A word about the quitters here...

+
Yes it is quite depressing to read the forums less than two weeks before release and have most of the threads be people complaining about minor feature x and they will cancel their pre order. The DRM included is very non intrusive compared to a lot of games. It is necessary I think. Having to register your game to receive updates is an incredibly minor issue to throw a fit about. TW2 looks to be miles ahead of TW1 and I will be more than happy when my CE arrives.

Alalzia said:
Alalzia said:
Ive played all assassin creed's on the PC with a 360 controller
you are touched by evil consoles , naf said
I've played all assassin's creed on the PC with a PS3 controler and motioninjoy/360 driver...

sueil said:
Yes it is quite depressing to read the forums less than two weeks before release and have most of the threads be people complaining about minor feature x and they will cancel their pre order. The DRM included is very non intrusive compared to a lot of games. It is necessary I think. Having to register your game to receive updates is an incredibly minor issue to throw a fit about. TW2 looks to be miles ahead of TW1 and I will be more than happy when my CE arrives.
lol "The DRM included is very non intrusive". They could speak openly about DRM, but they didn't because it is one of theirs selling point. Next time they shouldn't promise something that they can't deliver.

[moderator] [MOD] We're having enough discussions about DRM here. Another one is undesired. Please stay on topic[/moderator]

The thread should be locked anyway, especially that the aspect ratio and open letter threads have been locked. It's just fair.

Kodaemon said:
The thread should be locked anyway, especially that the aspect ratio and open letter threads have been locked. It's just fair.
The other threads were locked due to inappropriate behavior. I think very few people want to log in to the forums and be like "oh, wow, look... a new post" and when they open the thread they see a raging flame war going on. Also, when you have a thread that is going on for over 20 pages and the same things are being said over and over and over again, is there really any point in keeping it open? People can read the first 20 pages if they want to see the same things said repeatedly.

frankly, even though i understand why certain ppl are scared of DRMs or patches support or lack native resolutions and cancel a pre order, i can't see why others care enough to try and convince them to stick with the pre order. i am not here to convince ppl to buy the game. that's CDPR\atari's job and i think they are doing a great job with it. even if they need to give some bad news, at least they are relatively honest. if other want to pre-order - go ahead. enjoy. if ppl are canceling - power to them. me? i didnt pre-order because i do not pre-order games. ever. i wait to hear from the community and reviews about how the game is and only THEN i invest my money. each with his own thing, i guess.

topeira said:
frankly, even though i understand why certain ppl are scared of DRMs or patches support or lack native resolutions and cancel a pre order, i can't see why others care enough to try and convince them to stick with the pre order. i am not here to convince ppl to buy the game. that's CDPR\atari's job and i think they are doing a great job with it. even if they need to give some bad news, at least they are relatively honest. if other want to pre-order - go ahead. enjoy. if ppl are canceling - power to them. me? i didnt pre-order because i do not pre-order games. ever. i wait to hear from the community and reviews about how the game is and only THEN i invest my money. each with his own thing, i guess.
thumbs up to wise people ;)

It is a bit 'extreme' on cancelling pre-orders as you can miss out on the extra exclusive stuff that comes with the pre-orders.But if your not into exclusive stuff then go ahead and cancel and then decided to buy the retail version when the price drops for a sale.Also you can decided when hearing enough reviews of the game then considering getting it.Another thing too a getting the game once all the patches and fixes have been release so you don't have to worry about bugs in the game.

Top Bottom