out it's a horrible decision after 5 min thinking about it.

Prediction : CDPR is going to cancel all planned DLC expansions and turn this game into somewhat successful multiplayer game :)

1. I love the character creator. One of my favorites.
2. The story and characters so far are great.
3. Haven't had too many bugs yet (couldn't pick up some cards in the Nomad prologue tower, but that's it).
4. I am terrible with mouse and keyboard in combat.

Also: Edited title for a bit more longevity.
Was it the one on the top floor of the tower?

Had the same and had quite the sad-face upon looking at the loot screaming at me to get picked up XD

I played a whole lot of games in 2020, but Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely my top pick so far. Yes it has problems, but I am confident CDPR will fix the bugs. So far I have played around 35 hours.

my biggest positive points
City really feels like a city, driving around is great, everything looks amazing.
Characters and Story quests are great, you can really see that all quests were handcrafted, great!
Weapons and shooting feels amazing

What I would like to see added:
More city mechanics, cops vs gangsters driving around etc (yes static shootouts already happen between cops and gangs, but I also would love to see thefts etc).
More in depth clothing/weapon customization system (transmog)
Garage to customize/show off my cars (might come with multiplayer?)
Extra Netrunning/Cyber mechanics (or maybe a complete rework?)

I play on max settings in 1080p with RTX on and no problems/crashes so far. RTX 3090 with an I9-9900k and 32GB RAM.

p.s. CDPR should have delayed the consoles version by at least a year.

One post edited and another removed. Please keep things respectful and avoid comments of "platform wars" nature. It helps no one and will net you penalties for breaking the forum regulations. Thanks.

I hope the creators are not done developing this game.
I play the game with raytracing and it looks fantastic.

-a few minors for me was when I or an npc would splash in a puddle of mud and water and there's no ripple effect.
-your company in missions glitch from place to place.
-sometimes my gun won't appear when I'm equipping something new.

this invisi-gun is funny but not realistic...
Furthermore this game is a little bugged so here and there but it's playable
but that doesn't mean this game is 100% ready.

looking forward to updates (and dlc)

Well, after few days playing it (still completing the main campaing, I'm not running in it, I'm following it with calm), I could say that, not considering....

- Language/Subtitles settings not kept after being applied and exiting/entering the game.
- Most ridiculous NPCs ragdolls ever seen. Basically NPCs are empty shells with rubber joints when they die/fall.
- Police spawning everywhere, from nowhere.
- No NPCs pickpocketing (in a game like that are there no thieves? really?)
- Spawning, flying and not flying, cars/cigarettes/cans/trashcans and every other possible objects from nowhere/sky.
- Interpenetrations with everything and also during "cutscenes" (cars, NPCs, between NPCs, objects, etc.).
- Basically no stealth possible, apart for enemies....if you try killing, even with silenced guns, or even punching a person, police will spawn beside you in no time.
- Flying cars/objects with no reason (even if you are doing nothing).

.....is a "good" alpha game.

Now I'm curious if they will be able to fix at least these in the next few "months" (wishing they will not transform in "years").

Really, after so many years I am wondering "when" they have actually began programming this game, because it seems really unripe, I cannot believe this is the result of a development of "six, or more, years", this would be even worser.

Absolutely love the game. Same initial problems as others but after the 1.04 patch it works fine on my base ps4. It still might crash every now and then, but my biggest problem is when the camera occasionally slides upward which makes combat a nightmare. If you save and exit a couple times it usually fixes it. I have a strong feeling people haven't really played it since the last update.

I will not even talk about the bugs

This games was the most hyped game ever until now, we wait more than 7 years for him, and now it's here

Now i know why people say this game was overrated, i know why
you guys praised this game so much, to much, and i start to know why.

