A suggestion for skipping the intermission and prologues

+
I already suggested this a long time before, and I put it forward again. After you have played a bit and are in your 3rd, 5th, 10th or whatever game, you don't need to see the intermission (I mean the Johnny Silverhand burns Arasaka tower part). By then you already know it by heart and although it requires some lame input from you (like in advancing conversations) it is basically a movie. If they had just made it a movie that you watch without interacting, it would have made no difference at all. When you already know it, it's boring to go through. So my suggestion would be, an option to skip it. The option could appear right after V is killed, to allow you to skip to the moment right before Takemura shoots Dex. The option would appear only if you have already finished the game at least once.
Likewise, an option could exist to skip a prologue (from the end of character creation to the start of the mission where you rescue Sandra Dorsett). The option would exist only if you have already beaten the game before using that prologue (Nomad, Corpo, Streetkid). Much like the intermission, the prologues are like movies that require only lame interaction from your part. The only one having some action and a few choices is Nomad, and even those are minimal. Like, driving around instead of going straight to customs.
This has already been implemented before. At the time when I suggested the above, I also suggested an option to skip the Braindance tutorial with Judy, and that option now exists. I'm not saying I was the only one suggesting it. Not entirely as I would have liked, I would prefer something like V saying "we don't need that, let's just move to the Konpeki braindance", but it's something.
While we're at it, another section that could merit a skip option would be the Alt memory. Just the story movie, not the Agwe and Blackwall netrunning part.

Last edited:
Been asked many times. Given the number of patches issued, this seems like it'll remain on the Wishlist. Maybe some ingenious mod can enable it?

Top Bottom