A suggestion to improve the Battle-pass/Journey experience.

+
Instead of relying on FOMO as an engagement tool to keep people playing the game, I'd recommend that you give us the option to pick and choose the rewards we want instead. This can be done by collecting x amount of crowns to unlock a specific object on a tree and said object could have different values depending on how great it is. Example: 1 cardback costs 100 crowns. 1 avatar -> 25 coins etc..

Reasons why it should be changed:
- The battle-pass itself is not reliant on skill to unlock the rewards (they are basically time-gated).
- Forcing people to play the game on a daily basis, when they are not in the mood to do so, may result in them getting burned out or frustrated after getting that one thing they wanted from the battle-pass.

I really wanted to buy the pass for some of the cosmetic rewards (coins and cardbacks), but I don't have the time to play the game everyday for 3+ hours and this is coming from a guy with 782+ hours played since closed beta.

Last edited:
I wanted to buy the battle pass, but after learning that it is time limited and also a buggy mess, I decided not to.

The "Fear Of Missing Out" part of me want to buy it, but the sane part knows I have enough trinkets already and the shady changes what CDPR doing are only get worse.

If the devs wants to sell RPs. Fine. Just make them cheap.
4 Euros for the "Pass"
10 Euros for the "unlocked" version. And I mean 100% unlocked.

This "Jorney" is .....
I'm tired of "BSing".

Edit: Here what I wrote earlier about this in another thread:

Here my thoughts.
OK, introducing a Season pass.
Everybody knows that the Season Pass is a type of "pay to win" mechanic / type of subscription. Just a little "boost" for the people who are willing to pay.
But why removing the Daily Crown? I understand that to be successful meaning - purchasable. The Season Pass must to be integrated somehow with the rest of the game mechanics. But to be connected with the control of the Resource Points. THE Base of all resources. Come on !
Look, I understand that, this game as a "Live Service" must to be profitable. And there must be a some kind of "content involvement" to justify the purchases. But to introduce a basic Fortnite grindy progression system. This is starting to looks like chores and not as a fun game. And It's kind of scummy. A Blizzard, Bethesda, EA kind of scummy. I don't want to associate with these companies. That's why I play this game and not theirs.

If this Pass was just added to the rest of all the activities, I will be fine with that. And consider a purchase.

And about the price.
Let's face it. This is all about the money. And I'm not satisfied with the price. If the price for the Season Pass was 4 Euros and 10 Euros for unlocking all the other stuff - not partially up to 25 lvl, all of it. Then I will consider a purchase.
Maybe because I'm from East Europe I've learned the hard way to value my time and my money. And that's why I don't like these "It's expensive - must be important" , " I've payed high price - I must to engage so to not waste my money" and "I was scammed - So to not look like a fool, I must defend the product" kind of mentality. There are so many overpriced "Live Service" games at this moment. And I don't have the time to "engage" with another progression system.
If the developers wants to sell Reward Points - OK, I'm fine with that. Make them cheap, like I wrote above. But don't try to mislead me with well known industry standards.

Last edited:
If the devs wants to sell RPs. Fine. Just make them cheap.
4 Euros for the "Pass"
10 Euros for the "unlocked" version. And I mean 100% unlocked.

This "Jorney" is .....
I'm tired of "BSing".

Edit: Here what I wrote earlier about this in another thread:

Here my thoughts.
OK, introducing a Season pass.
Everybody knows that the Season Pass is a type of "pay to win" mechanic / type of subscription. Just a little "boost" for the people who are willing to pay.
But why removing the Daily Crown? I understand that to be successful meaning - purchasable. The Season Pass must to be integrated somehow with the rest of the game mechanics. But to be connected with the control of the Resource Points. THE Base of all resources. Come on !
Look, I understand that, this game as a "Live Service" must to be profitable. And there must be a some kind of "content involvement" to justify the purchases. But to introduce a basic Fortnite grindy progression system. This is starting to looks like chores and not as a fun game. And It's kind of scummy. A Blizzard, Bethesda, EA kind of scummy. I don't want to associate with these companies. That's why I play this game and not theirs.

If this Pass was just added to the rest of all the activities, I will be fine with that. And consider a purchase.

And about the price.
Let's face it. This is all about the money. And I'm not satisfied with the price. If the price for the Season Pass was 4 Euros and 10 Euros for unlocking all the other stuff - not partially up to 25 lvl, all of it. Then I will consider a purchase.
Maybe because I'm from East Europe I've learned the hard way to value my time and my money. And that's why I don't like these "It's expensive - must be important" , " I've payed high price - I must to engage so to not waste my money" and "I was scammed - So to not look like a fool, I must defend the product" kind of mentality. There are so many overpriced "Live Service" games at this moment. And I don't have the time to "engage" with another progression system.
If the developers wants to sell Reward Points - OK, I'm fine with that. Make them cheap, like I wrote above. But don't try to mislead me with well known industry standards.

Here is a couple of things:
- There is no 'pay 2 win' mechanic related to the journey battle-pass thing. The rewards are all cosmetic. If you think that there are any pay to win features in the game, then you don't understand what p2w means.
- It is a free to play video game, so they need to optimize the amount of money they can earn without completely screwing over the player base. You have to consider the fact that there are people who are actively working on the game on a daily basis and they need to be able to make a living from it.
- The price of the base journey package is absolutely fine for what you get out of it.