I expected more details, more animations, and more REALISM, i know it's an RPG, but is an RPG in the year 2020 (if you know what i mean)
Why is V the only person who ride a motorcycle in game?(wtf)
The AI is soo dumb, lifeless, useless, is just there....whitout having a point
GTA 3 AI is a lot much better than cyberpunk 2077

CDPR invested more in Marketing and in Promoting the game, instead of investing in the actual game
I think they knew that, because they've knew the game is not gonna be that good.

Is not even close of what Witcher 3 did( it is and always gonna be a Titan in gaming)

To be honest, i buy the game just for Romances and Keanu Reeves, and for respect for the people who worked on him.

And the Romances are the worst(The Witcher 2 and 3, was more realistic when we talk about sex scenes), more of them they don't have any logic, they just happen without a logic i will not gonna give spoilers

Another issue, is the controls, i think are the worst controls in a video game ever, at this moment
The Graphics are not the best not even on the max settings
What in the hell is street creed?, it's soo fcking useless, the only thig he gives you, is the access to anything you can buy
I mean wouldn't it be better if when your street cred is high your treated with more respect/fear across the city and in almost all interactions?

I'm playing this game on
RTX 2080TI OC
I9 10900KF
32 GB RAM
SSD 3TB
And the game still have frame drops, lag, stuttering, etc.

Another problem is the Main Story, is so short, 30-40 hours max, i wanted a story at least long as the Withcer 3 has or even bigger
And the quality of the story is just ok(nothing special) is just have a lot more endings( but they are not the best)
More of the Choices in the game are so useless, and they don't have a logic, are just there without a point to use them.
The Characters are not so memorable, like they were in the Witcher 3
In the witcher 3 i started to care about Geralt, about his decisons.
And all the other characters from the witcher 3 are more deep and complex,
the characters from Cyberpunk looks so borring, and look like they are forced to say something

The fact that you’re supposed to start at the bottom and rise to the top of night city, yet never get an apartment upgrade, is unbelievable.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a reminder that no matter the hype we should not preorder games

About Night City

-There are a **** ton of BDs yet you cant watch any
-You cant rob stores
-You cant customize weapons and cars
I really feel sorry for the devs Anyone else disappointed you cannot shoot out of your car? This game could have been a REAL MASTERPICE, like the Witcher 3, but is just another overhyped fail Anyway, another issue, is the combat......IT SUCKS. The game need a lot more polish I would have love to play this game even at the end of 2021 I don't know if CDPR is a awesome gaming company or The Witcher 3 was just luck, idk... They can fix the bugs, but the story and the gameplay never The Worst Part of Cyberpunk isn't the Bad Gameplay. It's that it destroyed my trust in CDPR forever. CDPR do not deserve your forgiveness. I hate to say it, but this game is the biggest fail after Anthem

Really, really want a 'NO, I'm not driving' option everytime, really starting to annoy me & make me quit to play something else

kb/m driving isnt BAD - it's absolutly terrible!

PC version is 9/10. Minor glitches and bugs for me at the moment - not running any high-end gear but all is running on ultra in 1920 x 1200 screen res. I'm ~20h to the game, doing gigs and side missions, leaving the main story for a bit later. The city is amazing! The way you interact with the NPCs is very impressive, truly the best I've ever seen in cRPGs.
I don't like the plot shortcut cinematic after the life path quest to be honest... it breaks the starting feel of the game. The city could be more crowded with a bit denser traffic. For PC this game is absolutely amazing.

I have to agree, the hype does not match up to the game play, in 8.2 hours the Xbox one x crashed 3 times. Not impressed at all, nothing more I can say that has not been said already

It can still be a masterpiece. As long as they keep fixing and improving it and listening to fans.

But things wouldn't get much better unless we can tell what is wrong. I think they were in the right to release the game now (except ps4 and xb1).

They maybe shoulve delayed the oldgen console release, but I dont know if its even possible for the game to run well on the old consoles.

50+ hours in and reluctantly on a second play through. There are definitely elements of the game that have been removed, stripped back and cut short. AI/NPC is very basic at best yet get better cosmetic variety than V does. Side quests are a plenty but depending on when along the main story you take them they can feel disjointed from the main storyline.

