A video to give a glimpse into how much love CDPR poured into this game.

+
A video to give a glimpse into how much love CDPR poured into this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vzzPB6PRsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMWW31FVCy0

Notice the idle animations for random npc? The amount of detail the developers poured into this game is borderline insane. The level of immersion completely blows other rpgs out of the water.

cheers::victory:

Update: Added a link to a different video. Credits to YOUTUBERS "Nathonas" and "Witcher Gameplay" for the videos, give them a thumbs up for the great job they did putting the videos together.

Last edited:
I was particularly amazed how much efforts writers put into letters and notes on dead bodies which are related to hidden treasures.

There are few stories that almost made me cry, like the one letter from dead Skellige man near Boxholm to his son. That was something totally unexpected for me

Last edited:
That's what I love about this game. Every little detail is designed with a purpose. You can't get a better RPG in terms of immersion like this. CDPR titles are the new standard as far as I'm concerned.

I was particularly amazed how much efforts writers put into letters and notes on dead bodies which are related to hidden treasures.

There are few stories that almost made me cry, like the one letter from dead Skellige man near Boxholm to his son. That was something totally unexpected for me
This, and also after a quest, which I don't remember the name of, the father went near the sea to cry following the news of his dead son. That was totally unexpected for me as well. Those little details just raise the entire game to another level. I have never seen other developers do it with this much effort and detail. Props to CDPR for their awesome team.

Last edited:
Great vid! CDPR really set the new gold standard for immersion and storytelling in open world games. I never could have dreamt it would turn out so well. I played Skyrim and DA inquisition shortly before W3 release, and they just can't compete.

I'm pretty sure that "not looking bad in comparison to W3" is one of the main goals right now for the Fallout 4 dev team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vzzPB6PRsE

Notice the idle animations for random npc? The amount of detail the developers poured into this game is borderline insane. The level of immersion completely blows other rpgs out of the water.

cheers::victory:

It's great when people notice and appreciate things like this. I bet topics and posts of this nature make developers smile when they see them. I have friends who blast through games just for achievements. They don't notice,or don't care about half the stuff in game. It makes me a little angry when they do this. But I suppose it's their choice. I personally do not care for gamer scores or achievements.

A great Topic and a great video. Nice one,mate. :)

Last edited:
I think the amount of work is greatly underappreciated. Tho I commend the technical effort of AC Unity, I'd rather had fewer folks that feel unique than the mindless swarms of people in Paris

I am one who loves the little details. Sometimes I just walk around taking in the surroundings and I will actually say "wow" out loud. Like the first time I seen the tail of a whale, or a beautiful sunset or an awesome storm. Or sometimes I will see something that make me smile or even laugh a little. Like when you get to see the painting that Ge'els was working on. Yup, I love the world these awesome devs have made. They have set a new standard that other devs should be trying to achieve.

So totally 1 million % agree. I amount of time i spend literally gawking at everything instead of playing probably amounts to half my total playtime, lol. I just find surprises everywhere, and i'm sitting there, smiling away like a crazy, watching a woman wash clothes, the water splashing. Or the torches come on in the evening in a certain area. Omg i was thrawled by that, lol. Individual torches, one by one, just lighting up around the area. It was beautiful.
And have you been inside a building and looked out the window?! Embarrassed to say i only noticed this properly about a week ago. But everything you see is actually there outside! People who talk by really do walk by. You can see the fabric on the tents/marketstalls wave in the breeze! Fires flicker. It's an actual moving image, not a static 'nothing'.
I can't run or gallop anywhere in this game because i'm stopping every second to gawk at something. The amount of detail, both in animation, graphics and sound is beyond words.

I just find it sad that threads like this get few replies, and all the bullcrap about graphics that's been keeping me from these forums is all over the place.
Forest for the trees people!

All of this is wonderful but there's no denying the repetition of NPC faces is very jarring in this game, it's like there are 10 NPC faces across the whole game. Most noticeably are the Merchants and during the Dandelion run around quest in Novigrad where Molly and the washerlady are clearly the same woman, it's so awful to be truthful.

do you realize how incredibly difficult it is to make thousands of unique faces for each npc? Game development is based on major priorities, the systems and such. Giving npcs unique idle animations and mannerisms takes thousands of hours. For them to design hundreds of unique, detailed faces just for random npcs would have delayed the game even further.

do you realize how incredibly difficult it is to make thousands of unique faces for each npc? Game development is based on major priorities, the systems and such. Giving npcs unique idle animations and mannerisms takes thousands of hours. For them to design hundreds of unique, detailed faces just for random npcs would have delayed the game even further.

It doesn't need to be 'thousands' it just needed to be more at least in main quest lines, there's way too many times you're like "Wait isn't that the same guy from Velen?" When you're in Skellige. Personally I care more about how the NPCs look than what they do off camera as I'm running down a street. Priorities, eh.

On my way to attack a pack of wolves, ive seen one wolf rolling on his back get up and try to catch other wolf next to him, i stood there watching the wolves for few minutes amazed at how alive thy look.

All of this is wonderful but there's no denying the repetition of NPC faces is very jarring in this game, it's like there are 10 NPC faces across the whole game. Most noticeably are the Merchants and during the Dandelion run around quest in Novigrad where Molly and the washerlady are clearly the same woman, it's so awful to be truthful.

There are some NPC repetition some are fairly annoying, but ive seen worst things in other games. In my opinion this game have a lot more positive aspects then negative.

On my way to attack a pack of wolves, ive seen one wolf rolling on his back get up and try to catch other wolf next to him, i stood there watching the wolves for few minutes amazed at how alive thy look.

There are some NPC repetition some are fairly annoying, but ive seen worst things in other games. In my opinion this game have a lot more positive aspects then negative.

Yeah love seeing the animals be animals it's really quite something. The amount of idle animations is pretty awesome for characters too.

As for faces I was never really bothered much by it. They've improved each game with the number of character faces and Witcher 3 especially had a lot of unique very detailed and important characters, I can't think of any game with as many important characters. Witcher 3 could use more background/minor model variety, but at least it's not Witcher 1 haha there was like 5 models and 3 voices for the background characters haha.

I read one post on reddit in which the guy described how instead of just slaughtering the bear, he decided to watch him. The bear woke up from his sleep after a while, start walking around, saw the hare, hunted him and ate him. After that, he went to the river bearby* and started drinking from it with his tongue (he didn't just lowered his head to make it look like he's drinking, it was a full animation of him drinking water), then walked around some more and went back to sleep. Now that's something I'm sure barely anyone noticed in the game, yet they went extra mile to include it regardless.

*It supposed to be "nearby", but when I accidentally made this mistake, it was just too fitting, to not leave it intact.

This game has details beyond anything I've ever seen. Sometimes it hits me and I think 'really?!, so beautiful!, this is a world, not a game!'

And when people complain about losing immersion of this game, I immediately think them whiners. Because when details are so polished, immersion can only be lost if your standard is unrealistic.

I agree with everything said here...but I'm getting sick if hearing the " bran knows swords blah blah blah my axe" in skellige lol.

Also I LOVED Priscillas character and was pissed what happened. Later in the game tho in front of the tavern in hierarch square you can see someone spray painted " I

Last edited:
Top Bottom