A tiny, humble improvement request to CDPR devs, for streamers - toggle the carry weight notifier OR add movement speed setting (consoles)

+
Hey kids!

THIS IS FOR CONSOLES

So, I know it is highly unlikely this will ever be implemented, but on the offchance the devs take suggestions from here and will still be doing UI and QOL tweaks for a while yet, this is the one thing I would LOVE to be added on console - an option to turn OFF the HUD pop-up that tells you you are carrying too much (or alternatively, a slider option to set V's maximum movement speed)

I have been streaming a playthrough of the game and expect to be doing so for at least another year or two, because my play style is "real slow" - literally. As I do with Fallout 4 and Skyrim, I deliberately limit my character movement to only realistic walking speed - I find it more fun and absorbing and it's more chill for the viewers than fast, flicky racing about action. It's hard to explain.

In CP2077, I achieve this by making sure I am always carrying more than my carry limit, so I cannot run. I am on Xbox so I do not have any toggle option for sprint etc. as I assume there is on PC. The only downside to this is that the immersion is destroyed by the constant pop-up of the "You are carrying too much" warning and its associated sound. It's a real pain when I have just cleared out a load of bad guys and there are tons of items to pick up. My viewers have even complained about it being very distracting.

It would be super SUPER awesome if an extra toggle could be added to the Interface meu to turn this notification on or off, as we can with many other interface items. As I WANT to be overburdened, I don't need to keep being told. And despite that there is an icon in the top left HUD anyway, and the fact I can't run kinda makes it obvious and the popup unnecessary. it seems like the kind of warning that should appear the first time you carry too much and then never again.

EDIT: OR...as has been suggested, simply give us a toggle or option to set the maximum movement speed so we can lock our V into a walk at maximum. Whichever is less work for CDPR!

So fingers crossed CDPR see this and can pop a quick toggle on the menu or add movement settings. If they do I will send the entire studio a shipment of Tunnocks Teacakes*. Om nom nom.

*not guaranteed that I won't eat them first.

Last edited:
What can I say, I'm weird, I love pootling around game worlds at regular human walking speeds, vibing and chilling as I go. Maybe I am inventing a new genre, the "vibeshooter"* ^_^
I play like this often in a playthrough, it's good to take in the city. I do think the weirder people come out at night. There is just so much and it is easy to miss things by just running and it makes me feel part of it

I am guessing you are playing on a console, so you cannot install a mod that changes the walk speed?
Yup, Series X and S, so no mods for me :(

As long as I make sure I am at least one Unspecific Weight Unit™ over my limit at all times then carrying every item that I can hoover up from the world works fine though (and helps me amass a small fortune when I sell it all, lol)
Post automatically merged:

I play like this often in a playthrough, it's good to take in the city. I do think the weirder people come out at night. There is just so much and it is easy to miss things by just running and it makes me feel part of it
That's how I first got started doing slow playthroughs, in Skyrim - the world became so much more alive and massive when I was walking rather than running and I fell in love with the idea. It's hard to put into words, but in Cyberpunk 2077 just the simple act of walking down a darkened street on the outskirts of the city in the middle of the night, the moonlight reflecting off puddles and damp tarmac, the glisten of wet road markings, the distant city ambience faintly heard, the colour of the light, transports me away to a whole new world and I can almost smell it. I can wander like that for hours. My brain is weird.

I suppose I should have also asked for a 1:1 day/night cycle option too lol

Last edited:
sadly you have that issue
my very first mod was the walking button so I would just walk around and vibing

I just notice that in my recent freshly downloaded game it has an option for push to walk without a mod installed

I think maybe it's already there in 1.6

did you try to push the stick gently yet?

sadly you have that issue
my very first mod was the walking button so I would just walk around and vibing

I just notice that in my recent freshly downloaded game it has an option for push to walk without a mod installed

I think maybe it's already there in 1.6

did you try to push the stick gently yet?
Oh, you can walk in the vanilla game without being overburdened, but with a controller that just means pushing the stick only a little bit forward, which is a pain to maintain and tires your thumb after a while. When overburdened you can push the stick full forward and just leave it there and enjoy the ride, which is much more comfortable, so carrying too much is the perfect way to give the player the choice of not being able to run. Just wish I could turn the popup notification off every time I pick something up.

Oh, you can walk in the vanilla game without being overburdened, but with a controller that just means pushing the stick only a little bit forward, which is a pain to maintain and tires your thumb after a while. When overburdened you can push the stick full forward and just leave it there and enjoy the ride, which is much more comfortable, so carrying too much is the perfect way to give the player the choice of not being able to run. Just wish I could turn the popup notification off every time I pick something up.
when I walked in the other games for a long time for feeling the atmosphere
I use the so-called pinched technic

1663531119792.png

kinda similar to that but it's PS-type controller so my hand are in more neutral position to let controller rest firmly in my hand doing so

Just an idea, on my razer on Xbox, apparently I can't, but maybe with a Xbox Elite, you could ajust the stick "output". For example if you push the left stick at max the "output" only return 20/30/40 or 50% of the max value (so in short, you can no longer sprint or even only walk "slowly").
If yes, maybe possible to create a profil "normal" and a profil "walk" that you can change in game very easily :)

The normal walking speed is requested by many players so it would be great if CDPR can implement a toggle button instead of hiding the weight message.

Just an idea, on my razer on Xbox, apparently I can't, but maybe with a Xbox Elite, you could ajust the stick "output". For example if you push the left stick at max the "output" only return 20/30/40 or 50% of the max value (so in short, you can no longer sprint or even only walk "slowly").
If yes, maybe possible to create a profil "normal" and a profil "walk" that you can change in game very easily :)
Hmm, I will have to check that out. I have an Elite, but I think the option is only to set where the deadzone is. I shall investigate!
The normal walking speed is requested by many players so it would be great if CDPR can implement a toggle button instead of hiding the weight message.
I did not know that. That would give me an excellent alternative option. Or even if they did something similar to the Cheat Terminal in Fallout 4, where you can set movement speed (I have my FO4 character set to 25% movement speed, which basically locks him into a walk). Here's hoping we get at least one of these options!

CDPR please please please please please please please please :)

Top Bottom