Haven't run into many bugs or glitches, and the visuals are truly stunning. But I didn't opt in for eye candy alone. I opted in for the journey, the 'get ready for the emotion' that CDPR sold to us.

The acting is fantastic, the storyline is actually pretty impressive and the character depth great. Genuinely likable personalities that you can begin to miss when you aren't on their mission or you log off for the night. It's one of the most immersive games I've played and the chemistry between the characters, particularly in romances, is something that leaves the screen with you. But....

Let's be Frank, the endings are sub-par. Without a doubt they are cut short for whatever reason and in some areas almost make everything you have done in the lead up feel pointless. If anything constituting a DLC doesn't extend some of the endings it will be a monumental missed opportunity.

Romances are both a gift and a curse in this game. To CDPR's credit, the acting is fantastic. The characters are brilliantly crafted with viable personalities. The mannerisms and interactions in romances are spot on.
The chemistry and development between characters is honestly heart warming. The coy answers you get and the looks are gooey, make you warm inside kind that follow you around for the rest of the day. And this is possibly the crowning jewel of this game. But then you go through all the effort of nurturing your romance, get a 10 second sex scene which is sort of the least important bit at that point, and then bam...terminal mission. There is no more after the sex. No opportunity to enjoy your new romance, to do anything as a couple or even just spend time together and hang out. These romances need extra characters, shorter arcs, more dialogue and interaction options, either before the final mission or even after it as a bonus for completion.

It seems a trivial thing, but once you've banged the same joy toys over and over, run down tons of pedestrians and completed every side quest, you call up Panam or Judy and get the same generic dialogue you have had for hours of play. And it's quite saddening.. Strangely enough.

I love the game simply for what a masterpiece it could be if only some things were addressed/put back in. But as is, it feels a little like a futuristic, neon lit GTA.

I agree with you Retro.

First thing CD Projekt RED must do is letting us know about their roadmap. Will they only fix the bugs and improve the performance or they will add more content in the future? (Such as adding cutted content, more interactions like drinking alcohol on bars etc.)

I expect they will only fix bugs and won't add any content but it would be good to hear what they are planning about future of the Cyberpunk.

Hello,

First of all, Who the heck am I ?

My Nickname is Glaringsoul and I review Videogames on the Side. I Started this some years ago as part of a Curator group on Steam, But i also realized i just really had fun writing these long Paragraphs about things i like.
Overall i reviewed maybe around a few dozen Games, with a main focus on the genres that i personally like the most, mainly RPG's, Roguelikes of any kind, and both RTS and TBS Games.

Given the current events with the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 (from now on abbreviated as cp2077 ) I wanted to write this paragraph for various reasons, but mainly:

1. To give Professional and Honest Feedback to the Developers of CP2077

2. To open up a lot of the inner workings of games and the industry to people who may only stand on the consumer side of things

3. To Summarize everything together, so that people who had no idea what was/is going on can understand the current state.

Therefore i will structure everything as follows:

1. The "Chronology" mainly containing how CP2077 came to be and my side of things. (starting with the first reveal, leading to the release)

2. What i like about the Game, and why i like it.

3. What i (Personally) don't like about the game, and how it coule be improved. & Food for thoughts, what i believe is missing, and can be implemented.

So let's beginn:

1:

Back in 2012 the game was apparently first mentioned; and i'm gonna be entirely honest, i don't remember that at all. It can be because 2012 for me personally was a "impactfull" year, or just because at that time i just wasn't that interested in it.

However the first time i actually cared about CP both as a genre, and as the game was with the trailer from 2013, which immediately struck me.

Being someone who was from early childhood influenced by Eastern Technology and media, the core aesthetic immediately hit my soft spot; Cool Mantis blades coming out of the arms, a dystopian future, amazing weaponry and a militarized police, not even mentioning the flying cars and neon everywhere? Count me in!

