+
- The way the tree's move in the wind
- The way your sword glows when you have a rune stone in it
- The movement of all of my saddle bags while riding roach
- The texture of the mud when you walk through it
- To many other things to list.....

Tomira the herbalist's butt.

Seriously though... the animation of the faces is wonderful
Rustling of trees, wind rushing through grass.
How Roach buggers off to eat when you leave her alone.
Kids playing, adults grumbling, the general ambience.

I'd been looking from something to give me such strong Red Dead Redemption vibes and Witcher 3 has done it magnificently.

Higher difficulty = better enemy AI. Not many games do this, instead they just multiply the enemy health and damage while reducing yours, which is what I call (and hate) "artificial difficulty".

Adding to my original post from a game session today.

• It appears each of the boats has a name, on the bow starboard side; I sailed one named Storm today, or rather, it was in somewhat of a runic script that looked very much like it said Storm (edit, it appears they are all named Storm)
  • As I was sailing, off in the distance I saw birds diving towards the water, looking very much like they were catching fish
  • As I was sailing by a small island, I saw a drunken pirate pissing in the water

Last edited:
for me when we fighting something near our horse he like panic and screaming
but that feel so amazing

Roach threw me once, and Geralt landed flat on his face. The monsters I was fighting were as flabbergasted as I was because they stood still until I got up. I bet they were laughing in their little gurgle voices too, the buggers.

Another one I just noticed today.

I finally finished a playthough of the Enhanced Edition of Witcher 2 so have been able to start playing Witcher 3 properly with the save import.

In Missing in Action where Dune who is looking for his brother on a battlefield - in his dialogue he mentions how he tried to get his brother to follow his lead and "loose" a few fingers so he wouldn't be able to fight (hold a sword) looked at his (Dune's) hands and yes! Missing finger/s.

Seriously Projekt Red... thank you for putting so much effort into the little details!

Odrin enterprises, from empty bottles market stall to gigolo services, next thing he will start AA group

Being called a little Prick! Hits the spot every time...the amount of times I have to hold back drawing steel with the Bloody Barons men.

Odrin story was super funny, that guy does everything! Besides that i like the people telling you insulting you when you stand under the rain

Two very little animations I came across and appreciated,,
first was a servant beating the dust off a rug, plume of dust engulfs his face and he wafts it away coughing and spluttering.
The other one was a random strumpet standing around in Novigrad hectically scratching herself all over due to flea or bedbug bites,
she lifts her leg up to scratch her calf, loses balance and puts her foot back down to steady herself.

A lot of work went into these little details I really appreciate that. :D

Not sure if it's just my luck but...

Almost every time he says the "winds howling"....I can find a Specter of some kind near by. (Or the general location where one appears at it's proper time) Mostly in the plains at dusk. Not sure if they did that on purpose, if so it's a nice little warning sign.

BzD_Doppleganger;n6929600 said:
Not sure if it's just my luck but...

Almost every time he says the "winds howling"....I can find a Specter of some kind near by. (Or the general location where one appears at it's proper time) Mostly in the plains at dusk. Not sure if they did that on purpose, if so it's a nice little warning sign.

I saw some conditions for that particular weather comment in one of the game's script files. Geralt says the line when the weather changes from sunny to heavy clouds, or something like that. Can't be bothered to dig it up to check; I'm not sure what script file it was.

-----

This has been present since the Witcher 1, but I really like how NPCs who aren't guards or merchants run to the nearest cover when it starts raining.

At least on the White Orchard battlefield during sunny weather you can hear flies buzzing around the numerous corpses when using witcher senses. :D

One thing I've been noticing on my latest playthrough. That during finishing animations if another enemy is close they can get caught by your swing. Made my day when I was fighting the priest of the eternal fire who had me burning the body's. Killed his bodyguard with a decapitation while he was running in at me and ended up cutting him in half as well. Hahaha love it.

How is everyone burned out? Everyone loves the game and are going to replay it over and over, as long as the developers keep putting in the same effort and keep coming up with epic stories it can go on even if it's not gerralt it could be a new upcoming witcher

mouacyk;n8186010 said:
These are all the reasons why Witcher 4 isn't happening. Everyone's burnt out.
I'm afraid you're completely mistaken; you've gotten it backwards. These are exactly the reasons why people want another Witcher game from CDPR.

As for tiny details I love about this game - there are far too many. I really like all of the little references to the books, whether it be characters, items, notes, names, anything and everything.

Top Bottom