I am not saying this to be mean, but your complaints in relation to the subject matter are not well thought out. My suggestion is related to reward optimization instead of using FOMO as a tool to keep people engaged, especially if they don't have the time or desire to complete the 100 levels.

Last edited:

And about the price.

The game's been out for ~3 years, you apparently haven't paid a dime to play it yet (I assume that, 'cause so far we've only had SMALL BUNDLES of cosmetics for a price similar to the entire 100 levels worth of stuff in the Journey pass) and you have the audacity to say "you're not satisfied with the price"? Just read what you wrote again and let that sink in [...].

I'm from Eastern Europe too (Poland) and while I'm in the same boat as you in regards to how I value my money (I refrain from any micro-transactions whatsoever), this is the best deal in this game we've ever got. Look at all of these cosmetics (quantity- and quality-wise), look at how easy it is to get to level 100 and how much more generous the new system actually is in comparison to the old one (and other CCG games, while we're at it), look at the price once again (in relation to the other small cosmetic bundles we've had so far) and tell me again it's not a good deal. It's actually the first time I want to throw my money at them (haven't done that yet except for the starter pack long time ago...)... and I will.

For me, someone who's played this game almost daily so far, it's a no-brainer, especially knowing that it contributes to a steady cash-flow for the team that not only has to justify the existence of this project to the shareholders as a good long term investment, but firstly has to make sure it pays their wages at least. We know that so far it hasn't been profitable. It's been Top 3 if not Top 1 most F2P friendly game in history (which clearly spoiled a lot of people). With the Android release and this new system in place (again, a better one for the players too, see link above) it now has a shot and becoming way more successful. And guess what? Whatever cool stuff you'd wish the game had - it also costs money. More bug testing/fixing? More money for more testers/devs. More than 2 expansions a year? More flashy card effects? Better models and skins? More money for more devs / artists. More e-sports? Marketing? Don't even get me started on the payroll here... That's how reality works no matter how satisfied you are with it.

TL;DR: The price is more than fair for what the new system offers (if you care to actually look at it).

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that for what the game is and how much we have gotten over the years, especially closed beta players, the price is fair. I do see CDPR shifting a little, and I'm not sure how to feel, but I have faith that they will remain fair and transparent with the direction they are aiming.

What I wish the journey was:

A more story based journey where you play scenarios/puzzles in game, using specific cards they assign to solve the puzzle or scenario. They did this way back and I really enjoyed it. It was an actual journey and not just text based story telling. They were even narrarated when they did this in the past which was great. They could even do the crown thing but when you hit milestones like 15, 25, 35, 50 crowns etc, it prompts you to play the first scenario where you'll have cards fitting whatever part of the Witcher story you are at; if you beat that "stage" you get a card back or avatar and the reward scales to the progress you've made.

Think Thronebreaker where you have winding dirt roads with crowns along the path, then you hit a signpost where the "bounty board" has your puzzle/scenario and your prize attached. Beat it and you win the prize.

They could even do multiple staged scenarios and only after all stages have been beat will you face the "boss" such as a Griffin or a Striga etc depending on the character you are learning about for that seasons journey episodes.

With this you can get the accomplishment of beating the stage and it can show others that you have made X amount of progress and are smart enough to beat whatever riddle/scenario/puzzle the game threw at you (or you YouTuber the answer). Either way it seems more interactive and enjoyable/rewarding than playing 5hrs a day to hit as many crowns as possible, or just buy your way to cosmetic glory.

To avoid the YouTube "cheating" methods they could just have the player use only cards they own, so you need to be creative to figure out the best way using your collection. This wouldnt stop people from looking up builds online but at that point who cares.

Also, the prices for buying levels in the journey should scale as you go. If I'm 10 levels from a Geralt skin, and it costs me $4.99, when I get to one level away it should not cost $4.99 still, but more like $1.99 or something scaled. That's my only negative take on the Journey so far.

What I wish the journey was:

A more story based journey where you play scenarios/puzzles in game, using specific cards they assign to solve the puzzle or scenario. They did this way back and I really enjoyed it. It was an actual journey and not just text based story telling. They were even narrated when they did this in the past which was great. They could even do the crown thing but when you hit milestones like 15, 25, 35, 50 crowns etc, it prompts you to play the first scenario where you'll have cards fitting whatever part of the Witcher story you are at; if you beat that "stage" you get a card back or avatar and the reward scales to the progress you've made.

It would be cool if they expanded the battle-pass experience with the elements that you've suggested. The fundamental problem that arises by implementing things like scenarios is that it will increase their workload, which may potentially hurt other aspects of the game (expansions etc.).

Last edited:
Hi Devs

the idea about Jurney thru paid ladders is so poor.

please add quests or fights vs boses characters thru journey.

My idea is to add a bosses or quests.

please make it interesting.

It would be cool if they expanded the battle-pass experience with the elements that you've suggested. The fundamental problem that arises by implementing things like scenarios is that it will increase their workload, which may potentially hurt other aspects of the game (expansions etc.).
The workload would be much higher, but they could just do one or two scenarios every few sessions, so you have a slow progressive story to follow throughout the year and the rest could be filled with gathering crowns till the next scenario starts. Even that would be more interesting than time gated rewards.

I've decided to skip this battle pass.

I'm all in for CIRI story mode!

Her portal animation would be lit :love:

Top Bottom