But from here it kinda goes quiet again. I don't think that the 5 year period of silence between the first teaser in 2013 and the gamescom reveal in 2018 (which i was live there if i might add...) was necessarily bad, but i think at that point most people who were not really into cp would have probably forgotten about it by then, or have assumed it just died in the making.
but i was happy about the reveal, because not only did it immediately rekindle my interest in the game, it also hyped me up.

At this point i wanna make a small intersection, and talk about the trailer and what i learned from it.

I basically learned, that it is an Open-World Action FPS Game or something around that line. And since we didn't really know what to expect, i obviously made my own assumptions. And i kinda ended up with a mix of Metal Gear Solid, Syndicate (2012), and DeusEX in my head; Maybe a bit more "colorfull" but definitely something i'd enjoy.
I kinda Expected to have a lot of features and customizability, like Customizable Cars, Guns, Characters and your Housing. Not necessarily because it was promised, but because it was popular at the the time and still is.

but in the end after we didn't hear any news about it until christmas 2018 it kinda drifted back into the longtime memory inside of my head.

Skip forward to the 2019 "Keanu" reveal. I really liked it. Not because it had Keanu, but because it was exactly what people wanted. the FPS genres spun out of control, and many longtime preachers of COD and other games started catching on that there was something going wrong with these games, the rpg community was still craving for another game like TW3, and especially since the last Deus EX game was kinda underwhelming for a lot of people it quickly gained traction.

But why exactly?

Because it fills an absolute niche. DeusEX may be well known, but there weren't really any other competitors to it going down the Cyberpunk RPG Action path. Syndicate just randomly died (admittedly the 2012 game was mediocre), and EA (back when they didn't slap loot boxes onto everything and good games were still created) pulled it from the shelfes, and aside of pirating it, you have no way of playing it, aside of getting a physical copy (which is really unlikely for a mediocre 8 year old game).

And there are no real other Cyberpunk games setting wise. You have Shadowrun, which has good games in it's own regards, but they are turn based RPG's not action. And aside of them basically nothing.

The movie market got saturized with movies like Total recall, and Blade Runner, as well as TRON if you count it as Cyberpunk, but the videogame world kinda went dry.

And choosing Keanu Reeves as you main "attraction" was a Bold Move. He was and still is liked by the majority, and is just super sympathetic, and a really great actor. But exactly that is what made people's expectations rise up.

We saw keanu giving 150% in his movies, and not only expected to see this 150% from him as Johnny Silverhand, but projected it onto the game as a whole as well. And seeing him pump out one John Wick movie after another, each setting the bar a bit higher (and now the upcoming Matrix Reboot) just made everyone a little "Overhyped" both for Keanu Reeves, and Cyberpunk as a Whole.

Sidenote: I am fully aware Keanu has no real decision making the CP2077 being the way it is; It would be unfair dragging his personal performance into this argument, and i'm not doing that. All i am saying is that Choosing a Beloved Celebrity for being a marketing point of a video game, and seeing him improve upon himself, together with the delays which effectively "blueballed" us, was bound to really rise expectations a lot.

Enter the Delay's; And to be honest, I'm not mad at all when a game get's delayed. and i think nobody should. I'd rather wait 45 minute for the cook to perfectly cook my meal, instead of having it in 20 minutes and it being bad. Delay's happen, and if they happen but i can see progress being made i am happy. Because to us it shows, that you take your job seriously and just take the time you need. And i think that that should be the general opinion.

But all of that that feeds into the release:
I Live in Germany and was waiting until circa 10 mins before the release with some of my friends in a discord, chatting and having a great time.
I went away to grab a drink came back at point 1:05 and was kinda sad to see that no Release was available.
A few minutes later, thanks to the spamming in the official discord i caught onto 2 things:

1. We broke Steam store by mass refreshing
2. Alot of People writing "RESTART YOUR PC" en masse, which worked.

And then came my Personal first bad experience.
I Preloaded the game 3 days Early, and had an additional 30 gigs of space on my main gaming SSD. However Steam wanted a whopping 110 GB space total for the game (including the ~65 GB of files i already had preloaded) before it would wanna even start giving me the download (which i only found out due to me reading the error logs of Steam).
I Do not know if my problem was a Singular case, and i highly doubt that this is CDPR's fault; But it started me off on the wrong foot so to speak.
I played around 5 hours directly after release (somewhere in chapter 2) and was not really sure how to feel about it. I thought maybe i was just too tired to appreacite it, (reminder at that point it was 6 AM) and shut down my PC for the night.

In that 5 hours i had to save reload around 3 times because missions bugged out, and encountered a dozen bugs total, including T-Poses, Floating Smartphones, Enemy Ai being far more A than I, and some minor stuff like clipping etc.

And while i understand that a lot of people view this as "unnacceptable" given that at the 5'th of October the game was considered "finished" and CDPR had around 2 months to focus on bugfixes only, I dont see it as bad as other poeple do (because i program myself and still find so far unnoticed bugs in 5 year old code that i use daily)

Some stuff just flies under the radar, appears very rarely, or just appears with specific hardware (which was the case for some people) or was caused by outdated drivers, or by having the game settings turned up too high, so i didn't really expect it to be 100% bug free or flawless on day 1 (If you Disagree i can totally understand that).

On the other side 1 week prior (roundabout) a lot of Media and Influencers got ahold of prelaunch copies which should already have lead to a lot of feedback concerning bugs, and their corresponding fixes, which i personally think was a shot in the foot since there was no "immediate" day 1 patch that fixed most of them (even though the version number said 1.03 on launch it felt like a 1.0 with only minimal bugfixes) .

Did it get better with the day 3 patch? Kind of...
I Have a setup that is in every category slighly better than the "recommended" hardware (and don't manage to get the game to look like the preview footage even with maximum settings, but putting that aside), lacking hardware wasn't an issue, but some bugs still remain. (also wanted to point out i screenshotted every bug i could find and sent it to the support, and you should do as well).

But where do we stand now?

Critics have mixed opinions, a lot of people are unhappy, and someone somewhere forgot that last gen consoles are still in use and Their games was advertised for them. In CDPR's Defense, In a lot of places, Scalpers bought all available Consoles and you cannot get a current gen Console for a reasonable price (or at all), which leads to a lot more last gen consoles being used, but something like that should probably not have happened regardless.

And the higher ups took responsibility which is great. And while that still doesn't fix the baseline for a lot of people, this is a really good move, in rebuilding the trust, that has been harmed due to the launch.

We got promised a week 2 Patch (which i am awaiting) and 2 Major patches in January and February which should bring CP2077 in the shape it was supposed to launch in. And while i personally thing i'd rather have waited another 2 months and played it by then, I enjoyed the hours i have in the game so far.

(sidenote: Concerning the release i believe there was no "correct" decision. They were working on the game for the past 8 years, and with around 400 workers working on CP2077 at a time, production costs go up rapidly (even if you would only pay minimal wages). My guess as to why it was realeased in that state, is because of financial issues. You need Money to create Games, and if you dont sell anything, you dont make money. (and i highly doubt the merch shop brings in important numbers...). Basically my guess is that CDPR slowly started to run out of money, and releasing CP2077 in the state it was in, was their only Choice. if that is true or not i have no idea, but in the end it is too late to speculate about that, because it is what it is.)

Which leads my to number

2:

What did i Like ?

This part is going to be shorter than what i didn't like for 2 reasons:

1. Personal Preference

2. it is easier to keep something good and repeat it, then to completely remake something; therefore what i liked/enjoyed is:

- The Music: I dont really think it needs a lot to be written here. different styles good songs and even a new fictional band being ported into real life, with songs that i enjoy listening to.

- The (signature) weapons Looks and how they feel: Most of the "Unique" / "Signature" weapons look really nice and handle pretty well. In addition to that, them being upgradeable makes it rewarding to pick them up, and offers some solidity (weapon wise) in this game which i like.

- The aesthetic: I really like the different punk genres, and will always have a sweetspot for the Cyberpunk genre. This is more of a personal preference thing, but i think the game mostly nailed it aesthetic wise, and i prefer the neon flooded future of CP2077 over DeusEX or Blade Runner when it comes to how they look.

- The characters and voice acting: Characters look good, and i think their voices "fit" whom they are supposed to be. Still waiting if there will be a German Synchronisation, and i personally hope Julien Haggége will be casted as male V , i doubt it, but one can dream.

3:

Dislike

SLIGHT SPOILER WARNING !

Also in No particular order Here is what i Disliked.

One of the main factors of the game that let me get "bored" overtime was the so to speak "Empty World".
Yes you have a lot of NPC's running around, have some cool people to call for side missions; but generally the world feels non-interactive and just empty.
NPC's have just scripted things they say regardless of where you are, and nothing really reacts to V.

That and the fact, that the map is so huge, but clustered with waypoints and "stuff to do" makes you as a player feel out of place. and while that might be adequate for the Nomad Path, for someone who grew up in night city (background wise), to feel out of place is not good.

Add the fact, that you can't quicktravel from anywhere, but have to got to certain points to be able to travel really annoys me (and that also was one of the first things i modded out in TW3), which is made worse by the backtracking issues CP2077 has.

And if the Player is in such a big and bright city with so many diverse things, you should be able to properly Customize yourself and your surroundings.

And i really wanted to see things like: Different Appartments that you can rent/buy (kinda like the cars you can have), being able to place stuff like posters, weapons or memoriams in your appartment, being able to customize a car (like buy the base model and have it kitted out and modified by the gangs to actually feel "connected to your car" would be what i would have loved to have in the game.

The Bare minimum i'd consider would be something like Weapon Modding (not as in depth like EFT but more like what a lot of shooters nowadays have with different grips etc. maybe being able to craft your own signature weapon), Better Clothing availabilities (that dont force you to look like a Hardcore Rocker, Ballet, Corpo, Drag Queen, Joytoy Hybrid just because the stats are good) and also the option to hide or display things like hats or glasses.

In addition to that i want to map the controls the way I want to. Not being able to natively change the scroll direction of the mouse in the Ingame menu is downright infuriating when it tells you "You cannot change that keybinding", coupled with the fact, that i needed a external MOD to get my Xinput Gamepad Running (To test both controls), which so far had 100% compatibility with every game (even the ones that do not natively support gamepads).

Romances are really unimpactfull.

When i invest 12 hours of gametime to a sidequest, to hang out with a character, go on missions with them and have them as an ally, just to then get 1 Romance scene and for them to never be impactfull again is really disappointing.
We the players created a RELATIONSHIP with the characters; even more so since V is supposed to be a self insert.
But in the end Nothing matters, and the "love of v's life" is basically just a one night stand, without any changed dialogue, or any changes in the world.
Also we can't rewatch any of the scenes or dialogue without having to manually save every 5 mins.

Also you are telling me in the whole of night city are just 2 Joytoys V can visit?

And that after in a tweet it was stated "There are more options and Diverse options than in TW3?" (Paraphrased, cant refind the Official Tweet)

Well i count 2 options for both body types (Excluding Johnny's romances, Specified One Night Stands and Joytoys):
Male: Panam, Kerry, (Meredith), (2x Joytoy);
Female: Judy, River, (Meredith), (2x Joytoy).

Whereas TW3 Had:
Yen & Triss as main Love interests, Keira, Sasha, Jutta an Dimun, Shani, Syanna, and a total of 9 Courtesans.

For me that adds up to 5 (7 total if you take both paths into account) for CP2077 and that is not even close to the 16 of TW3.

Weapons Armor and Implants are either Overpowered or Basically Useless. Most of the Guns and Armoryou can buy or loot don't even closely compare to the crafted/upgraded ones (which makes putting stats into technology and engineering almost feel mandatory), and really takes the Exitement out of finding a Legendary piece of equipment.

and lastly:

The ending sucks.

In total there are 7 Endings, with 3 Different overarching outcomes:

1. V Dies Before the final Mission

2. V Dies During the final Mission

3. V Dies (shortly) After the final Mission

which basically means 1 thing: You as a player are Fucked regardless of what you do and nothing you did during the 50+ hours of gametime or so amounts to anything.

No romance or Relationship matters, nothing that you did, Gained or Achieved matters, and you essentially brawled your way though countless hours, fighting againt the impending doom, just to realize that no matter what you do, you were already hooked and just needed to bleed out before you get butchered.

The Ending is downright insulting to the player, because it basically tells us "you wasted your time". And even the so to speak "Good Ending" where you live a few months longer, still sucks because V Dies regardless of what you do.

The only people who would be reasonably happy with the ending are people who want V to remain inside Mikoshi and wanted Johnny to take over, Which given V is supposed to be Us the Player is more of a show of Self Hatred than anything else.

In a way YOU KILLED US THE PLAYER. And that without our death having any meaning or Impact that we could agree with.

our death just feels "Pointless"

But since everyone can critique, Here is an example of how you could fix it in the form of a storyline for a DLC:

Wind the paths where V Survived together;

1. Johnny took over V, Brings him back from Mikoshi, because he feels like he owes us one.

2. If Johhny is gone have Panam / Judy / Rogue Bring us back from Mikoshi.

3. If we Survived we go and meet up with them.

From there on out explain that there have been rumors recently about a netrunner (named Necrodecker or something) in Frankfurt (or any other city) , who with the help of an AI from beyond the blackwall, managed to reactivate dead people and turn them into cyberpsychozombies. One of them has now been disected and they found that the dead bodies are now an amalgam of custom "revivetech" which was stolen from Frankfurt, which they obviously dont wanna admit they are working on.

Make V and his friends go to Frankfurt, and either help the Corpos (by fighting through the netrunners associated gang of cyberpsychos and reanimated zombies) to get back what the netrunner stole from the corpos under the deal that they will give V the implants which will in turn Fully Heal him, Or side with the Netrunner and go steal more tech for him to finalize his work and in turn maybe help V out of gratitude.

That way you can introduce a new country with new zones and Enemies, and are not restricted in having to remake what is already there, and you tie up a lot of loose ends. you can grab the in the Corpo introduction mentioned issues between arasaka and frankfurt back up, and Have V get healed (which nobody would really have anything to say against i would say) and also maybe just maybe Cyber Nazi Zombies.

also and i mean that in the fullest of my honesty, if you wanna use that idea, contact me since i am always willing to help.

Overall i'd say CP2077 is not the game i wanted it to be, or Expected, but it can become it.

it needs a lot of work to be complete, but it can be done (just like with tw3). I trust that CDPR will fix it and i am certain in the eyes of those who are heartbroken, CDPR will redeem itself.

For me at least, i trust CDPR, that they will polish the game until it is what it was always supped to be, The next Generation defining Game.

Also i'm open for questions and feedback on my opinions.

With all these hate replies we will find out that Cyberpunk 2077 is responsible for the world pandemic, and Cd Projeckt Red are the masterminds behind it.
The game has a lot of bugs a need a lot of improvement, but people here only see the flaws and upgrade them 10 times and refuse to see the virtues and they are many.
It's like talking bad of Cyberpunk 2077 is the new sport of the end of the year.
Take it easy that game is not perfect (I liked it and love the concept of the game, but hey that's just me) and has a room for a lot of improvement, i think and hope that the game will become a lot better than it is now and maybe in 1 year we will talk about the
masterpiece that the game has become (like Witcher 3 did maybe I'am wrong i hope not). Take it easy please and don't criticize and talk bad just for fun of it.
I know people have the right to their opinion but you are ruining the game experience for many people.
Instead of negative critics maybe you could make constructive ones I'm sure that would help the Cd projeckt red make the game better and acording to your expectations, but hey that's just my opinion like you have yours.
It's almost Cristmas were's the spirit ?
Cheers!

So yesterday I finished the story mode playing as a street kid. Until I finished the game I didn't watch any videos about cyberpunk 2077 story or how to get money or what skills to train I didn't want someone else's opinions to influence my view of the game. All in all I loved the game and don't understand why there are so many people that are so disappointed with the game (Not counting console versions obliviously). I understand that everyone came in with different expectations for the game but you have to understand that just because there is something missing that you were expecting in the game that doesn't make the game bad. You have to view it as it is.
Missions and dialogue: Well in my opinion the story missions, side quests, and dialogues are 10/10. The dialogues feel natural and fluent and I found myself calling up other characters just to see if there is new dialogue options after some time. The Different endings of the game suit the story of the game perfectly and Don't feel pushed or forced just to reach a wanted result.
Characters: Well written characters with deep backstory's that you learn more about if you decide to do their side quests or help them out. I really enjoyed how they react and interact with V depending on the situation. Nothing seems out of place or rushed for the convenience of the story.
The bugs: In my whole playthrough I noticed more bugs that I would like to. But none of them were game braking. I noticed if I was playing for longer amount of time (3-5 hours) the game would start to run slower and I would notice more bugs appear and textures flicking or changing before my eyes. Also the fps would go down quite significantly. But a simple restart of the game would fix these problems.
The map and the visuals
: The game map is interesting and various a lot. I was afraid that the NC would be polished and full of things to explore and everything beyond that would be just and empty dessert with nothing to do and nothing to see but I though wrong. The map is interesting to explore and doesn't feel repetitive. The zones around the city feel fitting and carry a strong emotion.
The vehicles and driving: The cars look good and interesting but in my opinion the variation is quite small and I would loved to have more cars to try and own. The driving in the game feels quite bad and uninteresting and as you progress you will teleport more and more because AI drivers are brain dead and don't react what's happening on the road and will drive out in front of you when you are going twice the speed of their car. The handling of motorbikes is absolutely garbage and it made me not want to drive them at all. Also its 2077 and most cars have 300hp tops? not including few Super cars that have over 1500hp and even then it doesn't feel like they do. Where are the e-vehicles? where are floating/flying cars and bikes?
AI: All i can say the npc on the streets are fucking Dumb as shit and feel like they are barely functioning at all. I found myself sprinting threw the streets and slightly bumping into someone and everyone around starts acting like I pulled out a weapon and started firing at them. Also police is broken as fuck. Get cops on your tail? You better be driving because if you are inside a building GG. They teleport into rooms that they couldn't get inside other vise, teleport to a room that you just cleared and if you shoot one cop then 3 sec later there are 10 police officers next to you witch make no sense at all. So during my gameplay I ignored all cops because I knew I couldn't defeat them my only options are to get in a car and run away.

I'm not dissapointed,but not super impressed either with the game so far.
I have seen and played better shooter game with more refined shooting mechanics,I played more refined RPG-s or driving games.
Melding FPS-RPG-Open World-Driving into one game is not a small task. I can list all the known issues this game have,but everyone knows them by now.
My experience is...the game looks incredible(taxing on my pc for sure),Night City is a place like no other,side missions/jobs are fun to do and can take my attention very well.Characters are interesting,weapons are looking good and I really like the snipers can be charged and shot trough walls :) Music is just epic! Every radio channel is full with super good tracks. Voice acting is also really good, I like the male V raspy voice.
There is way more than enough content in the game to keep me buisy for a long time and I can wait for the patches/fixes.
Over all it is a flawed,but enjoyable experience that it is worth playing and as time goes on the game will become even better and better.

Top Bottom